• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong | OT | IGNorant Ape

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Little question,
is chap 6 supposed to be explored with the cloud (so more broadly for lack of better words), or the game expect that i explore every single piece of land meticolously and just use the cloud to move from place to place.

Not sure if the question is clear enough.
Both, kind of lol. Broadly, you will spot points of interest from the cloud. However, you will often have to hop off to take a closer look or go on foot to find secrets like the waterfall or that mantis boss.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Both,
kind of lol. Broadly, you will spot points of interest from the cloud. However, you will often have to hop off to take a closer look or go on foot to find secrets like the waterfall or that mantis boss.
Dude i edited my post, put a spoiler on my quote aswell.

Last edited:

Nasigil

Neo Member
Little question,
is chap 6 supposed to be explored with the cloud (so more broadly for lack of better words), or the game expect that i explore every single piece of land meticolously and just use the cloud to move from place to place.

Not sure if the question is clear enough, it's just to adjust my approach to exploration since this area is pretty differenf from before.
This level is designed for you to use cloud to go everywhere. Vast majority of stuff can be spotted on sky.

However, this is in fact the first level Game Science built for the game, you can see how inexperienced they were. if you get totally lost and don't know how to proceed, don't feel bad to look up some guide. Certain things in this chapter are extremely unintuitive to find.

Little question,

Not sure if the question is clear enough, it's just to adjust my approach to exploration since this area is pretty differenf from before.

Just go for the bosses. There's usually visual cues in the environment where they are located. There's a lot of entirely useless area around the edges of the map where there's absolutely nothing of value.

SkylineRKR

I liked Chapter 6 a lot. I like how the game can handle a scope like this,. The area is seamless and quite big.

But, this game could absolutely use a map. I notice it on NG++ too. Shrines are hidden in the geometry after they've been discovered. Some things aren't exactly well done, though not a problem per se. The last chapter,

Its best to fully explore with cloud and land in suspect areas. Essentially only have to beat 3 bosses with combat, and another one in a different way. The rest of the chiefs aren't needed unless you want extra mind cores and a trophy for finding all chiefs. I offed all of them anyway, even these bosses are unique.

There is one unique secret king though, it requires you to have those 4 skanda? something items. You would find them accross scenes in the game where a weird guy is running away from you. I apparently had them all without ever looking for them. I believe 3 have to be found and 1 is on an optional boss.

There is also a hidden set found on a hilltop if you make a 180 at the Verdant path shrine. Its eventually the best in the game.

L3 works too for a speed boost by the way, not just R1.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Little question,

Hmmm. I want to say moving from place to place since there are some places you can only reach by cloud but I also got lazy by that time and didn't fully explore it. Chapter 6 area was weird. I think they just thought it would be cool to fly around on the cloud and didn't properly design that level to take advantage of that large open space.

RainyNguyen

Lmao, I love this dev team

zW08yAE.jpeg
JSu2umS.jpeg
xVEon2j.jpeg
IWjwuii.jpeg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Final boss in NG+2 is destroying me. Even if i go into Phase 2 with all my mana and abilities, he just kills me in one combo. I have the biggest defensive armor set, revival pills (Which bizarrely dont always kick in????) and defensive curios and nothing fucking works against this guy.

Whats funny is that i literally destroyed every single boss with the bull horn build that raises your attack based on your defense and ignoring enemy hits. I bullied Yashaka king, scorpion, and even Erland who i had wasted hours on, killing them in seconds on NG+2 despite still struggling with them on NG+1. But this fucking final boss is impossible. None of the tricks on youtube work. in NG+, he becomes smarter and avoids all these cheese attacks. he completely bullies the monkeys who apparently no longer attack in sync against him in NG+2. He is constantly immobalizing me following up with an unblockable attack that kills me in one hit. Just a brutal boss.

I liked Chapter 6 a lot. I like how the game can handle a scope like this,. The area is seamless and quite big.

