• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

A) The names they chose are horrible. Just bring back the Norris, etc.
B) Get rid of the ridiculous divisional playoff idea. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

As for the Wings, Franzen is out tonight. Eaves takes his place and guess who gets pushed up to the front line: Dan Cleary. Because...I have no idea why.

As much as we hate on Franzen..... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That screws our top 6 so badly, I don't want Cleary with Z and Brunner, he'll make that line suck instead of dominate. :(

St Louis breaks it's losing streak confirmed, should have put Tatar up on that line and had Eaves on the 3rd or 4th line, DANG IT!!!

He is a stud, works really hard both ways. He was FIRST in league in takeaways last year.25 in 5 is high, But I could see him being worth 4 at the very least. They really need him. Would love for him to take Hawks 2 C spot.

I would do 4 mil in a second, I just can't get myself to 5 mil. I would do it for 4.5mil even. The long length along with the 5mil I think is what sours it for me. I'd for 5mil for say 3yrs but 5yrs and 5mil per is just hard for me to swallow.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Friedman's on TSN radio right now talking about O'Rielly right now and says that teams have to be prepared to give up a cornerstone player if they want him. He said he wasn't sure if Eller + Gallgher AND one of our D men from Hamilton would do it :lol....if he's this good they why the fuck don't they just sign him.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Friedman's on TSN radio right now talking about O'Rielly right now and says that teams have to be prepared to give up a cornerstone player if they want him. He said he wasn't sure if Eller + Gallgher AND one of our D men from Hamilton would do it :lol....if he's this good they why the fuck don't they just sign him.

No thanks to that, Gallagher is a stud. No trading Tinordi either, but I'd be willing to give up 1 of our other ones. I don't think Montreal has the pieces unless they overpay. Just don't see Eller or DD being the centerpiece to a deal for Colorado.

pringles

As much as we hate on Franzen..... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That screws our top 6 so badly, I don't want Cleary with Z and Brunner, he'll make that line suck instead of dominate. :(

St Louis breaks it's losing streak confirmed, should have put Tatar up on that line and had Eaves on the 3rd or 4th line, DANG IT!!!
This fucking team can't even stay healthy in between games.

Cleary would have been benched a long time ago on any other team, but injuries and Babs' manlove for him keeps him in the lineup.

Red_Man

No thanks to that, Gallagher is a stud. No trading Tinordi either, but I'd be willing to give up 1 of our other ones. I don't think Montreal has the pieces unless they overpay. Just don't see Eller or DD being the centerpiece to a deal for Colorado.
I have a hard time seeing us getting much if anything for DD, and after thinking about it I would be willing to do Eller + Beaulieu and maybe a later pick for O'Rielly. Like I've said before I don't see how Bergevin signs him after his shenanigans with Subban.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I have a hard time seeing us getting much if anything for DD, and after thinking about it I would be willing to do Eller + Beaulieu and maybe a later pick for O'Rielly. Like I've said before I don't see how Bergevin signs him after his shenanigans with Subban.

I threw in DD because a centre has to go back. Don't see Colorado wanting Plekanec for the same amount of money they're saying no to, and Galchenyuk is untouchable. Neither Eller or DD would replace ROR, so we'd have to give up some extra.

Socreges

Banned
Neither of these, while true, change the fact that settling a game with a skills competition is ridiculous
I've always thought it to be a good compromise, despite the Canucks never being built for it.

Only thing I'd like changed is how points are allotted. Should be something similar to the KHL system.

This fucking team can't even stay healthy in between games.

Cleary would have been benched a long time ago on any other team, but injuries and Babs' manlove for him keeps him in the lineup.

So apparently Cleary on 1st line and Abby on 2nd.

8tHEy.jpg

Curufinwe

I meant in the playoffs, not regular season. I don't have a problem with a pool of 14 other teams to possibly play. Cut that to 8 and it gets boring. I get what the league is trying to do (build up rivalries), I just personally don't like it.

