• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Weird to hear Lightning age complain about Boucher, the Habs board at hfboards still have a hard on over him, and he was the next big thing a couple years ago.

Chris R

Missed the third and OT but the result doesn't surprise me. Gotta look up to see if it was the teams fault or if the refs continued to look the other way on the Ducks' sins/

This team's problems start and end with coaching. Sure, the roster isn't perfect, but it's a roster capable of easily winning the SE and making a bit of noise in the playoffs. Boucher is not a good head coach. Raymond and Lacroix suck. Frantz Jean has made every goalie he's ever coached worse. We gave Smith like 4 years? No success. Goes on to Coyotes and carries them to a WCF appearance. Roloson went on a bad slump and pretty much ended up saying "I'm going to just do my own thing and ignore the coaches for now", then goes on a tear. Lindback had insanely good numbers on the worst team in the Swiss league, comes over here and is possibly the worst goalie in the league so far. Carle was a solid defenseman for Phili and now can't play defense. Hedman was tearing up the KHL and was playing fantastic the first 6 or 7 games of the season and now he looks timid again. There's no defensive structure, no breakout plays, no consistent forecheck or backcheck. But with how bad we look on defense and fundamentals, starting Garon over Lindback would have won us a few more games most likely. I think we should send Lindback down to Cooper in Syracuse and call up Desjardins to back up Garon. With proper coaching I think Lindback could be a top 15 goalie in the league. These coaches just can't seem to coach guys up and work the kinks out of their games.

ZG kind of just leaves driveby posts. Never seen him actually reply to someone. Good luck.

ZeroGravity

Would Tampa be interested in Tim Thomas next season? I don't see why they wouldn't be, if he decides to come back. He's buddies with St Louis, so there's that.
I doubt it. After Roloson I don't think they go with the short-team old goalie direction. Yzerman wants someone young and potentially long-term.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I return from the Oscars thread enlightened, elevated, and ejaculated.

Wreck-It Ralph should've won, and FUCK YOU ARGO for discrediting Canadian work and claiming it was all CIA. Lincoln should've won just for that.

Alucard

Banned
Fuck Canada. Ben Affleck got those people out BY HIMSELF.

LOOOOOOOL.

Seriously though, I thought Argo was really intense as a film. As a historical document, it's twisted, but as a suspense thriller, it works on just about every level. Liked it a lot and I'm not even mad that it won the Oscar.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOOOOOOOL.

Seriously though, I thought Argo was really intense as a film. As a historical document, it's twisted, but as a suspense thriller, it works on just about every level. Liked it a lot and I'm not even mad that it won the Oscar.

Oh I'm not saying it's not a great movie, it is. But I just can't look past the inaccuracies and MURIKA-IS-BEST-ization, so I'd have appreciated it not winning. it's like, "as long as the movie is good and MURIKA is great, pick up your Oscar on the way out". The movie would've been just as great had it been portrayed more accurately, but then it probably wouldn't have won an Oscar.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I just found out that J.J. Abrams is directing the next Star Wars movie. MIND BLOWN. THAT'S THE GUY WHO DIRECTED THE STAR TREK REBOOT. HOLY SHIT.

Marvie_3

Banned
Guys, I just found out that J.J. Abrams is directing the next Star Wars movie. MIND BLOWN. THAT'S THE GUY WHO DIRECTED THE STAR TREK REBOOT. HOLY SHIT.

BORG CUBE VS DEATH STAR
I need to see a fight between Worf and Chewie.

JJ, SPIN THAT TRACK.

jpvqL4FZjqF0q.jpg

Acid08

Banned
I'm not mad about JJ directing Episode 7. The only really, really high quality, canon, SW creations are the original trilogy and the KOTOR games.

My hopes for these new movies are decent acting, a plot that isn't all about politics, some fan service, and great lightsaber fights. As long as it's decent on these fronts I won't hate it.

I have this poster waiting to be framed, speaking of SW.

Alucard

Banned
Oh I'm not saying it's not a great movie, it is. But I just can't look past the inaccuracies and MURIKA-IS-BEST-ization, so I'd have appreciated it not winning. it's like, "as long as the movie is good and MURIKA is great, pick up your Oscar on the way out". The movie would've been just as great had it been portrayed more accurately, but then it probably wouldn't have won an Oscar.

I get your point of view. I'm tempted to jump on board with it as well, but then I remember how much I enjoyed the tension in the movie. I just have to ignore the historical inaccuracy.

Top Bottom