• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Cagey

Banned
There is always tomorrow

Being up and out of my place in time for McDonalds breakfast is a relatively new thing for me so I have some catching up to do

Most of my life was that. Working FT this year and having to walk past a McDonalds to get to my office downtown, that first month was brutal. Hash browns all day errday.

McDonald's has pretty good hotcakes, haven't had them in a while though. Used to get them every so often in college for breakfast. Now not so much though, mostly because of work and how many calories are in them, but boy are they good.

Clydefrog

McDonald's has pretty good hotcakes, haven't had them in a while though. Used to get them every so often in college for breakfast. Now not so much though, mostly because of work and how many calories are in them, but boy are they good.

I had them in Tokyo once and they were bite-size. It was so weird.

Most of my life was that. Working FT this year and having to walk past a McDonalds to get to my office downtown, that first month was brutal. Hash browns all day errday.

Hash browns everyday sounds like a great time on the shitter. And just awesome in general

The calorie count increase from the big breakfast with the big breakfast with hotcakes was insane. I pussed out and should have gotten the hot cakes too

Heretic

31056298.jpg

I may have had one.

Heretic. You ready for later?

I was born ready!!!!

Wait... You talking about the game or the diarrhea?

Montresor

Ottawa- Senators-gaf, do you want to make an avatar bet? Whichever side wins on Saturday night has to wear an avatar of the winner's choosing until the next time the Senators and Leafs meet. Is that okay?

Heretic

A hashbrown and a gross block of egg too. There seems to be so much more grease involved which I'm currently digging.

And yeah I was so stoked to that I had the opportunity to put together a sausage mcmuffin. I gotta shit and I'm not even done with my coffee yet. And I'm downtown too so I have at least a half hour of anus clenching on the train ahead of me

Easy there, cowboy. I love their eggs!

Merguson

Banned
Leafs traded Dale Mitchell to Ducks for Mark Fraser.

Dale Mitchell is playing in some random league.

Mark Fraser is playing a shut-down role for the Leafs leading them in plus/minus.

FLEECED AGAIN.

I was bored so I decided to mention this.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Mark Fraser is playing a shut-down role for the Leafs leading them in plus/minus.

FLEECED AGAIN.

Manics, is that you? :D

I don't remember anything about Mitchell.....

Heretic

FLEECED AGAIN.

Ducks Bench = Leafs Top Shut-Down Defender
Ducks 3rd line = Leafs Top Line

Fleeced indeed...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly my point.

Ducks 3rd line = Leafs First Line.
Try as you might, I can't be hating since at the end of the day, you guys took Toskalolz and Flake. If we took third line players, what the hell did you get in return?

And Beauch for Gardiner AND Lupul?

You guys want Comaslowreck and Connololy too for Bobby Ryan?

Blues have lost 4 in a row, all at home, and have been outscored 20-8 during that span (5 of those goals were scored in one game). This has been with Elliott in net and Halak injured.

Sharks have scored 7 goals in their last 5 games (all losses), while allowing 14.

gaming_noob

Blues have lost 4 in a row, all at home, and have been outscored 20-8 during that span (5 of those goals were scored in one game). This has been with Elliott in net and Halak injured.

Sharks have scored 7 goals in their last 5 games (all losses), while allowing 14.

I'd be dangling Kessel to those teams but I don't know enough of what they could offer...

Try as you might, I can't be hating since at the end of the day, you guys took Toskalolz and Flake. If we took third line players, what the hell did you get in return?

Best trade of the Burke era. Even better considering Lupul was thrown in there as a salary dump. And good luck to the Ducks in terms of keeping Ryan or Getzlaf.

I'd be dangling Kessel to those teams but I don't know enough of what they could offer...

Blues could offer Piertangelo for starters.

Heretic

LOL!

In all honesty, it wasn't a fleecing. Both teams got better because of the trade. Only difference? Our return is still playing for our team.

Heretic

Best trade of the Burke era. Even better considering Lupul was thrown in there as a salary dump. And good luck to the Ducks in terms of keeping Ryan or Getzlaf.

Salary dump and the fact that he wasn't producing AND hasn't played a full season in who knows how long!

We have Bobby for a couple more years. Getzlaf is as good as signed. He's just waiting for a good deal. I'm ALMOST 100% positive that he resigns with the Ducks.

The cap isn't an issue for the Ducks.

Merguson

Banned
Salary dump and the fact that he wasn't producing AND hasn't played a full season in who knows how long!

We have Bobby for a couple more years. Getzlaf is as good as signed. He's just waiting for a good deal. I'm ALMOST 100% positive that he resigns with the Ducks.

The cap isn't an issue for the Ducks.

I think the Ducks will sign both Getzlaf and Perry.

I suppose Perry seems the more doubtful one but I think he'll sign.

Spl1nter

I still dont understand why J.Schultz left Anaheim for Edmonton. Living in a shitty place on a shitty team. Ducks would be crazy with Schultz on the team.

Heretic

I still dont understand why J.Schultz left Anaheim for Edmonton. Living in a shitty place on a shitty team. Ducks would be crazy with Schultz on the team.

Fuck Schultz. He's the main reason why we traded Gardiner too.

Cam probably won't play till the 18th at the earliest. Fuck Stool.

Acid08

Banned
What about Havlat? $5M and on the third line.
He's not there because he has been playing so terribly, he showed some chemistry with Handzus so he's been getting time with him. Has yet to produce any results so I'm not sure why its still happening.

Makes sense from a cap perspective though, we need to ship some out to bring anything back. Kessel>Havlat too. Murray+Havlat+picks for Kessel?

gaming_noob

He's not there because he has been playing so terribly, he showed some chemistry with Handzus so he's been getting time with him. Has yet to produce any results so I'm not sure why its still happening.

Makes sense from a cap perspective though, we need to ship some out to bring anything back. Kessel>Havlat too. Murray+Havlat+picks for Kessel?

What do you think about Clowe and a first rounder for Kessel? Nonis would get destroyed if he doesn't get a first rounder returned...

The Sabres will be scratching John Scott, Alexander Sulzer and T.J. Brennan tonight. Jordan Leopold and Drew Stafford survive for now. Ruff said Leopold (minus-6) provides more mobility than Sulzer while Stafford (who leads NHL goal-less players with 36 shots on goal) got a reprieve for getting a couple scoring chances Sunday and setting up Tyler Ennis' goal.

So bizarre. Sulzer has probably been their best defenseman (which says very little, but still). I can see why Stafford doesn't get scratched, since the alternative would probably be Hecht on the 2nd line (Cause heaven forbid Grigorenko get up there.)

Top Bottom