• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

RC

Banned
Was arguing with my friend and some homeless crackhead came up and asked me for a lighter, politely told her we were in an intense discussion, she kept asking... clearly not noticing the fact I didn't have one. Then punched me.

I think Marvie still has the pic of when I got to my friends apartment?

EDIT: Found it!

I remember that picture! Forgot that was you.

... Creatures-that-can-exist-in-water Alliance?

Our logo's a whale.

Tabris

Yep. I was really happy with that game. Great comeback to get a loser point. 1-0-1 with Chicago. Once Kesler and Booth start gelling again, back to top team. Do we play Chicago again to get revenge / confirm who's the best team once our team is firing on all cylinders?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Torts is absolutely right about the game in general. Was a shitty shitty game. The Canadiens didn't look very good either aside from the Eller-Galchenyuk-Prust line, which was fantastic.

Hopefully Nash is able to go for our little jaunt into Canada this week.
It was a boring game to watch, but Torts saying "It's two bad teams playing really bad, and we played worst" is him being a butt hurt bitch because Habs played a perfect road game and the Rangers couldn't crack their defense. Our best forward is Plekanec compared to the Rangers, Nash, Gaborik, and Richards, obviously they're not going to be run and gun. I'd be pissed too if my team was underachieving so hard with the payroll they have. Rematch on Saturday anyways, maybe Nash will be in and make a difference.

CCF23

Remember that time the Canucks persevered through blatant biased officiating after a Hossa Broadway act to THIEVE a point away from the Blackfucks?

That was cool.

Shootout? What's a shootout? Ties are awesome.

:lol Booth

Feb1813_BTL14_slide.jpg

The pads are there to protect the goalie, not his stat line. Equipment could be a lot smaller and goalies would still be perfectly safe. It's stupid that goalies can just squat in the butterfly and take away so much of the net simply because of the size of their pads.

Crack deal gone bad

Or we could just have every team put Brian Elliott in net and get 6 or 7 goals per team per game.

Tallon says he won't mortgage future for a "band-aid." Versteeg won't travel on road trip, and no news on Bergenheim. He also said 3 goalies are not ideal.

SOMEONE TAKE CLEMMENSEN

Revenant

Vancouver Canucks winger Jannik Hansen faces a 3:30 p.m. ET hearing on Wednesday over his hit that knocked Chicago's Marian Hossa out of the game.

I look forward to the wailing and gnashing of teeth later.

Cake Boss

Banned
He lost his balance and got right back up...
Hossa really sold it though...

:lol

Love dem homer glasses.

As a 3rd party in this that doesnt give a shit about either teams, Hansen pulled a cunt move on Hossa and Kesler has returned to form, the diving form, not the 40 goal season one.

OnPoint

Sabres-GAF is a sad plac right now.

I was at the Sabres - Jets game last night. One thing was immediately clear -- this franchise is at its lowest point since the (previous) lockout, and everyone knows it. It wasn't evidenced by the goal Winnipeg scored like 20 seconds into the game. Anyone who watches half of a Sabres game can see that this squad just can't hack it. It was highlighted by how quickly the arena went from having no excitement or buzz whatsoever to almost constant booing from the crowd. This is a fanbase that has stuck with the team through a lot without much complaint at the actual games. There's a problem when your team just can't get the puck out of their own end for multiple minutes at a time on a game-to-game basis. There's a problem when the people who paid money to be in the seats aren't cheering the team to encourage them. There's a problem when there are 6.3 seconds left on the clock with a faceoff to the left of the opposing goaltender and you're down one goal and a huge portion of the crowd is making their way to the exits.

The team is so bad they're beyond fan support. This is where management needs to step in and make changes. The coaching staff has been benching players but it hasn't helped. The GM won't make trades because he 'doesn't like the value he's getting back', according to the morning show in Buffalo. This is where our venerated and holy owner Pegula should step in and make something happen. Force a trade or, fuck, I don't know, FIRE PEOPLE. But he won't. Because he is, first and foremost, a fan. He's a fan of Ruff and Regier, who would have been fired seasons ago on any other team. This season especially. Yet somehow they're allowed to stay here and continually underachieve. I'm flabbergasted. Shouldn't he, as a fan, want this team to do as good as possible? I'm not an advocate for sweeping change every time a squad goes on a losing streak, but we're past the point that this can be considered a streak. This is who this team is. Something has to give.

I am so irritated with this franchise it hurts.

Edit: <3 you Marvie

Top Bottom