• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Yep, this is huge. I never owned a car in Europe and never suffered for it. Transit was excellent and I walked a ton. North American cities were largely built around the car, though.

Love DC for this reason. Walking+Metro is the greatest form of transportation. Zipcars are great for when you need to carry big shit too.

Oh yeah... and the Flyers blow. I hate this team.

Socreges

Banned
DAMNIT I just spent the past 15mins trying to find a picture I took when I was at Camp Nou, but I can't find it. Barcelona > Madrid.
Yep. Unfortunately I didn't get to Barcelona until July when there was nothing going on but tours of the stadium. Didn't want to pay 70 Euros for that.

Went to a Madrid Champion's League game, though, and a World Cup qualifying match (Spain/Turkey), both at Santiago Bernabeu.

DAMNIT I just spent the past 15mins trying to find a picture I took when I was at Camp Nou, but I can't find it. Barcelona > Madrid.
That Is so nice, I went to Nou Camp with my soccer team when I was younger, but not for a game:( Just a tour for the arena and the museum, Atleast I got to see their CL trophy(just had one back then I think).
Yep. Unfortunately I didn't get to Barcelona until July when there was nothing going on but tours of the stadium. Didn't want to pay 70 Euros for that.

Went to a Madrid Champion's League game, though, and a World Cup qualifying match (Spain/Turkey), both at Santiago Bernabeu.
This is so cool. Lots of people are describing Bernabeu as maybe the best arena for soccer in Europe.

I have been so Bayern Munichs Allianz Arena and St James Park in Newcastle myself, but I would love to see a game in Spain.

Stasis

I dunno which I want more tonight: a decisive Rangers win or a spectacular Habs loss. The meltdowns I'm already starting to witness from friends/classmates/acquaintances around here is just so much fun that I really want it to continue. I'm a horrible person like that.

Anyway, now that I've expressed interest in both it will be the exact opposite. 4-0 Bruins, 5-1 Habs. WOO!

On Sunday I met a Basque man who supports Real Madrid.

Almost threw up.
LOL I have some Basque friends(I´m actually sporting a Real Sociedad shirt I got from them right now:)) and I can´t imagine that anyone they know could sympathize with RM. It just seems to be pure hatred, they see them as a symbol for what has kept there families down decades.

EDIT: Stasis get out of here with all that Hockey talk, a sport on ice, how fucking ridiculous!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Best part was the adjacent team store making customized "official" Barca-shirts. Got myself a nice "official" Barca jersey with a customized name on it for myself, since at the time I was still playing Soccer recreationally. Fun times were had. :D

Heretic

So jealous... Wish I had the funds.

I am going to Hawaii in August for my birthday though! Getting old sucks...

Osorio

LOL I have some Basque friends(I´m actually sporting a Real Sociedad shirt I got from them right now:)) and I can´t imagine that anyone they know could sympathize with RM. It just seems to be pure hatred, they see them as a symbol for what has kept there families down decades.

EDIT: Stasis get out of here with all that Hockey talk, a sport on ice, how fucking ridiculous!

I know! My family is from Galicia (A Coruña) and hate Real Madrid with a passion.

This guy even had to change his name from a Basque name to a Spanish name because of Franco.

Blew my mind.

But yeah, hockey!

Glad to see Fayne is still going to play tonight after missing practice because of a death in the family.

Hope Cam Ward gives up 4 or more tonight.

Heretic

Any good photoshop-like programs for Win7 64Bit? Gimp isn't compatible and that's the only alternative that I know of.

Free, of course.

Socreges

Banned
This is so cool. Lots of people are describing Bernabeu as maybe the best arena for soccer in Europe.

I have been so Bayern Munichs Allianz Arena and St James Park in Newcastle myself, but I would love to see a game in Spain.
I have almost nothing to compare it to (as far as Europe is concerned), but it blew my mind. Especially the qualifier. 85,000 Spaniards going nuts.

You guys talking about Basque country and Galicia is getting me nostalgic now. Some of my greatest memories. San Fermin in Pamplona (craziest 24 hours I've ever had) and the Galician coast (one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to and I never saw it coming).

Osorio, you must have family still in A Coruña? That's awesome.

I know! My family is from Galicia (A Coruña) and hate Real Madrid with a passion.

This guy even had to change his name from a Basque name to a Spanish name because of Franco.

Blew my mind.

But yeah, hockey!

Glad to see Fayne is still going to play tonight after missing practice because of a death in the family.

Hope Cam Ward gives up 4 or more tonight.
Your Basque too brah?