But, this game could absolutely use a map. I notice it on NG++ too. Shrines are hidden in the geometry after they've been discovered. Some things aren't exactly well done, though not a problem per se. The last chapter,

Its best to fully explore with cloud and land in suspect areas. Essentially only have to beat 3 bosses with combat, and another one in a different way. The rest of the chiefs aren't needed unless you want extra mind cores and a trophy for finding all chiefs. I offed all of them anyway, even these bosses are unique.

There is one unique secret king though, it requires you to have those 4 skanda? something items. You would find them accross scenes in the game where a weird guy is running away from you. I apparently had them all without ever looking for them. I believe 3 have to be found and 1 is on an optional boss.

There is also a hidden set found on a hilltop if you make a 180 at the Verdant path shrine. Its eventually the best in the game.

L3 works too for a speed boost by the way, not just R1.
Yeah i loved Chapter 6. By the end of chapter 5, i was done with the souls formula and wanted something different. Having the open world be the final level keeps things fresh though not as meticulously crafted as the Ragnorak crater level which is probably my favorite single level since Destiny's Vault of glass raid.

It seems overwhelming at first but ive done it three times now and its fairly simple. i usually finish it in under 30 minutes now.

Last edited:

Nasigil

Neo Member
I just want to marvel again how an absolute banger this game's boss line up is. Mainly talking about those categorized as Yaoguai Chiefs, Kings and characters.

Absolutely incredible variety in terms of visual design, fighting style, story/lore, difficulty and everything. Very few reskin bosses, and even the actual reskin bosses (like the frogs) are given enough attention so they still has decent amount of uniqueness.

The best bosses (Tiger Vanguard, Yin Tiger, Scorpion Lord, Erlang, Broken Shell) can rival the absolute best bosses in other famed action games like Fromsoft titles or GoW games. Erlang and Broken Shell especially has some of the most intricate moveset and player interaction potential in any game.

The duo bosses are not hard but they are actually designed around player's solo fighting instead of randomly put two bosses together.

There are some bad and mediocre bosses but at least they are usually quite easy and never affect playing experience that much.

This is probably the best lineup of bosses I've seen since Sekiro, and it's not far behind.

skneogaf

How many more times do I have to kill the final, final, final, final boss?

It might be a criticism I'm not sure yet but I've just had 6 days off from playing it as I bored of dying against the secret final boss and the many versions that and the 25 versions of the actual final boss.

I got through the secret final bosses and now the actual final boss is drinking my gourd so he refuses to die.

I may need to take a few more days off.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
And NG+2 done. Had to upgrade the water armor that heals you automatically if your health drops to critical levels. The 25% crit chance weapon and several gourds that increase damage reduction also came in handy. That boss hits like a truck on NG+2.

Sadly, the wukong stance isnt that great. It only unlocks after you hit 4 focus points and only lasts 60 minutes after that.

Still, phenomenal game. had a blast doing all 3 runs. So much build variety in this game. Time to move on to star wars. I almost never buy DLC but i will buy anything this studio puts out.

Last edited:

pokerlife

I don't play Souls games because of their tedious and time-wasting game mechanics, but this game is great. It doesn't have any death penalties, you can reset your stat boosts and skills freely, and the save points are almost always right before the bosses. It's also not really difficult as you have a lot of options to use in combat like spells, transformations, items, etc. The atmosphere is also not that depressing like in Souls games.

I say give it a go.

uJnB1qx.jpg

You mentioned every reason i quit Elden Ring a few hours in. I thought i was going to hate Black Myth too. This is my Game of The Year now lol.. PLaying on PC and at end of chapter 2. Ive paused so many times and turned Ray tracing on and off to compare.. This game is on another level. Its the best looking game Ive every played, its also one of the funnest and challenging. So glad I gave it a shot. Hard to believe the metacritic on this game is 81.. I could give many reasons on why I think reviews are biased but Im sure you can figure it out on your own. I believe these developers have set a new bar for graphics, music and overall atmosphere of video games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom