• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Silexx

Bishop did pretty well last game, a bit surprised they're going with Lehner. Is Anderson close?

It's a combination of wanting Lehner to get some playing time and him having a winning record against Boston.

Apparently, Anderson is going to address the media tomorrow, but no one knows what that means.

Edit : it is also being said that the Sens wanted Lehner to get at least one start before being sent back down, so maybe Anderson is coming back after this game.

With the way points are in the West right now you're still very much in the race. 4-10 is a 2 point difference, 5-10 is a 1 point difference.

Shit though, had no idea that the Queens were W5 and 22 points. And we need to beat Chicago with an entire second line of forwards out. Hah.

We can do it. Believe.

Alucard

Banned
20130228136201998132529.gif

Forever saved for any Caps fan who complains about Crosby.

Well Wings-Age, the day is finally here. The first meeting of the season. Should be a good game for you guys, we're awful!

Doom and gloom Acid? Sharks are 9-6. It's not that bad. I know it's half a season, but you could be playing the Hawks tonight with 3 of your top players injured. I think we'll can still beat the Hawks with a little hard work and divine intervention.

Working during the game again. Hopefully our streak doesn't end against a terrible team that's injury-plagued too later in the week.

(not talking about the blues)

Acid08

Banned
Doom and gloom Acid? Sharks are 9-6. It's not that bad. I know it's half a season, but you could be playing the Hawks tonight with 3 of your top players injured. I think we'll can still beat the Hawks with a little hard work and divine intervention.
9-6-3 bro.

And without that crazy start we would be firmly in the basement of the Pacific. They're playing much worse than the record indicates considering 7 of those wins were the first 7 games of the season.

Marvie_3

Banned
9-6-3 bro.

And without that crazy start we would be firmly in the basement of the Pacific. They're playing much worse than the record indicates considering 7 of those wins were the first 7 games of the season.

Sharks fortunes changed dramatically after Toews beat the shit out of Thornton.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Leafs gonna get stretched tonight by the man they lust after the most. Hometown Hero John Tavares, who will never, ever play in a Leafs uniform. Feels bad, eh?

toro5741

I hope DiPietro gets help and the people that like to pile on finally come to their senses a little bit. Pretty sure I've said it on here before but I was always taken aback a bit by the amount of abuse/mockery he's gotten from both Islander fans and fans of other teams. I was at the last two home openers and when he was introduced he was booed viciously by A LOT of people - that's gotta be rough on anybody's psyche...

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I'd respond, but being an Islanders fan has been cruel enough to you.

Islanders have made the playoffs more recently than the Leafs, who have outspent them every year since the last Leafs playoff game. Incredible, no?

Laugh all you want at our ownership and poor broken down Ricky, we've had more success than you since the year 2000.

And if your scumbag forward Darcy Tucker hadn't ruined Peca's knee, your futility would be even more pronounced.

Cake Boss

Banned
So now he cleared waivers, he can be sent down to the minors. Hopefully he spends some time there trying to get his health and play back in form, maybe try to make a comeback a year or 2 from now, kind of like Redden.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I hope DiPietro gets help and the people that like to pile on finally come to their senses a little bit. Pretty sure I've said it on here before but I was always taken aback a bit by the amount of abuse/mockery he's gotten from both Islander fans and fans of other teams. I was at the last two home openers and when he was introduced he was booed viciously by A LOT of people - that's gotta be rough on anybody's psyche...

I was one of the few applauding poor Rick at this year's opener. Its fun to make lighthearted jokes, but the pure anger from fans isn't really justified.

Islanders have made the playoffs more recently than the Leafs, who have outspent them every year since the last Leafs playoff game. Incredible, no?

Laugh all you want at our ownership and poor broken down Ricky, we've had more success than you since the year 2000.

And if your scumbag forward Darcy Tucker hadn't ruined Peca's knee, your futility would be even more pronounced.

I don't understand why you think outspending is something to be proud of, but it's not hard to do when you're carrying Yashin and DiPietro.

Quick

Banned
Leafs outspent the Islanders and have zero to show for it, as we've had more success.

Islanders dont outspend anybody.

Still nothing to show for it on both sides. No Cups, no playoff advancements. Isles basically played 5 extra games and handed the quarterfinals to the Sabres.

I'll commend the Isles for making the playoffs in the 2006-07 season, but losing a series 1-4 isn't something to brag about.

The Leafs definitely have nothing to brag about. No playoff appearances after the 2004-05 lockout, squandered a would-be successful season last year, traded away important draft picks (not that Burke could've predicted such a poor showing to get that pick to climb to #2 overall and whatever Dougie Hamilton's pick was), and have been in this weird state between rebuild and simply adding pieces together.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Top Bottom