• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Alucard

Banned
'Duel of the Fates' track on the soundtrack + Darth Maul vs Qui Gon and Obi wan.

Either way, Star Wars is terrible business. Most people only like it because they wax nostalgic about it from watching it as kids. Everybody is too caught up in the past and viewing it through rose coloured glasses to see how truly awful all of the movies really are.

The original film was a watershed moment for film. Do any research on it and you'll find out how truly significant it was in regards to special effects and science fiction in general. As a hero's journey, it's pretty much flawless.

I do think the new trilogy has the potential of actually being the best of all of them, especially now that I know Abrams is involved.

Alucard

Banned
13328__hayden_l.jpg

"Just being around her again..."

038.jpg

"...is INTOXICATING."

Okay, I'm out. Have to be up for work in less than 4 hours. Fuck. It's going to be a shitty Monday.

Marvie_3

Banned
The biggest thing is whether or not Sacramento moves to Seattle from the NBA.

Others said it looks like Seattle and KC from the divisions, but KC has no owner.

Kansas City has said they don't want a team either. Their arena is more profitable without a team than it would be with a team.

So was Avatar and that was still a piece of shit.
James Cameron needs to go back to making good movies like Terminator 1.

Quick

Banned
The original film was a watershed moment for film. Do any research on it and you'll find out how truly significant it was in regards to special effects and science fiction in general. As a hero's journey, it's pretty much flawless.

I do think the new trilogy has the potential of actually being the best of all of them, especially now that I know Abrams is involved.

Stay positive, my friend. JJ will lead us to the light.

Speaking of the prequels, I own the blu-rays, and I have to say that one of the changes I actually liked was replacing the puppet Yoda to the digital one in Episode 2 and 3.

Acid08

Banned
Stay positive, my friend. JJ will lead us to the light.

Speaking of the prequels, I own the blu-rays, and I have to say that one of the changes I actually liked was replacing the puppet Yoda to the digital one in Episode 2 and 3.

And I'm sure he'll be CG in the new movies too. You know whoever the new Jedi is, he'll be visited by the wise spirit of old Master Yoda at some point.

I enjoyed Avatar. D:

Finally, a reason to really hate you.

KotOR is a fun Star Wars game, but to call it the story or setting 'high quality' is ridiculous. The only memorable thing about it was the twist.

Quick

Banned
And I'm sure he'll be CG in the new movies too. You know whoever the new Jedi is, he'll be visited by the wise spirit of old Master Yoda at some point.

I don't mind that at all. Wouldn't want them to touch the original trilogy, but I feel like it's only a matter of time until they replace the puppet with a digital one.

I still haven't finished KOTOR, and I have both. Might have to give it another shot.

Acid08

Banned
KotOR is a fun Star Wars game, but to call it the story or setting 'high quality' is ridiculous. The only memorable thing about it was the twist.

You're crazy. If you're into the lore the games settings were amazing.

Those games are up there with the Super Star Wars games.

Wow, that's incredibly detailed. All smoke, or is that actually a legit argument?

Is it theoretically possible? Yes. Will it happen? No.

No one here would follow a team in Rosemont. The Hawks are too big and between the Hawks, IceHogs and Wolves, our hockey market is oversaturated. Hence the ECHL team folding so fast. No room for more hockey teams.

Quick

Banned
You know what, I'm actually more impressed by how detailed that was typed than the accuracy. That must've taken a lot of thought.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Star Wars? Oh you mean those films where the storm troopers couldn't shoot for shit and the party was able to have full conversations during gun fights? Hot sibling action? One hit kill Death Star?

That said, the originals were slightly better since Lucas wasn't so involved with them. The one line by Solo 'I know' was ad-libbed by Ford since the original was corny as fuck. You see the result of a Lucas with too much freedom in the prequels. Shit story and delivery with terrible dialogue and saber dancing.

Wtf back to hockey talk. Fuck the fucking Leafs losing to an AHL team! Oil change for another decade! Detroit going to get reamed by the East. Phoenix can go eat a dick!

Quick

Banned
Wtf back to hockey talk. Fuck the fucking Leafs losing to an AHL team! Oil change for another decade! Detroit going to get reamed by the East. Phoenix can go eat a dick!

The few episodes of Oil Change I've seen have been somewhat entertaining. Takes itself too seriously, though. The last one I saw involved the end of the lockout with Hall, Eberle, and Schultz still in OKC hanging around, Yakupov landing in Edmonton, and their first game.

Or a lot of alcohol and drugs.

Or that, yes.

It's alarming how "plausible" it is. :lol

Seriously, this guy built up an entire scenario.

Quick

Banned
lol, Oil Change is the name of the Oilers behind the scenes show? Terrible.

Our is Shark Byte.

I thought it was hilarious, too.

Wouldn't mind seeing a reality show on the Leafs, but we'll see how 24/7 plays out. I feel like it's better to keep that stuff to a minimum.

Tabris

Wow, today was embarrassing. 8-3. I don't get why AV didn't change out Luongo at 3-4 or 3-5.

Well let's hope that both Schneider and Luongo got their embarrassing games out for the season.

Canuck76

Banned
Avatar wasn't worth shit in regards to actual story telling.

Cameron can eat a dick, dude is too far up his own ass to do anything worthwhile ever again.

Ok cool kid we get it, you didn't like Avatar enough to tweet about it

If you watch it in 3d and aren't expecting there will be blood than it's a pretty good sci-fi popcorn romp.

But no please go on about how the prequels are unwatchable and starbucks drives "cool" coffee places out of business and whatever other hipster bullshit you can come up with

If you watch it in 3d and aren't expecting there will be blood than it's a pretty good sci-fi popcorn romp.

But no please go on about how the prequels are unwatchable and starbucks drives "cool" coffee places out of business and whatever other hipster bullshit you can come up with

Salt ambush.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

James Cameron posts on Gaf? That's pretty cool.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Marvie_3

Banned

ibn3omJlIciHGV.gif

Only his opinion counts, guys. No one else is allowed to have one.

Is that how it works over at NBA-GAF? Haven't decided to allow myself the displeasure of visiting that thread.

Acid08

Banned

retro+gamer.jpg

I am pretty cool.

Top Bottom