• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

I'd consider it, but Washington would have to throw in Backstrom. Ovie is 50% of a goalscorer without him.

In related news, I just remember Weiss is a thing. Gonna be great when he comes back! - said no one ever.

I hope that's sarcasm :lol

Think St-Louis would be the best fit for Ovi.

He's exactly the gamebreaker on offense that they need and Hitchcock would keep him humble by benching him until he learned how to play relentless defense.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Fucking refs should call delay of game on this shit.

cube444

Serious question. Eller has now gone 14 straight games without a point and is a -10 over that span.

At what point does a coach or GM tell him to take a break and watch the game from the press box?

calder

Man, Montoya is so awesome. lol

Lucky but hard working road win? I'll take it.

mo_ohyeah4yudw.jpg

Drink up Jets fans, Jets win!

Ovi would demand a trade the second he was benched. He's a fucking diva.

He's been benched here before.

Never asked for a trade.

He didn't like Hunter because there was no communication between him and the players.

But he didn't complain even tough he was getting benched every time they got a lead.

He's been benched here before.

Never asked for a trade.

He didn't like Hunter because there was no communication between him and the players.

But he didn't complain even tough he was getting benched every time they got a lead.

Being benched inside of a game =/= being a healthy scratch. Which is what I thought you meant.

Erdrick

Nice redemption for the piss-poor play last time when Montreal was here. I love how this team seems so rejuvenated since the coaching change. Bring on the Canes on Tuesday. Hope they can keep this up for this road trip leading to the break.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kid's built up a reputation.

Wilson's getting hit with phantom penalties for good hits now too.
For what? He's not a dirty player, he sits in the crease and that's it. The amount of times he gets mugged per game with no call is ridiculous.

Acid08

Banned
For what? He's not a dirty player, he sits in the crease and that's it. The amount of times he gets mugged per game with no call is ridiculous.
Happens to tons of players who make their livings in the crease. That's an area where it seems like almost nothing but goalie interference is called.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Happens to tons of players who make their livings in the crease. That's an area where it seems like almost nothing but goalie interference is called.
It's not just in the crease though, he gets tossed around all over the ice. I get it that some calls aren't made because he's so small, but there's a lot of blatant interference on him that's constantly let go. Then again, refs have been letting interference go pretty badly for a while now throughout the whole league.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
my four fantasy players today got an impressive 7 minor penalties. Thanks BGally.

Too bad the PIM standings have been so set in stone for a while that there's absolutely no moving up or down.

EDIT: Who's Silicon Valley Sharts? Because wow you've basically already used up ALL your games played for the season oO You only have 10 Center-games left oO

Acid08

Banned
my four fantasy players today got an impressive 7 minor penalties. Thanks BGally.

Too bad the PIM standings have been so set in stone for a while that there's absolutely no moving up or down.

EDIT: Who's Silicon Valley Sharts? Because wow you've basically already used up ALL your games played for the season oO You only have 10 Center-games left oO
That's me and I have no idea what you're talking about.

cube444

lol I love it

He has 3 goals in his last 36 games and 5 in his last 51 games. I know goals aren't everything but he's bringing very little to the table, especially in his last 14 games.

Habs fans love to blame EVERYTHING on Therrien and at first they used to blame Eller's line mates but at least Therrien has been patient with him.

I have over 20 gigs of Eller's games from this season on my PVR and feel it's time he watches from the press box.

Smiley90

That's me and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Maximum Games
Pos Played Remaining Projected Max
C 154 10 206 (+42) 164
LW 139 25 191 (+27) 164
RW 127 37 179 (+15) 164
D 234 94 339 (+11) 328

You're WAY above the projected path. You can only have x amount of games played a season and you;ve nearly exhausted them all already. (See th projected value in brackets). Once you've played the max amount of games you can't play anyone at that position anymore. So you'll have soon reached your maximum points for all forwards. Which means you'll drop like a rock in the standings afterwards. You suck at Oregon Trail, basically. Should've rationed your players better instead of playing everyone all the time.

