• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

I was aboard the Quincey hate-train 100% earlier in the season, but he's been much better lately. +/- isn't everything but he's still firmly on the + side. White though has been terrible, in fact the only time he ever looked good was next to Lidstrom. White/Kindl/Huskins can rotate in on the 6th spot imo.

Am I the only Wings fan who is feeling optimistic? Our young guys like Tatar, Brunner, Lashoff, Andersson etc look great, the D is improving on an almost game-by-game basis, and we HAVE to be past the worst on injuries. If only we could get Helm and Filppula back, and keep Sammy and Bert out of the lineup, we'd have some sick forward lines.

Probably, but I'm never optimistic, I love our young guys especially Brunner (suck it haters who doubted him early in the season). We keep loosing games we should win and blowing leads like it is our business. We aren't getting blow out either, but we can't get over that hill of actually getting back in a game. Team has always been inconsistent these last few years but it is considerably worse this year. I really don't see them elevating their game to get the last playoff spot, I can totally see them missing it and finishing 9th or 10th. We do need Helm back badly, Cleary and Abby with D just is not the way to go.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I like you.

bee.gif

after your Leafs get stretched tonight

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I'll commend the Isles for making the playoffs in the 2006-07 season, but losing a series 1-4 isn't something to brag about.

perennially terrible teams like mine have only things like this to brag about, which is a bummer for sure. But we're still not as pathetic as the Leafs and Blue Jackets. Life is all about the little victories.

Quick

Banned
perennially terrible teams like mine have only things like this to brag about, which is a bummer for sure. But we're still not as pathetic as the Leafs and Blue Jackets. Life is all about the little victories.

13 cups > 4 cups (if we're doing it this way).

I can't feel the stretch you're giving, Teeth, because I have one Stanley Cup ring plugging my butt, and two plugging my ears. The other ten on display.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's sad we'll never land one of the big free agents, it's not even worth hoping for. :( Garrison was about as exciting as it gets. Yeah.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
13 cups > 4 cups (if we're doing it this way).

I can't feel the stretch you're giving, Teeth, because I have one Stanley Cup ring plugging my butt, and two plugging my ears. The other ten on display.

Yet none of your many cups came at a time in which the Islanders were in the league!

Curufinwe

I cant wait to see what the Flyers do with all their free money this offseason.

There's not going to be that much free money unless they buy out Briere.

Hopefully getting real defence and goaltending for their sake.

I think they will keep Bryz till summer 2014 and decide then whether to buy him out. They probably should at that point, just because they signed him to a stupidly long contract.

Hopefully getting real defence and goaltending for their sake.

I hope they can fix the D, I think Bryz is now in that he plays well enough place, so he will still be around.

There's not going to be that much free money unless they buy out Briere.

I think they will keep Bryz till summer 2014 and decide then whether to buy him out. They probably should at that point, just because they signed him to a stupidly long contract.

I thought the talk earlier was that the Flyers should have a good amount free. I like having Briere around in case the team makes the playoffs, but if losing him gets them some help on D it sounds good to me.

Curufinwe

There would be a bit more available if they hadn't rushed into signing Timonen to a $6 million extension. $4 million would have been more reasonable given how old and slow he has looked at times this season.

Well you can force him to waive his NMC, there's interest apparently.

There is interest from teams like Boston (Boychuk is the rumor) but they can't actually force him to waive it. They can just try and persuade him, and maybe tell him he's getting bought out in the summer anyway so he may as well go a couple of months early.

Gotta work 'til 9 tonight so I'm gonna miss the salt on here tonight. Go Leafs Go!

On the bright side, I'm going to introduce a 14 year old guitar student to "The Wall" tonight, so that'll be fun to try and explain.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
UPDATE: DiPietro tells Brett Cyrgalis of the New York Post that he was being facetious in making the suicide comment. Maher says the full video interview will be available at 5 p.m. ET.

Meanwhile, Snow released a statement this afternoon via the Islanders:

“We are aware of Rick’s comments today and the severity of them. We will handle them internally as we do with all player matters. This is an opportunity for Rick to play lots of games in Bridgeport.”
Looks like he can't even get quoted right.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Probable Ranger lines tonight.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Callahan-Richards-Gaborik
Pyatt-Boyle-Miller
Bickel-Halpern-Powe

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Del Zotto-Eminger

Much better.

Smiley90

Probable Ranger lines tonight.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Callahan-Richards-Gaborik
Pyatt-Boyle-Miller
Bickel-Halpern-Powe

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Del Zotto-Eminger

Much better.

