• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
from @TSNResearch: Price @ 2007 World Juniors: 6-0-0, 2 SO, 1.14 GAA .961 sv %.
Price @ 2014 OLY: 4-0-0, 1 SO, 0.74 GAA .963 sv%.
Can't handle the pressure indeed

kassatsu

Banned
I just hope at this point all the Pens players still around make it back uninjured. At least Crosby did dick all against the US.

Jamie Benn

You sexy mother fucker. I wore my Benn shirt today. Yeah I was cheering on USA but great to see Benn do well so I'm okay with that.

o50dSCZ.png

I'm alright with you guys winning gold as long as it brings the same cup winner as last time.

Dunno whether to root for Sweden or Canada. Each has three hawks. But Kruger is on the Swedish side, so I'll probably pull for Toews, Keith and Sharpie.

Your guys' D was something to watch today. Completely suffocating.

On that note, saw this too.

6fXdfkp.jpg

So someone apparently broke into my account for Extra Life (randomized password, not reused anywhere) to steal my.. Extra Life account? wat

Watch your other accounts. Might be looking for other emails you have on file on that one.

I had some kid hit my gmail, old GFAQs account I haven't touched in a year, another gmail and then my hotmail.

All to get my Xbox Live account because he didn't like how I killed him in a CoD game.

Reset the hotmail 5 times before I turned on two step verification and stopped it.

Then resorted to posting my GT on modding sites offering stuff so I'd get flooded with messages and FRs on Live.

It's odd to me for two reasons, the first one that I use random passwords for everything. The second that it's fucking extra life. Tryin' to raise money for kids, why's the world gotta be so shitty?

RC

Banned
Is it a bad idea to meet up with someone you chatted with on tinder for an hour at 5am at Denny's? Probably, but I do like pancakes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is it a bad idea to meet up with someone you chatted with on tinder for an hour at 5am at Denny's? Probably, but I do like pancakes.
Sounds like the beginning of a Tarantino movie where you end up blindfolded and tied up in a basement 12 hours from now. What could go wrong?

Heretic

It's odd to me for two reasons, the first one that I use random passwords for everything. The second that it's fucking extra life. Tryin' to raise money for kids, why's the world gotta be so shitty?

Ha! I thought Extra Life was like a 'Second Life' variant

bill0527

Hey GAF, help me pick a NHL team to root for. I am new hockey fan. We have an ECHL team where I live in southern Indiana and I started going to the games this year and fell in love with the game. Can't get enough of it. The problem is, I can't figure out a NHL team to root for. I'm starting to identify a lot of the players on different teams and I don't really have a favorite. I'm starting to understand the game a lot better after going to about 12 games and watching a ton of NHL on DirecTV, and playing NHL 14 on PS3.

The closest NHL teams to me would be the St. Louis Blues who are 3 hours away, or the Nashville Predators about 2 1/2 hours away. Our ECHL team is a feeder for the Columbus Blue Jackets, but I honestly can't ever see myself going to Ohio for anything. From what I can tell, they are a pretty sorry franchise anyway. I do travel to St. Louis and Nashville a couple of times a year. I'm leaning towards Nashville because its a little bit closer and I've been to Bridgestone arena many times for various events.

calder

Hey GAF, help me pick a NHL team to root for. I am new hockey fan. We have an ECHL team where I live in southern Indiana and I started going to the games this year and fell in love with the game. Can't get enough of it. The problem is, I can't figure out a NHL team to root for. I'm starting to identify a lot of the players on different teams and I don't really have a favorite. I'm starting to understand the game a lot better after going to about 12 games and watching a ton of NHL on DirecTV, and playing NHL 14 on PS3.

The closest NHL teams to me would be the St. Louis Blues who are 3 hours away, or the Nashville Predators about 2 1/2 hours away. Our ECHL team is a feeder for the Columbus Blue Jackets, but I honestly can't ever see myself going to Ohio for anything. From what I can tell, they are a pretty sorry franchise anyway. I do travel to St. Louis and Nashville a couple of times a year. I'm leaning towards Nashville because its a little bit closer and I've been to Bridgestone arena many times for various events.

Hmm. You have a couple of pretty good options honestly. Nothing overly bandwagon-ish so that's nice. I would also avoid the Blue Jackets based on the quality of the franchise as a whole, which is a pity because the ECHL connection would be a nice bonus for you as a fan.

But really you're basically a free agent. Don't be afraid to explore your options a bit and wait to see which team has players or fans you like more. The Blues are a pretty elite team, so keep that in mind if team success in the near future is important to you. But Nashville has a really good local fanbase it seems.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

St. Louis would be the better up and coming team. Nashville has a good defense but that's about it. Don't expect success

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'd advise just start watching the teams right now, get an idea of each team see if there's things you like and despite how shitty the team is if you like em go with em.

Also ask tons of questions in here, guys here are salty as fuck but are always willing to help if it's needed.

Top Bottom