• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Acid08

Banned
Can't tell if troll or not :(

And I know Alaska wasn't included on the map but I'd say were split four ways. 25% each Sharks (no idea why) Stars (Texas transplants, move back to Texas you fucks) Avs (well, I know other Avs fans in the state so I'll call us 25%) and Edmonton (local ECHL radio caller went to Edmonton from Anchorage)
BAY AREA WE OUT HERE

Erdrick

... do you live in Phoenix? Or in Winnipeg and you're talking "former Jets"? that's weird.

Live in Winnipeg, and yeah, I know a few that like the Coyotes still. Esp. since Shane Doan is the last remnant on the team from when they were here. Khabibulin is pretty much done, and Selanne is finished this year, so they are the final active players from our old team. When the Bruins were in town early in the preseason, I met them all and man, when I found out that Bob Essensa was their goalie coach, I was like forget Chara and Cam Neely, let me see Essensa. lol (He was such a great goalie for us back in the early 90's.)

I personally gave up on the team when they left (And the NHL for many years) but have since rekindled my love for the NHL and the current Jets. It's easy to like them since most of the team is pretty personable. Any players I may not have liked too much, have since left. (Antropov, Hainsey for example.)

Anyway, that map should be updated.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Try this for an updated map:

AukoW2fCMAEQnJo.jpg

Devils and Isles are nowhere to be found, the way it should be. :lol (okay the Devils' spot is tiny and the Isles really only have Manhattan.)

Erdrick

That's a little more up to date, yes. Of course, there are the teams that have fans all over like the original 6 and whatnot, but I prefer that map to the first one posted.

Smiley90

Linking the second part to that image in the fake February thread.

Using a quote from that image with it linked to it

Etc

wait, what image? I didn't post any images...

or oh god you mean the fanfic?

Smelly's tag has nothing to do with racism or being a filthy Euro? I'm disappointed.

I'm still in disbelief that my tag relates to my NHL-GAF nickname through TOTAL coincidence.

Smiley90

It's the Super Bowl, so there was no helping it, but yeah....

Also Phillip Seymour Hoffman. :( Could have given us 50 more roles with his brilliance, but nope.

Has the rumour with him being found with a needle sticking out of his arm been proven true or false? sad either way :/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Has Sedin come back from injury yet? Would be a big blow to Sweden without both going.

And the Canucks have had our number for ages; this streak is not sustainable and if there is any game where we'll blow a tire, it's the Canucks game.

pringles

Franzen's replacement will be announced today. I swear, if Mårts doesn't go with Nyquist after that game yesterday...

This should be our 2nd line, the beautiful bearded god of a man Zetterberg, Nyquist and Backstrom:
nytrick_medium.gif

Also from yesterday:

vS9bvah.gif

Has Sedin come back from injury yet? Would be a big blow to Sweden without both going.
The way Daniel is playing I'm not sure I want him on the team if Henrik can't go.

Samyy

McKegg supposedly makes a mistake and is sent down in favour of Jared fucking Smithson

Dat development

OH GOD
MCLAREN - SMITHSON - ORR DEAR LORD RANDY WILL GIVE THEM A D-ZONE START I JUST KNOW IT

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Try this for an updated map:

AukoW2fCMAEQnJo.jpg

Devils and Isles are nowhere to be found, the way it should be. :lol (okay the Devils' spot is tiny and the Isles really only have Manhattan.)

That's Long Island, not Manhattan. Devils' region is still too big and too far north, Devils should probably have like a tiny slice of central Jersey, really. Northern NJ is primarily Rangers territory.

Penguins lifelongs should probably just be filling in all the vast regions between obvious team allegiances.

CALLY WATCH:

Only one team that was given permission to speak to Callahan's agent has actually done so thus far (and it was not the Blue Jackets). The Sabres have no interest in being involved with a trade/deal for Callahan now, but they apparently do intend to sign him for his current contract demands and make him captain.

Samyy

I don't know, I thought maybe playing with one of the best centres in the league could have swayed him but it is the Isles so....

Maybe Tavares will become frustrated with the franchise and come home to Toronto <3

Top Bottom