Compare to e.g. me:

Maximum Games
C 111 53 163 (-1) 164
LW 109 55 161 (-3) 164
RW 115 49 167 (+3) 164
D 225 103 330 (+2) 328

I have about.. I don't know, 80 games or so more available to play and to get points in than you.

Acid08

Banned
Maximum Games
C 154 10 206 (+42) 164
LW 139 25 191 (+27) 164
RW 127 37 179 (+15) 164
D 234 94 339 (+11) 328

You're WAY above the projected path. You can only have x amount of games played a season and you;ve nearly exhausted them all already. (See th projected value in brackets). Once you've played the max amount of games you can't play anyone at that position anymore. So you'll have soon reached your maximum points for all forwards. Which means you'll drop like a rock in the standings afterwards. You suck at Oregon Trail, basically. Should've rationed your players better instead of playing everyone all the time.

Compare to e.g. me:

Maximum Games
C 111 53 163 (-1) 164
LW 109 55 161 (-3) 164
RW 115 49 167 (+3) 164
D 225 103 330 (+2) 328

I have about.. I don't know, 80 games or so more available to play and to get points in than you.
I had no idea this was even a thing tbh.

Smiley90

I had no idea this was even a thing tbh.

It is and the TL;DR is you're fucked. It's meant so you can't just play everyone all the time but play your best players against the weakest opposition.

Smiley90

Holy shit, FOX pushing their Republican agenda BEFORE THE SUPERBOWL with an interview of Bill O'Reilly and Obama.

RIGHT BEFORE THE SUPERBOWL

Jesus Christ, I thought FOX News couldn't sink any lower but this is pathetic.

Smiley90

They know it's the one day a year where not only idiots are watching FOX and they're trying to brutally abuse this for their partisan bullshit interview. God this is so fucking pathetic.

Acid08

Banned
NBC would do the same shit if they had the opportunity. Welcome to American media where everyone is filled with bullshit and the parties don't matter.
The 24 hour news cycle is horrible. They have to fill up so much time with total garbage.

Acid08

Banned
Kyle MacLachlan is at the Superb Owl cheering for the Seahawks so I guess I'm cheering for them now too. Damn fine football team.

FOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Are the Seahawks uniforms supposed to look like that

Maximum Games
C 154 10 206 (+42) 164
LW 139 25 191 (+27) 164
RW 127 37 179 (+15) 164
D 234 94 339 (+11) 328

Compare to e.g. me:

Maximum Games
C 111 53 163 (-1) 164
LW 109 55 161 (-3) 164
RW 115 49 167 (+3) 164
D 225 103 330 (+2) 328

I didn't even know this was a thing.

Such bullpoop.

C 138 26 190 (+26) 164
LW 91 73 143 (-21) 164
RW 123 41 175 (+11) 164
D 250 78 355 (+27) 328
G 85 79 137 (-27) 164

Smiley90

For anyone wondering: Hockeystreams has the Superbowl too.

Awesome. The sites that keeps on giving.

For anyone wondering: Hockeystreams has the Superbowl too.

Awesome. The sites that keeps on giving.

I'm seriously considering going full HS next year. Biggest reason for staying with Center Ice is DVR. Too many East Coast games I can't get home for in time.

Smiley90

I'm seriously considering going full HS next year. Biggest reason for staying with Center Ice is DVR. Too many East Coast games I can't get home for in time.

you do realize that hockeystreams also has DVR, right. And they put the full games up like 5 minutes after the games are over. So you can either tune in halfway through or watch them right after they're over.

you do realize that hockeystreams also has DVR, right. And they put the full games up like 5 minutes after the games are over. So you can either tune in halfway through or watch them right after they're over.

I'd like to give it it's day in court, but I need to work on a HTPC first.

Sanjuro

Can't believe it never dawned on me, but the NHL should really have their own Super Bowl.

I'm going to start writing the letter to Gary.

Top Bottom