• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

kingslunk

Uh huh yeah, go fly your Confederate Flag and long for the good ol' days bro.

Great stereotyping there.

Keep breathing in that terrible air, drinking that awful water and living in a State whose economy is trash.

Also have fun living in a state with one of the highest gang population in the US.

Hell fucking yes. The narration got me straight away. Similar to that game I forgot the name of with "the kid" being narrated by that cool-ass motherfucker...

Bastion, also an amazing game. The one part I remember (well two I guess) that really stood out for me in AW is that I went in with very little knowledge of the story, so the first time you
get the "fake" call from Alice, I couldn't believe that she was "alive" as I thought the game revolved around getting her out of the dark place. It was a nice little twist in there for people who were expecting the rescue from the dark place (and it still was because it ended up being a fake call) but it made you think as if they had thrown a curve ball in you didn't realize.
. And the second would have to be the Lady of the Lake song. I listened to it before I played the game and liked it but never payed attention to the words
When it popped up at the end of chapter 4 and I finally realized it, I couldn't believe how well it tied everything together, and I had been listening to it before without realizing it
. Oh and chapter 4 and 5 were just out of this world in terms of game-play variety and story moments.

Alan Wake would have been Game of the Generation if the gameplay was a little more varied.

Wish they could have pulled off the open world concept they originally planned. I would have loved Alan Wake meets Deadly Premonition.

I actually thought the more linear path helped the game, it really kept the story going and the episode structure worked out extremely well.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My favourite hockey team is based in California, my favourite UFC fighter is nicknamed "The California Kid", I'm a tremendously huge douchebag and I love weed.

How am I not absolutely California already?

*plays 'Goldfinger - Superman' on an accordion*

X-2 is not better than X-1. OPINIONS AND ALL THAT.

What's stoppin' ya?

Winter

Brah but your trucks don't touch nothin on a darkslide

Exactly brah

Acid08

Banned
Great stereotyping there.

Keep breathing in that terrible air, drinking that awful water and living in a State whose economy is trash.

Also have fun living in a state with one of the highest gang population in the US.
Wow you have a lot of ammo to throw at (Southern)Cali, you guys must spend a lot of time talking about them at your rallies.

kingslunk

Screen_shot_2014-02-12_at_6_00_07_PM.png

Not a big tattoo guy but man this is badass.

Bastion, also an amazing game. The one part I remember (well two I guess) that really stood out for me in AW is that I went in with very little knowledge of the story, so the first time you
get the "fake" call from Alice, I couldn't believe that she was "alive" as I thought the game revolved around getting her out of the dark place. It was a nice little twist in there for people who were expecting the rescue from the dark place (and it still was because it ended up being a fake call) but it made you think as if they had thrown a curve ball in you didn't realize.
. And the second would have to be the Lady of the Lake song. I listened to it before I played the game and liked it but never payed attention to the words
When it popped up at the end of chapter 4 and I finally realized it, I couldn't believe how well it tied everything together, and I had been listening to it before without realizing it
. Oh and chapter 4 and 5 were just out of this world in terms of game-play variety and story moments.

Bastion, thanks! That's it! I kept thinking "what name is like Braid... augh"...

Those are amazing experiences. I love the feeling of helplessness throughout the whole game. The running sense of urgency and the sense of isolation you feel throughout it. Then as soon as you encounter someone potentially an ally,
shit usually goes down and they became one of the dark
. Then
Barry and Thomas come along and you start to feel more powerful, and as soon as you do a big fucking bulldozer comes after you
. The scenery, the hauntings, the radio personality and the Night Springs episodes... It just had so much soul and personality to it.

Oh yeah... that thing.

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SNOWBOARD EVERYWHERE THEN?

Wow you have a lot of ammo to throw at (Southern)Cali, you guys must spend a lot of time talking about them at your rallies.

kingslunk hates gangs because they mainly contain those 'coloured' people.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You know what was a great game?

