• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Spl1nter

O'Reilly for Grabs straight up? I wouldn't. Theatrics and bites aside (to be fair, he bit a Habs player) Grabs has been one of the better goal scoring centers in the league. Of course he's not Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos, but his numbers are surprisingly good.

You're crazy not to make that trade. If a trade was to happen it would be somewhere along the lines of O'Reilly for Gardiner +

Its difficult to gauge what that plus is however. I think it would be a mid range prospect, d'amigo, ashton, blacker, percy. Definitely not a 1st round pick. I dont think bozak or kadri are traded right now. I think management is probably really high on both of them right now.

Also Bozak is UFA, has a lot less value in the market.

You and Crazed should hang out sometime.

We could hang out in Detroit, tons of fun stuff to do!

K1aa5Ae.gif

We can be BFF's for life yo!

Socreges

Banned
O'Reilly for Grabs straight up? I wouldn't. Theatrics and bites aside (to be fair, he bit a Habs player) Grabs has been one of the better goal scoring centers in the league. Of course he's not Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos, but his numbers are surprisingly good.
... have you ever even seen O'Reilly play?

Quick

Banned
You're crazy not to make that trade. If a trade was to happen it would be somewhere along the lines of O'Reilly for Gardiner +

Its difficult to gauge what that plus is however. I think it would be a mid range prospect, d'amigo, ashton, blacker, percy. Definitely not a 1st round pick. I dont think bozak or kadri are traded right now. I think management is probably really high on both of them right now.

Also Bozak is UFA, has a lot less value in the market.

Like I said, I don't think management wants to mess with the chemistry going on right now by removing anybody from the top 6, maybe even the third line.

Plus, Phil would be sad if Bozak got traded because he's his friend. :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
lol@Leafs fans saying O'Reilly would be a 2nd line C on the Leafs. He's better than any C the Leafs have.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can't see Bergevin giving O'Rielly his 5 year contract that he's looking for after stonewalling Subban for so long unfortunately.

Spl1nter

Like I said, I don't think management wants to mess with the chemistry going on right now by removing anybody from the top 6, maybe even the third line.

Gards aint on the team right now.

Socreges

Banned

Management would be insane then. Chemistry is fleeting. Leafs are hot right now, but you always want to get the best players possible on your team.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
... have you ever even seen O'Reilly play?

I definitely can say I haven't. Everything I read about him though is positive and if hes a stud defensively like I've read he'd be perfect to be the centre for Kessel.

So with that said if the Leafs were to offer anything close to what the Avs want it'd probably start with Bozak/Gardiner and then another B level prospect.

Spl1nter

Management would be insane then. Chemistry is fleeting. Leafs are hot right now, but you always want to get the best players possible on your team.

Some Leaf defenceman will be traded by draft day. Leafs have good prospect depth on defence. Gards for O'Rielly would make a lot of sense. Franson has been playing well and Rielly will be on the leafs next year. Macarthur is gone by the deadline as well.

Quick

Banned

Fair enough. I don't know, I like (and I'm sure management does) the build up of the team currently, and I'm glad I don't have to make the final decision on who to move, since it'd be tough right now.

"Sorry guys, we'd love to have Ryan but we have a 4 game winning streak going. Can't tamper with that."

solo pls

I definitely can say I haven't. Everything I read about him though is positive and if hes a stud defensively like I've read he'd be perfect to be the centre for Kessel.

So with that said if the Leafs were to offer anything close to what the Avs want it'd probably start with Bozak/Gardiner and then another B level prospect.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

ibdwEpFdFyyQVv.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Quick pls

Taking off your shirt won't work here.

All I'm saying is everyone in here not to mention around the hockey world feels ROR is a top tier centre at such a young age. Something we've been craving since Sundin left.

If Gardiner is what it takes to get him then so be it. I love Gardiner but not as much as finally having a #1C.

Quick

Banned
iGXnuTTlCiGuA.gif

Quick pls

Taking off your shirt won't work here.

All I'm saying is everyone in here not to mention around the hockey world feels ROR is a top tier centre at such a young age. Something we've been craving since Sundin left.

If Gardiner is what it takes to get him then so be it. I love Gardiner but not as much as finally having a #1C.

I'LL DESTROY THE GARDINER IF I HAVE TO.

NO, KAVEY, NO. :mad:

WE CAN GET ANOTHER #1C WITHOUT GIVING UP GARDINER. NO. NO. NO. NOOOOOOOOOO.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What were we talking about again...?

I'm not saying I don't want ROR, but it would have to be at the right price.

Let's be honest, this situation has happened a shit ton of times. Every team and the Leafs get involved on a player, analysts talk of impact on Leafs, player goes elsewhere.

Gardiner plus plus for this guy???? Is he even a true legit #1 center?

I'd rather wait and poach Getzlaf (sorry dstl)

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah because past trophy winners have nothing done of that nature,

Crosby, Malkin and Kesler have never dove, spear, hack anybody or done anything like that, they are saints.

But hey lets discredit the kid's accomplishment on one play and keep on salting for some reason.

And yeah it is a dive.

If the Canucks could just win out the remainder of their games I would be totally stoked.

Also, enough with the furries guy. You're gonna give zedge flashbacks and confuse him.

Top Bottom