• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Love the Canadian idiots who report on the team! Team has lost money, not a surprise. SSE as a whole makes a profit , from the recent Co audit about 15-20 million a year net. They won't report that part lol!

"I just got here," Cifu said. "We didn't come with the intent to relocate this franchise ... Vinnie and I bought this team to win the Stanley Cup. We are here to win in South Florida and we're here to stay."

This is about an additional 10 acres in land around arena and getting a bigger cut of the tourism tax that the arena and SSE generate as part of the lease agreement. You won't see any actual reporting from the dumasses up north to cover that either.

Edit: Hubey is fine off season hip surgery took his conditioning away this season. He'll be back.

Edit 2: Even the Sun article linked coves what I just said. These dumbfucks can't even read it:

"The arena operations — concerts and shows on the 321 nights the Panthers aren't playing — have netted the Panthers $127.5 million in profits over the 16 years in which the building has been open, county officials said. Last year, for example, the arena netted $9 million, the county auditor said."

So basically, the Panthers are fine for all the reasons the Blues are not, thanks to shitty prior ownership selling away the rights to non-hockey-ticket money generating ventures (concessions, parking, concerts, etc.) for short term cash.

You don't have it so bad. My buddy was riding Pekka Rinne and Josh Harding as his #1 and #2. With Gaborik and Stamkos as two of his big forwards. Look where that got him :lol

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Harding did not play again this year, and even though there is a full summer of recovery/adjustment ahead of him we cannot expect him to come back at the same level of play, IMO.

Miller is out of the question, I think, unless he hits free agency and wants to join Team Minnesota for like $4-5m a year, which is entirely unrealistic.

St Louis will probably end up with him and I'll hate playing against you guys even more haha.

EDIT: Ooh Tavares out for the season. Rough.

There's a LOT of teams that would go after him in FA for sure, and that's why spending anything significant on him now makes so little sense for just about every team but St. Louis. Rumors that he wants to go to a California team for his wife's sake (actress), etc. make me very wary of moving anything significant as well.

Plain and simple: most teams will wait for FA rather than give up a first rounder for first chair at his next contract.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bg7SzLICMAE-YoD.jpg

This should be our banner.

Who would play defense then?

Could pull up Alt, or try out Lauridsen again. They could probably hold their own as the 6th D (only saying Lauridsen because his style might mesh replacing LSchenn with Gus.)

I'm pretty happy with the Gus/Luke tandem, though, so I wouldn't want to throw him away to pull Vanek in. Vanek's going to bolt west at the end of the season anyway.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Derek Dorsett is back in practice for the Rangers today in a non-contact jersey. With how good the 4th line has been since Carcillo arrived, Dorsett can keep sitting for all I care.

Zuccarello arrives back in NYC today. Rangers docs will take a look at him and figure out whether he'll be good to go for next week.

Check forecast yesterday and saw we are actually getting rain and thunderstorms... Looks outside and we have a half inch of new wet snow and it is continuously coming down. :/

This is your prediction of what could possibly go wrong and not what you'd want, I hope?

I can see Gillis making that kind of trade. It gives the Canucks a top-six winger (probably need some assurance that he'd re-sign with the team) and the Islanders get a young goalie with good upside.

I'd want the Canucks to rebuild in the offseason, not at the deadline. The deadline is for rentals and desperation trades.

When I see Dubbed's posts about the awful state of the Panthers I remember why he's the 1 NHL gaffer I have on 'ignore'.

TUSR, I've had several friends graduate from UVIC's engineering program and only speak positively about it. What happened?

edit: Is Vanek's trade value going to take a hit as a result of his part in Austria's Olympic scandal?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
When I see Dubbed's posts about the awful state of the Panthers I remember why he's the 1 NHL gaffer I have on 'ignore'.

TUSR, I've had several friends graduate from UVIC's engineering program and only speak positively about it. What happened?

edit: Is Vanek's trade value going to take a hit as a result of his part in Austria's Olympic scandal?

Hu? Austria's Olympic Scandal? And what part? First time hearing this.

TUSR

Banned
Well which one is it? That's quite an important distinction. :p

Not sure quite yet, im in contact with about 8 people right now regarding both.

I transferred in from a Tech program and its been endless miscommunication from admissions and such. There has been so many problems with UVic's end of things, and ive gotten to the point where im depressed.

One of the most frustrating things right now is for a design project, we can barely get access to a shop to do work and use real lathes and mills for fabrication. They cut out all the good labs too. I just feel like my education is taking a serious hit.

I'll still be here, probably because I don't really have any interest in the Olympics and just can't seem to care about the tournament. I just care about my Wings and our injured captain. :(

Though if USA wins I'll throw up a flying eagle or something.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I look forward to all of us being banned tommorrow.

It was an honour salting it up with you guys. I'll be sitting in class watching it with probably 90% of the people in attendance on my ipad and will be posting.

As long as someone from Canucks-GAF survives, all is well.

Edit: as long as that someone isn't Tabris of course.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't have my storage of gifs at the ready here, so my salt will be limited tomorrow. Probably for the best.

Heretic

Now I wish the game was at 4:30 a.m. so I can wake up to the results instead of being a nervous the whole time.

Should be a fun game though. I'd love for the US to take Gold but there's a Ducks player in the remaining teams so my tears won't be as salty.

Top Bottom