• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I await Bish's reply with enthusiasm.
I called it!

Blackhawks Fan™ can go eat a bag of thumbs w/extra salt

E2DCnTh.gif

E2DCnTh.gif

E2DCnTh.gif

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Wait for ESPN to actually talk about hockey tomorrow only to bash it. Mike Wilbon probably has a huge hard on. Guy loves bashing hockey while knowing absolutely nothing about it.

geeko

It's a vocal me.

Habs, Leafs, and Canucks have the largest amount of regular posters on here.

You're a fan of that Barons, right?

Acid08, you do enough shit talking that I don't have to post here, you got it covered.

Another Shorks fan!

Fuck, where's my camera and ear rfid chips?!

I have been here for years, I'm just really bad at posting on this board.

EDIT: I have friday off, but I'm strangely not looking forward to playing the blackhawks again. I really wish I had more faith in my team right now :/

calder

And much like the Canucks, I underachieve.

To be fair to the Canucks, there's a school of thought that say they are not nearly as good as their President Trophy winning ways would suggest. Instead it's whispered they are fattened up like veal calves on substandard NW division competition - you can easily say 'disappointing' results in the playoffs should really not be so disappointing. So they aren't really underachievers at all, more like a good team fraudulently passing themselves off as a great team; a moderately attractive woman canny enough to surround herself with much less attractive friends, mostly from Alberta (sry Cgy).

#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said winger Marian Hossa "seemed okay" after the game vs. #Canucks
No doubt.

Acid08

Banned
Acid08, you do enough shit talking that I don't have to post here, you got it covered.

I have been here for years, I'm just really bad at posting on this board.

EDIT: I have friday off, but I'm strangely not looking forward to playing the blackhawks again. I really wish I had more faith in my team right now :/
You're cool in my book, man.

It's that Marty Chinn we gotta watch out for.

CONGRATULATIONS FEATHERED ALLIANCE ON YOUR NEARLY BEATING OUR 2007 REGULAR SEASON RECORD AS WELL AS HABS-AGE (EXCEPT SOLO LOL) FOR COMING 1ST IN THE EC

And TSN's power rankings are so bad. Ducks get no respect and the fellating of the NE is hilarious.

Thank you.

Sports fans who can't handle trash talk probably should be watching cricket, curling or diving.

I assure you, there's a LOT of trash talk being said at cricket grounds.

Someone is really that sensitive and insecure? Is that actually banable?

Casual homophobic remarks never fly, and I agree that they shouldn't.

I once got a barrage hurled at me in here for using a That 70s Show quote.. "You're a sensitive guy Eric/*account name*, it's kinda gay". Deservedly so because on retrospect it's a terrible quote.

RC

Banned
Honestly, this rivalry wouldn't be nearly as fun without you guys. We bring out the worst in each other and I wouldn't trade all that saltiness for anything.

Marvie_3

Banned
Except that looks a lot like a Caribbean Reef Shark. :p
You're just jealous you didn't get a high five from a shark.

Honestly this rivalry wouldn't be nearly as fun without you guys. We bring out the worst in each other and I wouldn't trade all that saltiness for anything.

If I ever find myself in Vancouver again, I'll buy you a beer man.

Then I'll stab you in the throat with a broken bottle while singing Chelsea Dagger at the top of my lungs.

RC

Banned
You're just jealous you didn't get a high five from a shark.

If I ever find myself in Vancouver again, I'll buy you a beer man.

Then I'll stab you in the throat with a broken bottle while singing Chelsea Dagger at the top of my lungs.

Oh Marvie, never change.

And we both know you would never make it out of the airport. Alive anyway.

Marvie_3

Banned
Excellent.

GMs to discuss size of goalie equipment

With only five NHL teams averaging more than three goals scored per game, general managers are expected to revisit the size of goaltenders’ equipment during their upcoming meetings on March 20, reports ESPN’s Craig Custance.

“It was brought up last year and will be again,” one GM told Custance on Monday.

The equipment debate is hardly new. Goalies will argue their gear is the minimum size required to stay safe. On the other side of the discussion is the desire for more offense.

In 2005-06, the first season after the previous lockout, 16 teams averaged three goals or more. Again, that number is now five. In 2011-12, it was three.

Obviously, goalie equipment isn’t entirely (if at all) to blame for the decrease in scoring over the last few seasons, but reducing the size of the padding does offer a possible avenue towards more goals.

Marvie_3

Banned
You can't keep making the equipment meant to protect the goalies smaller and smaller just to manufacture more offense.

The pads are there to protect the goalie, not his stat line. Equipment could be a lot smaller and goalies would still be perfectly safe. It's stupid that goalies can just squat in the butterfly and take away so much of the net simply because of the size of their pads.

Why did you get punched by a woman on Burrard St? Short changed a hooker?
Crack deal gone bad

Holiday

Banned
Melt your bandwidth with this arbitrary list of hockey/celeb lookalikes (totally scientific):

Phaneuf and Ralf Moeller

phaneuf_487_381.jpg
index.php

Nash and Chris Pratt

rick_nash--300x300.jpg
gotg_guy.jpg

Lupul and Van Damme

Joffrey+Lupul+2012+NHL+Awards+Red+Carpet+mUj2bJ_jc5Kl.jpg
17507-2068.gif

Bolland and Christian Bale

gyi0060608986_crop_450x500.jpg
Christian-Bale-007.jpg

Clarkson and Jim Caviezel

David+Clarkson+2012+Stanley+Cup+Final+Media+UXYwj3rTcgRl.jpg
la_passion_acteur_christ.jpg

Briere and Giovanni Ribisi

gyi0060472255_medium.jpg
images

Price and Hal Sparks

690680_carey_price_profil.jpg
6fc74_050210Sparks.jpg

for realer: Kessel and that guy from The Fugitive

i
13376-6905.gif

Why did you get punched by a woman on Burrard St? Short changed a hooker?

Was arguing with my friend and some homeless crackhead came up and asked me for a lighter, politely told her we were in an intense discussion, she kept asking... clearly not noticing the fact I didn't have one. Then punched me.

I think Marvie still has the pic of when I got to my friends apartment?

EDIT: Found it!

Top Bottom