• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

LOL Rinaldo run away from Parros you fuck.

Read goal was complete bullshit. Theo had it covered, under him and Knuble had to stickhandle Theo to get it out. Fucking refs, that's an easy whistle.

Jayhawk

JVR puts his hand on his ice to brace himself, and he gets called for hand on the puck... even though the puck wasn't close to hand. Amazing refs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Time to break up the DD line, it's fucking garbage. Put Patches with the Gallys pls Therrien, and move their line to the 2nd.

MacAttack

4 goals in the second for the Pens, the Caps haven't scored 4 goals in a game this season.
:lol :lol :lol

Poor Oates, he was great when he played in Boston.

pringles

They really should issue a warning for sensitive viewers before every Red Wings powerplay.
It's so painful to watch I'm scared children will take damage from seeing it.

Otherwise a good period. Blues look human for a change. Still a long way to go, Wings have plenty of time to shit the bed.

ZeroGravity

This team hasn't change at all since last year despite having better defense, goaltending, and overall talent. Someone needs to start taking responsibility and in a hurry.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
3Jn7hrC.png

Ow.

Red_Man

Yeah, too inconsistent and when they take shots they are getting blocked all the time.
They're dragging Patches down too, Cole literally looks like he doesn't give a shit. I can't believe that Bourque has been our best forward besides Pleks. He's been fantastic.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Loving JT Miller so far. Great against the Devs, great against the Isles. I can get behind that.

And holy shit, we actually scored on the power play! A complete disaster of a PP up to that point too.

Entering the third with a two goal lead is a nice change of pace. That was a great shot by Tavares on that goal, though. Gave him waaaay too much time. Can't be doing that again in the third. Let's wrap this up.

Solo

Bourque-Pleks-Gio
Patches-Gally-Gallagher
DD-Eller-Cole
Armstrong-White-Prust

Make it happen, Therrien. I don't like demoting Prust to the fourth line, but there's really no wheres else to put him unless we drop DD or Cole to the 4th line (which I wouldn't be against).

Red_Man

Prust is fine on the 4th line, he's been fantastic on the PK tonight. Dunno why PK isn't on the PK though....

Markov - Subban pairing on the PP is orgasm inducing to watch

CCF23

If the Canucks win tonight it'll be their best 10 game start to a season since they went 8-1-1 in 05-06.

Guess it's an October thing and not a start of the season thing.

Erdrick

Why the hell do the Jets play better off the powerplay? You have a man advantage... USE IT. They at least look more dangerous than the last game against Florida. Pavelec could have slept for the most part of that period.

That call against JVR was so not even right though... They really need to look at this so called rule again. It's nothing but a pain in the ass for the fans and the players.

I wonder who will score first..?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is anybody else as happy as I am that the Labatt Bear is back?

CCF23

Why the hell do the Jets play better off the powerplay? You have a man advantage... USE IT. They at least look more dangerous than the last game against Florida. Pavelec could have slept for the most part of that period.

That call against JVR was so not even right though... They really need to look at this so called rule again. It's nothing but a pain in the ass for the fans and the players.

The Canucks do this as well.

CrankyJay

Banned
Cheering for MTL at this point...I need to see how far the Sabres front office will let this team slide before they fire Lindy Ruff.

calder

It was a rough period to watch for ppl like me trying to find hints that the Jets are actually improving. And yeah, the game definitely has a "first goal wins" vibe already.. but hey both teams are capable of awful defense if not excellent offense so maybe goal explosion in the second.

Top Bottom