I agree. It's a terrible idea that makes the regular season even more meaningless.

Flyers blogger Bill Meltzer said he's a basically a young RJ Umberger who wants to get paid like Jamie Benn. But clarified he thinks Umberger is a good two-way player stuck on a bad team.

Socreges

Banned
Since when is having depthbat centre a bad thing? If anything, it would give us moveable assets.
I am suggesting that putting a $3.5m Turris on the third line would be a negative thing, yes. But if you're suggesting they then trade Turris, then OK.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
You fucking asscunts.

CHICAGO -- Despite a lockout that wiped out the entire preseason and 34 regular-season games, NHL teams instituted the largest ticket percentage increase among the pro hockey league, the NBA and the NFL for the second consecutive season, according to an annual study by Team Marketing Report, a Chicago-based sports marketing research firm. The 2013 MLB ticket average will be released at the start of the season.

Solo

For realz though, bring back the old names. I want my Habs playing in the Adams division in the Prince of Wales conference again.

Not so awesome when you find out that the reason he did that was because he decided to throw a hissy fit because he lost the starting job to a sophomore goalie.

Imagine if Luongo did that.

EDIT: I think that Richard shouldn't get a division since he already has a trophy named after him.

Solo

Why has Crosby stopped taking players on 1 on 1 and instead always stops at the blue line looking to pass?

Probably afraid of injury. Cammalleri has been doing this for 3 years now ever since his knee injury. Completely ruined his game. It's the worst thing to watch when guys start playing scared, but it happens.

Red_Man

Probably afraid of injury. Cammalleri has been doing this for 3 years now ever since his knee injury. Completely ruined his game. It's the worst thing to watch when guys start playing scared, but it happens.
That and that was how JM thought was a good way to play hockey. Cammy had a severe fear of corners though.

The new conferences should have cool, hip names to keep the NHL relevant. Following the precedent set by those cool, hip NHL heroes they had a couple years ago. For example:

Conference Kick-Save!
Conference Backhand!
Conference Slap-pass!
Conference Spinorama!

The exclamation points are part of the name.

Curufinwe

I hope that fear has also led to him cutting down on all the slashing the refs were too gutless to call last year.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Have the NHL All-Star Game mascots that absolutely nobody has forgotten about fight to the death for the division names.

Alucard

Banned
Why has Crosby stopped taking players on 1 on 1 and instead always stops at the blue line looking to pass?

He's definitely less aggressive, even when it comes to chasing down pucks. I don't think it's him playing scared, but adjusting his game to lengthen his career. As long as he keeps contributing like he still has been, I'm a happy fan. I've accepted that he'll never be the same player again.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Horrible defense by Kronwall on that goal. Also, Howard might want to stop skating 10 feet out of the crease.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...

Yup. There's my breakfast...

Have my bucket, it's nearly full though.

I only stated that with wishful thinking that the Leafs will sign Getzlaf this offseason....

Sure.

Where are the buttholes on fursuits? Do they actually have places you take your dick out of in the suit you're wearing and a place to stick it in the other suit? Talk to me about Furry Sex please zedge, I have questions.

Honest question. Why would Getzlaf sign with the Leafs?

To be with Perry.

Wrong. Reports say that Perry and Getzlaf aren't anything more than team mates anymore. Once upon a time you couldn't shut them both up at practice, but now Teemu and Getzlaf spend all their time talking between whistles instead. The RPG line is the Fellowship at the end of the first LOTR movie, something that doesn't exist anymore.

You can have Perry. Seen him this season? Go for it, he's all yours.

I don't feel like we won so I'll let this bet pass. Next time though!

The +1 in the first row of our W-L-O column says we won. We DID score two legitimate goals and even more legitimate shootout goals. We just got lucky with our "PK". Take the win and add it to your pile of wins that we've accumulated recently. Lest you remember the dark days of last season and remember how good that felt ;)

Top Bottom