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3. I refuse to believe there was a better Tony Hawks game than 3.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I always thought 2 was a better game, just because of when it was released. But 3 is pretty top fucking tier too.

I spent so much time on that game.

And then after COUNTLESS hours I realized there was an entire goddamn pirate ship hidden in the indoor level, I felt like an idiot for not finding it sooner. SO many hidden/hard-to-reach passages though. So much fun.

Acid08

Banned
You know what was a great game?

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3. I refuse to believe there was a better Tony Hawks game than 3.
1, 2, 3, and THUG were incredible. Some of my favorite games ever. THUG especially because I used to play it online a bunch with one of my friends. The online in that game was so weird.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There will probably be an influx of posters coming in here from the Olympic thread, and it's quite possibly the worst* time to ever come in here.

*Best.

Heretic

Since we are on the topic of gaming and older xbox games, another awesome and usually overlooked game on original Xbox is this bad boy right here:

Conflict%20Desert%20Storm%20II%20%28XBox%29.jpg

This was probably the best 4 player split-screen co-op action you could play at the time and what I still consider the best to this day. What a game. I remember playing this non-stop with 4 people on one couch, shouting order back on how to take out this tank or get around a situation. Game was amazing!
LOVED this game.

:lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I miss WW2 games, :lol. I really liked the Brothers in Arms series. There was also hex based game the Saturn called Iron Storm that I loved.

Montresor

Let me predict some gaming side threads for 2014.

June 2014: Murder Soul Suspect confirmed 1080p 30fps on PS4, 900p 30fps on XB1. 50-page thread.

October 2014: Quantum Break confirmed 900p 30fps. "Imagine what it would be like on PS4... =(" 50-page thread.

December 2014: Forza Horizon 2 confirmed 1080p 60fps. "But at what cost???" 50-page thread.

I always feel bad for places that never get snow and suddenly have a fuck ton. They don't have the services in place to deal with it and usually no experience in dealing with it anyway. Not really sure how the fuck that turned into cars being on fire over there, that's just funny shit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't associate the two ever again. Foo Fighters suck. Well mostly, they got a few decent songs here and there.
This is my hidden unpopular opinion, I'm glad someone else finally put it out there.

They have yet to see true after hours.
The rest of Gaf isn't ready for true After Hours.

No kidding:

Raleigh, NC.

Cars burning in the snow always make me laugh for some reason. It's like... "snow omg -explodes-"
I never truly believed my dad when he said how hysterical it got down there when it snowed just a little. Now I do.

Socreges

Banned
I have to drive the Coquihalla on Friday morning and it's been fucking DUMPED ON the last few days, with more to come tomorrow. Probably a full metre of fresh snow by the time we hit the highway and I'll be on it for about 200km. Fuck me.

Any Vancouverites familiar with Route 3? Are the conditions normally not as extreme?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I had no idea Path of Exile was so awesome.
Oh yeah it's better than 'other' games of the genre.

If you're starting out now, a mini expansion is coming out Mar 11.

And don't put too many points into elemental resists, use your gear, gems, and rings to get it to max level

No kidding:

http://i.imgur.com/s3hhYjT.jpg[img]

Raleigh, NC.

Cars burning in the snow always make me laugh for some reason. It's like... "snow omg -explodes-"[/QUOTE]

If the south got the snow we had this year (with more on the way which could break records for snowfall in total) everyone would probably be dead. It has been a very long time since we have had this bad of a winter.

Edit:

[quote][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1szVXPY.png

So going by this, I live pretty dang close to Toledo and work close to Detroit. So we made the top 10 list for snow this year, yay!!!

Oh yeah it's better than 'other' games of the genre.

If you're starting out now, a mini expansion is coming out Mar 11.

And don't put too many points into elemental resists, use your gear, gems, and rings to get it to max level

I made a Witch, nearly done with Act 1. Put points in minions and elemental damage so far.

Top Bottom