• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

a Kings fan :) hi :)

wooooooooooooooooooooo

:brofist

The team has really rounded into form over the last two weeks or so. It was frustrating early in the season when we'd lose to teams we should have been stomping, but this recent stretch has been very encouraging. I'll be ecstatic if we can win a game against Chicago.

pringles

i don't know what was worse, that officiating or kronwall's coverage on the game winner. *puke*
Thanks for handing the game to them refs. Amateur hour tonight. That was garbage.
Just saw the game, I kinda agree. They put Detroit on the 3-on-5 for over 3 minutes and then they missed about 3-4 clear LA penalties in the last 10-15 minutes. What a shame.

Not too upset about the loss though. By far the best road-game of the season, and one of our best games defensively as well. Play like that and we'll win more often than not.

Wake up to see we lost, wonderful, expecting a loss again tonight seeing as how these things come in streaks. Why do I even care anymore with this team this year?

Revenant

Wake up to see we lost, wonderful, expecting a loss again tonight seeing as how these things come in streaks. Why do I even care anymore with this team this year?

SI4zw.gif

Watching that game last night I feel really bad for Caps fans. Their "best" player is a lazy dog and he totally drags the rest of the team down with him. I dont know what happened to Ovi but he just floats around the ice now it looks like he doesnt want to mix it up and do the dirty work to help the team win. Flyers looked great, Bryz had some good saves, and B.Schenn continues to impress. Gagne had a great game, wish we could play the Caps every game.

Alucard

Banned
Watching that game last night I feel really bad for Caps fans. Their "best" player is a lazy dog and he totally drags the rest of the team down with him. I dont know what happened to Ovi but he just floats around the ice now it looks like he doesnt want to mix it up and do the dirty work to help the team win. Flyers looked great, Bryz had some good saves, and B.Schenn continues to impress. Gagne had a great game, wish we could play the Caps every game.

Hey man, I'm sure Ovi's going to adapt his playstyle soon. I can feel it. It's coming. Really. I'm not joking.

With the way points are in the West right now you're still very much in the race. 4-10 is a 2 point difference, 5-10 is a 1 point difference.

Shit though, had no idea that the Queens were W5 and 22 points. And we need to beat Chicago with an entire second line of forwards out. Hah.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sather has been talking about getting Mats Zuccarello back this season over the last couple of days, and now his agents are meeting with the team.

Meanwhile, Rangers scouts were at the Kings-Wings and Sharks-Avs games last night. My guess: looking for defensemen. We might be ok in that department if MDZ and McD are coming back tonight, but the fact is we do have a pretty precipitous dropoff in defense once you get past our top 5, though Eminger did actually have a pretty good game on Tuesday. It would be nice to have a 6th man as reliable as the first 5. Right now it's "5 real defensemen, plus some guy!"

Which, to be fair, is better than a lot of other teams have.

Sather has been talking about getting Mats Zuccarello back this season over the last couple of days, and now his agents are meeting with the team.

Meanwhile, Rangers scouts were at the Kings-Wings and Sharks-Avs games last night. My guess: looking for defensemen. We might be ok in that department if MDZ and McD are coming back tonight, but the fact is we do have a pretty precipitous dropoff in defense once you get past our top 5, though Eminger did actually have a pretty good game on Tuesday. It would be nice to have a 6th man as reliable as the first 5. Right now it's "5 real defensemen, plus some guy!"

Which, to be fair, is better than a lot of other teams have.

TAKE QUINCEY PLEASE!!!!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
McDonagh confirmed good to go tonight. Nash will dress for warmups and "see how he feels" but expects to play. Gilroy may be out with the flu (I'm fine with this since it will give Eminger a chance to follow up his good game on Tuesday). Kreider is probably the scratch (why are we making Bickel play forward yet scratching Kreider? WTF sense does this make?).

Well Wings-Age, the day is finally here. The first meeting of the season. Should be a good game for you guys, we're awful!

Our two teams suckiness will combine and cause a giant blackhole on the ice that will suck everything into it, including the world thus cancelling the season.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Discovered a new TV show on Gaf called Utopia. Loved the first episode. Here is the synopsis:

The story follows a small group of people who find themselves in possession of the manuscript sequel of a cult graphic novel called "The Utopia Experiments" which is rumoured to have predicted the worst disasters of the last century. This leads them to be targeted by an organisation known as 'The Network', which they must avoid to survive. Using the manuscript, they must uncover the meaning hidden in its pages before the disasters depicted become reality

The music and visuals are fantastic.

belvedere

Junior Butler
With the way points are in the West right now you're still very much in the race. 4-10 is a 2 point difference, 5-10 is a 1 point difference.

Shit though, had no idea that the Queens were W5 and 22 points. And we need to beat Chicago with an entire second line of forwards out. Hah.

Steen is now questionable to play tonight. Tarasenko and Amac have been sort of invisible lately anyway, maybe this shakeup will yield some positive results.

Who am I kidding, a sleeping Amac and Tarasenko are light years more productive than healthy Porters, Murrays and Cracknells.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
But what's the shows +/-, Schuey?

Not sure about the minuses yet, need to watch more episodes. I tend to focus on the positives of TV shows anyways. ;) Show kinda had a bit of Lynch feel to me (could be just me though), and for some that could be a negative. Watch the first episode at least.

Music and visuals/cinematography for me are the huge positives.

edit: acting seems solid, maybe the look of some of the characters aren't appealing?. There are only six episodes, but season 2 is confirmed.

pringles

The fact that White got scratched in favor of Quincey is mind-boggling.
I was aboard the Quincey hate-train 100% earlier in the season, but he's been much better lately. +/- isn't everything but he's still firmly on the + side. White though has been terrible, in fact the only time he ever looked good was next to Lidstrom. White/Kindl/Huskins can rotate in on the 6th spot imo.

Am I the only Wings fan who is feeling optimistic? Our young guys like Tatar, Brunner, Lashoff, Andersson etc look great, the D is improving on an almost game-by-game basis, and we HAVE to be past the worst on injuries. If only we could get Helm and Filppula back, and keep Sammy and Bert out of the lineup, we'd have some sick forward lines.

Top Bottom