• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It matters when the league is the one paying the bills for that team.

So we can assume silence = move this offseason, because they'd have announced a sale for sure and are just waiting til Phoenix is eliminated/season over to announce it?

MacAttack

This should be one of the skill competitions in the All-Star game. How many shots to the logo can you make while the goalie gives you a perfect sniping angle.
Dan Paille has a lock on this competition.

Only he would never make an All-Star team, so he'd have to get a special invite like the "Red Mamba" in the 3-point competition.

Marvie_3

Banned
i7YgGNgcIEfGs.gif
i7YgGNgcIEfGs.gif

MacAttack

I'd go with the Oilers beating the Hawks tomorrow night.
Is this your lock of the week?

I've picked Edmonton to win too much this year and picked Chicago to lose just as much. I don't think I can go down that path again. I'm going with the Hawks and the streak.

ZeroGravity

Can't believe we're going to waste another MVP-caliber season from Stamkos because this team can't coach for shit and we're a goaltender graveyard.

Stammer91

Neo Member
Fuck this team.

This team's problems start and end with coaching. Sure, the roster isn't perfect, but it's a roster capable of easily winning the SE and making a bit of noise in the playoffs. Boucher is not a good head coach. Raymond and Lacroix suck. Frantz Jean has made every goalie he's ever coached worse. We gave Smith like 4 years? No success. Goes on to Coyotes and carries them to a WCF appearance. Roloson went on a bad slump and pretty much ended up saying "I'm going to just do my own thing and ignore the coaches for now", then goes on a tear. Lindback had insanely good numbers on the worst team in the Swiss league, comes over here and is possibly the worst goalie in the league so far. Carle was a solid defenseman for Phili and now can't play defense. Hedman was tearing up the KHL and was playing fantastic the first 6 or 7 games of the season and now he looks timid again. There's no defensive structure, no breakout plays, no consistent forecheck or backcheck. But with how bad we look on defense and fundamentals, starting Garon over Lindback would have won us a few more games most likely. I think we should send Lindback down to Cooper in Syracuse and call up Desjardins to back up Garon. With proper coaching I think Lindback could be a top 15 goalie in the league. These coaches just can't seem to coach guys up and work the kinks out of their games.

Stammer91

Neo Member
And I think it's no coincidence that some of our best players this year are the ones that came up from Syracuse. That Cooper knows how to coach

Top Bottom