Osorio: Crazy story about the Basque guy, I guess there is one of every kind.
I have almost nothing to compare it to (as far as Europe is concerned), but it blew my mind. Especially the qualifier. 85,000 Spaniards going nuts.

You guys talking about Basque country and Galicia is getting me nostalgic now. Some of my greatest memories. San Fermin in Pamplona (craziest 24 hours I've ever had) and the Galician coast (one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to and I never saw it coming).
It must have been amazing. I havent been to Basque Country yet myself. I met my friends elsewhere and everything I know about it is what they told me:) San Fermin Is the Tomatina right? Must have been crazy.

When did you go to Europe, was it a long time ago? Haha I have to say that for some reason I have always thought that you where an older guy. So now I see you as a 40 something guy talking about your youth :p

EDIT: Oh I just googled and it seems to bee the run of the bulls but I bet that that is even more interesting

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno which I want more tonight: a decisive Rangers win or a spectacular Habs loss. The meltdowns I'm already starting to witness from friends/classmates/acquaintances around here is just so much fun that I really want it to continue. I'm a horrible person like that.

Anyway, now that I've expressed interest in both it will be the exact opposite. 4-0 Bruins, 5-1 Habs. WOO!

I'd personally just be fine with a point out of this Boston game.

WHOEVER WINS TODAY MARVIE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BROS. NEVER FORGET THAT.

WANT TO ROCK WANT TO ROCK WANT TO ROCK OH YEAH

Try as you might, I can't be hating since at the end of the day, you guys took Toskalolz and Flake. If we took third line players, what the hell did you get in return?

And Beauch for Gardiner AND Lupul?

You guys want Comaslowreck and Connololy too for Bobby Ryan?

Beauch is our best D. And we're winning games. What does that say? Is Gardiner even playing in the NHL? Don't forget you also took Giggy. Who is probably still a better goalie than either Reimer or Scrivens.

Trying to think of a bet we could do, Heretic...

Uh oh.

Best trade of the Burke era. Even better considering Lupul was thrown in there as a salary dump. And good luck to the Ducks in terms of keeping Ryan or Getzlaf.

Nooo? We're very much keeping Ryan and Getzlaf. It's Perry that we need to worry about, and after he's played this season I'm not terribly fussed. He's already looked like he's mentally checked out.

8b9bc408da39209d5306a9f7250c578d.gif

This is the best caption to this GIF I've seen yet, I can't believe I spent $120 AUD on this fucking game. Worst disappointment I've faced in some time.

You should get your tag changed to "I <3 Justin Schultz" if you guys lose.

That's way WAY too fucking cruel to ever undertake.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't know that Cole had texted his teammates saying he will be better. He better hope so or he may take Kaberles place for a buyout.

Stasis

Reading their forums. Downloaded an installer and it said it wasn't compatible with the OS that i'm using.

Sorry, left the boards for a sec. Maybe it has to do with the SP you're on. I never went pas SP1. Just loaded it up and it definitely works fine. Gimp 2.8.

Socreges

Banned
Osorio: Crazy story about the Basque guy, I guess there is one of every kind.
It must have been amazing. I havent been to Basque Country yet myself. I met my friends elsewhere and everything I know about it is what they told me:) San Fermin Is the Tomatina right? Must have been crazy.

When did you go to Europe, was it a long time ago? Haha I have to say that for some reason I have always thought that you where an older guy. So now I see you as a 40 something guy talking about your youth :p

EDIT: Oh I just googled and it seems to bee the run of the bulls but I bet that that is even more interesting
28 now, was 24 but that was definitely the young Socreges. And yeah, San Fermin is the week-long festival surrounding the Running of the Bulls. One non-stop party. Tomatina is actually the only major festival I didn't make it to since it happened right before I arrived and right after I left. But I'd like to go some day.

And as a Swede you've got the privilege of leaving trips like that for whenever. But don't get too old before you go. ;)

ZeroGravity

Re-alignment will likely be voted on again in the next couple weeks:

Several team executives and governors contacted by ESPN.com Tuesday were in the dark about what the league was determining for realignment. And just what exactly the league and union have been working on the last two weeks, neither NHL nor NHLPA officials would divulge Tuesday. But it&#8217;s believed the framework is a slight variation from the December 2011 realignment format. And when I say variation, I believe there are a couple of teams that have been switched around from the original December 2011 format.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22010/rest-easy-winnipeg-realignment-is-coming

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Versteeg attacking Ovechkin after a clean hit lol. What an idiot. It was a clean hit and he is the fool who turned his back right as Ovi was coming in to hit.

Curufinwe

Top Bottom