Is Nash guaranteed to be back? -thinks about fantasy team-

Heretic

Apparently Bob McKenzie said on the radio that Perry is not resigning with the Ducks.

Sorry Ducks-GAF(if true).

HOLLAND, YOU BETTER PULL ALL THE STRINGS YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god, Nonis, you know what you need to do.

The question is does Perry want to spend most of his NHL career playing for Carlyle ?

[IG]http://i.minus.com/ibqrY0UBi01a6.gif[/IMG]

Perry best year under Carlyle. Kadri shall be our getzlaf in smaller form.

He also said Bobby Ryan was for sure being traded last season so...

MIDDLE FINGER TO ALL OF YOU

DiPietro also admitted injuries, losing and fan hatred over the past 3 years made him think about killing himself at one point.

Let's be honest here, Ricky is one of those guys who would only manage to permanently and horribly disfigure himself.

Smiley90

I have a feeling he wasn't kidding. Defense mechanism or external pressure, you don't just joke about that.

I don't think he was either. He's probably even more scared of the public's reaction now that he's brought it up. Wanna bet there's some people joking about like "haha he sucks he couldn't even do that properly, JUST DO IT" online/to him? I'd try to backpedal after that too, it's hard.

Let's be honest here, Ricky is one of those guys who would only manage to permanently and horribly disfigure himself.

...see.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is Nash guaranteed to be back? -thinks about fantasy team-
Technically no. He is going to dress, and he is going to skate warmups, but he is otherwise a game time decision.

The fact that they sent Kreider back to Connecticut this afternoon suggests he's playing, though. If Asham is out as expected, then I don't think we even HAVE any more forwards to slot in on the roster at the moment.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I was aboard the Quincey hate-train 100% earlier in the season, but he's been much better lately. +/- isn't everything but he's still firmly on the + side. White though has been terrible, in fact the only time he ever looked good was next to Lidstrom. White/Kindl/Huskins can rotate in on the 6th spot imo.

Am I the only Wings fan who is feeling optimistic? Our young guys like Tatar, Brunner, Lashoff, Andersson etc look great, the D is improving on an almost game-by-game basis, and we HAVE to be past the worst on injuries. If only we could get Helm and Filppula back, and keep Sammy and Bert out of the lineup, we'd have some sick forward lines.

I agree that Quincey has been better recently.

Yes, I'm optimistic, too. I would like to note, though, that things picked up once injuries forced Babcock/Holland to start playing the young guys. They sucked early this year and then when the young guys came in we've seen a turnaround.

Too bad those of us on here were calling for this last year and it took them this long to stop being stubborn.

Oh, and Filppula is terrible. Don't list him in the "reasons we're optimistic" list.

I thought it was for Pinizzotto once he is in game shape. I hope he can finally get past his injury spell and finally contribute for someone in the NHL.
That's what MacKenzie thought. Apparently not. I really want to see Pinizzotto play at some point. I feel for the guy, he'd probably make a great NHL bottom-sixer, but the man just has the absolute worst luck.

I don't think he was either. He's probably even more scared of the public's reaction now that he's brought it up. Wanna bet there's some people joking about like "haha he sucks he couldn't even do that properly, JUST DO IT" online/to him? I'd try to backpedal after that too, it's hard.

Are you projecting or what? The guy's a fucking millionaire, he doesn't give a shit.

If anything, he's fishing for sympathy.

Smiley90

Are you projecting or what? The guy's a fucking millionaire, he doesn't give a shit.

If anything, he's fishing for sympathy.

:lol someone knows absolutely nothing about mental health. You do realize that rich people can have problems too, right? Money doesn't suddenly make you immune to mental problems, same way it doesn't suddenly make you immune to physical problems.

:lol someone knows absolutely nothing about mental health. You do realize that rich people can have problems too, right? Money doesn't suddenly make you immune to mental problems, same way it doesn't suddenly make you immune to physical problems.

Well then, I guess I'll let you armchair psychologists get back to work dissecting woe-is-me quotes from a guy who has just figured out he's not even good enough to be an NHL backup right now.

Well then, I guess I'll let you armchair psychologists get back to work dissecting woe-is-me quotes from a guy who has just figured out he's not even good enough to be an NHL backup right now.

So you pretend to know about mental health, then call us armchair psychologists when we disagree. Get the fuck out of here.

Top Bottom