• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Heretic

So gross, Getzlaf.
qZ9NO8c.png
AT LEAST HE'S FINALLY SHOOTING

Acid08

Banned
ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

The 26th! When's yours!?
The 8th!

August bros!!!!!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is it a canadian-only holiday?

I said national holiday... so yes. Point being, birthdays on national holidays are best, regardless of what country you live in. (as long as the national holiday is IN the country you live in, I have no advantage of a national holiday in Peru or sth.)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Eat shit Leafs, this is revenge for that 6-0 beat down

ScLYg.gif

Oh, and what the fuck is with the Harlem Shake goal song? What a joke.

Oh so apparently tonight was the conclusion of the Nashville series. We've played all the Nashville hockey we're gonna play for this year (pending postseason).

And we swept it.

Awesome.

Redemption for 2011: Complete.

Sef, bragging rights belong to us for this year.

I said national holiday... so yes. Point being, birthdays on national holidays are best, regardless of what country you live in. (as long as the national holiday is IN the country you live in, I have no advantage of a national holiday in Peru or sth.)

doesn't count then smelly

Quick

Banned
This was Kessel's reaction after that terrible give away to Gionta for the open netter. Hopefully he actually starts doing shit now. Hearing the Ole Ole chant in ACC is pretty awesome too.

:(

iNOICMplFOH4P.png

I wasn't able to watch the whole thing, so I guess I missed out on a bad game by the Leafs. And I'm probably missing the Leafs/Isles game, too.

Quick

Banned
It's funny because I actually agree with Milbury. Ovechkin's been coasting for the past couple of seasons now, and maybe it's beginning to be more of himself rather than the coaching staff or players around him that have been affecting his play.

I wonder how much accountability the coaching staff is giving Ovechkin. He can't keep coasting like he is right now without being either chewed out or given a talking to.

Red_Man

I wasn't able to watch the whole thing, so I guess I missed out on a bad game by the Leafs. And I'm probably missing the Leafs/Isles game, too.
You don't have game center? I've been missing a bunch of games, but I just watch the replays and avoid the scores. Feels good to finally beat the Leafs, Ryder didn't look that great though. Got to give him a couple games.

Quick

Banned
You don't have game center? I've been missing a bunch of games, but I just watch the replays and avoid the scores. Feels good to finally beat the Leafs, Ryder didn't look that great though. Got to give him a couple games.

I was out tonight, and again later today. I did catch a sliver of the 2nd/3rd period and saw the highlights on SportsCentre, so yeah.

Habs were due a win against the Leafs, and I was expecting it to happen either tonight, or in one of the 2 games both teams have left against each other.

He needs to be benched

I'd scratch him for a game or two to get the message across, but then you tiptoe the line between getting a message across and pissing off your superstar and demand a trade/go back to Russia (not that he could right now, I don't think). It's a messy business, but ideally, you scratch him and the message becomes clear.

Red_Man

Ovie should not have the C on his jersey, what a joke of an example. How do you expect the rest of your team to get up and play when he plays half assed like that.

Ovie should not have the C on his jersey, what a joke of an example. How do you expect the rest of your team to get up and play when he plays half assed like that.

For some reason, the Caps exempt him from responsibility though. I can't even imagine why. If you're afraid he'll get pissed and leave, is that really the guy you want leading your team anyways?

Quick

Banned

I wonder if Oates has what it takes to take it away from him. It wouldn't just be a hockey decision, but a PR one, and could ultimately be a factor for Ovechkin possibly leaving Washington.

I wonder if Oates has what it takes to take it away from him. It wouldn't just be a hockey decision, but a PR one, and could ultimately be a factor for Ovechkin possibly leaving Washington.

If he won't scratch him, he won't take the C. He's afraid to hold Ovechkin accountable.

Red_Man

Really hard for a rookie coach to pull that kind of move, in the position they are in, but at the same time they're going down the shitter and Ovie is a shadow of his former self. Something's got to give.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Really hard for a rookie coach to pull that kind of move, in the position they are in, but at the same time they're going down the shitter and Ovie is a shadow of his former self. Something's got to give.

Who'd be a better C on the team? Green? Backstrom?

Top Bottom