• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Curufinwe

Now I wish the game was at 4:30 a.m. so I can wake up to the results instead of being a nervous the whole time.

Should be a fun game though. I'd love for the US to take Gold but there's a Ducks player in the remaining teams so my tears won't be as salty.

I tried to do that with the last rugby World Cup final, but when I woke up a 6:30am the game was 8-7 with 20 minutes still left. So I took the dog for a 25 minute walk. Thankfully when I got back we had held on to the lead.

Acid08

Banned
Now I wish the game was at 4:30 a.m. so I can wake up to the results instead of being a nervous the whole time.

Should be a fun game though. I'd love for the US to take Gold but there's a Ducks player in the remaining teams so my tears won't be as salty.
Same, kinda. Really excited to watch but it'll be too intense. Really want the US to win the game because, well, it's always really fun to see an upset pulled off(if you're not cheering for the team being upset). Plus I want Pavs to get a gold, he's so fucking great.

If Canada wins it'll suck but like you said, there are still two Sharks on that team so it'll be pretty cool if they can get a gold too. Two gold medals for Marleau would be sick.

Really just can't wait for the NHL to be back. Couture, Torres, Kennedy, and Nieto are going to back for that first game. Will be the most healthy they've been all season.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It was an honour salting it up with you guys. I'll be sitting in class watching it with probably 90% of the people in attendance on my ipad and will be posting.

As long as someone from Canucks-GAF survives, all is well.

Edit: as long as that someone isn't Tabris of course.

What if it's Ta...

GODDAMN IT, SMELLY! :mad:

Quick

Banned
Don Cherry is really going to flip his shit when visors get mandated for coaches and management.

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU KNOW I HOW I LIKE MY TOAST (CANADIAN) AND MY COFFEE (DOUBLE DOUBLE). BUT D'YA KNOW WHAT MY FAVOURITE TYPE OF VODKA IS? NONE! 'CAUSE I AIN'T A COMMIE, EH.

ANYHOW, HEARD THE NEWS 'BOUT DAVEY POILLE AN' LOSIN' HIS VISION IN HIS EYE, AN' I'M ALREADY STEAMED AT WHAT THIS IS GONNA MEAN IN THE FUTURE, EH: MANAGEMENT WEARIN' VISORS!

YOU SISSY EUROS ALREADY GOT THEM ON THE PLAYERS, AN' NOW YOU WANT 'EM ON MANAGEMENT? DISGUSTIN'! IT AIN'T HAPPENED YET AN' I'M ALREADY SET TO FIGHT 'BOUT IT, EH.

YOU ASK DAVEY WHETHER HE'D PREFER TO WEAR A VISOR INSTEAD OF LOSIN' HIS VISION AN' I'LL BET YOU HE'D SAY LOSIN' HIS VISION, EH. WE CANADIANS AIN'T AFRAID OF NO EYE INJURY. WE STARE AT EYE INJURIES IN THE FACE IF IT HAD ONE, EH. WHAT? HE'S AMERICAN? WELL, HIS FAULT HE AIN'T CANADIAN!

LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN I SAW A EUROPEAN WALK IN THE BATHROOM. HE KEPT THE DOOR OPEN 'CAUSE THAT'S WHAT EUROS DO, EH. ANYHOW, HE'S IN THERE AN' POKES HIS EYE AN' IMMEDIATELY CALLS A DOCTOR TO GET IT CHECKED. DOCTOR TELLS HIM HIS EYE'LL BE FINE AN' HE SHOULD WEAR A VISOR EVERYDAY TO PROTECT HIM, EH. I WAS STEAMED, LET ME TELL YOU. THEN I SAW MANNY MALHOTRA WALK IN AN' ENTER THE STALL. HE LEFT THE DOOR OPEN 'CAUSE HE AIN'T ASHAMED 'CAUSE HE'S CANADIAN, EH. AN' HE SAT THERE AN' POKED HIS EYE. HE JUST LOOKED STRAIGHT AT ME AN' SANG "O CANADA", FIGHTIN' OFF THE EURO DOCTOR, EH. I WAS SO PROUD, HE REMINDED ME OF BOBBY ORR, GOD LOVE 'EM.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Everyone is a Dustin Brown fan tomorrow. No matter what he's done in the past.

Guys. I'm mega hyped for tomorrow. I just want to see Canadian tears.

Hell no.

If Brown injures someone, a mod better proactively ban me or the Queens/Brown-table will he flipped hard.

Damn Polie :(

Wow, that's super shitty. That sucks

I'm super stoked for tomorrows game, but I'm going to have to go till about 8p central to watch it. It better be on demand for Comcast, and I better not get it spoiled for me before I get a chance to watch it. I'm nervous.

I am sad that I'm going to miss out on one of the largest saltmines in recent history

lZPMEsJ.gif
l5SDwQ9.gif
lZPMEsJ.gif

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
You need to confirm all of our trade requests involving our garbage for your best players.

I laughed then shed a single tear.

To those asking for Strome and/or Grabner, dream on. Grabner was given a nice extension by Snow after his big season, I doubt they have any intentions to move him. Asking from Strome is just silly, at least let him come up to the NHL and stink before you try to take him and make him good.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Can NHL-Gaf have immunity just for tomorrow? I fear it's going to get ugly...

Dude.

My boss is in town from Finland and she's been talking non-stop smack since stepping off the plane. If the stars align and it's a CAN/FIN gold-medal final...I may be looking for work after the weekend.

Today was fucking awesome, btw. When Canada scored, people were cheering up and down Pender. I was smiling and giving people high fives all the way back to the office. Felt like I was in a beer commercial.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dude.

My boss is in town from Finland and she's been talking non-stop smack since stepping off the plane. If the stars align and it's a CAN/FIN gold-medal final...I may be looking for work after the weekend.

So that's a yes?

TUSR

Banned
Dude.

Today was fucking awesome, btw. When Canada scored, people were cheering up and down Pender. I was smiling and giving people high fives all the way back to the office. Felt like I was in a beer commercial.

amazing.

Heretic

Dude.

You celebrated today. I will celebrate tomorrow.

Razorskin

----- ------
Will end up watching the game at a later time, I just hope I can avoid a minefield of students talking about it.

And Kessel, you absolutely suck

Dude.

So Bish might get Bish'd in real life? Do we even have a gif for that?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Will end up watching the game at a later time, I just hope I can avoid a minefield of students talking about it.

And Kessel, you absolutely suck

Literally the only way you won't be spoiled is turning off your phone, not looking on a single computer and listen to music until you get home.

So your odds are very low.

With Tanguay out my expectations for the remainder of the season have gone down some. Worst thing we could do is trade something to try and fill the gap, we need defense before that happens.

yyzjohn

Banned
Literally the only way you won't be spoiled is turning off your phone, not looking on a single computer and listen to music until you get home.

So your odds are very low.

Yeah really, how can you possibly expect to go home and not find out what happened? You're bound to see people wearing Canadian jerseys running up and down the street if Canada wins, that might be a give away as to the result.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
What channel is this game on in the states?

The thing that sucks about dish is that even though I'm in Detroit and get CBC over the air, it's not in my channel lineup.

Top Bottom