• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

jaybeeze

A RW with some size. Don't really know anything about him. Canucks GAF?

He's a plug, but he's fast and he fights. He's got some semi-decent hands as he has scored some nice goals in the past but don't expect much.

Edit: Canucks also call up Sauve? Is something big going to happen?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This bascially confirms Bergevin would rather change the team to fit Therrien's dump and chase system than build a quick, puck possession team.

Cherry is going to love this trade.

Solo

We are totally going to miss the playoffs aren't we?

Even if we don't, we're pure first round fodder this year. No secondary scoring, porous D, awful "system", and even our old bread and butter, the PP, has gone stagnant. Only way we win a series is if Price pulls a Halak and/or someone has a Cammy 2010 scoring run.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Can't be worth much if he isn't even playing...

We are totally going to miss the playoffs aren't we?

Yeah I know, they killed his value.

Montreal will stick around a playoff spot too long, and then won't be able to trade any of their UFA's before the deadline. They'll end up with a bad draft pick, and Murray will be re-signed.

Congrats on getting an effective puck mover for essentially nothing Vancouver. I wonder how the West will be on him though, he's really soft.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I know, they killed his value.

Montreal will stick around a playoff spot too long, and then won't be able to trade any of their UFA's before the deadline. They'll end up with a bad draft pick, and Murray will be re-signed.

And if we do make it, I bet Therrien won't be going anywhere.

edit: is he at least an upgrade over Moen?

Solo

Habs could steal a game or two against Boston if they played, just because thats how Habs/Bs series' go, but Boston would win the series. Pittsburgh, Tampa, etc. would all destroy Montreal.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
And if we do make it, I bet Therrien won't be going anywhere.

edit: is he at least an upgrade over Moen?

Apparently Weise wasn't gritty enough for Torts, oh boy.

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff · Jan 26
#Canucks Dale Weise only #NHL player with double-digit points (12) averaging single-digit ice time (7:53)

FLEECED

Solo

Flames are into Montreal tomorrow. I think this is like the third time they've been in since the Cammy trade, but eacxh previous time Cammy has been conveniently sick or injured. Curious to see if he plays tomorrow, and if he does, if anyone takes a run at him.

Socreges

Banned
Weise can be decent with the right linemates. Shows flashes of skill every tenth game and is another guy that can protect the smurfs.

He's not a player you'd miss, but I didn't want him traded either.

Diaz... I kknow he occasionally gets some love from Habs fans here. Doesn't seem to be all that frustrating. So I guess he's an upgrade over Weber.

This is definitely leading to something big. We have too many dmen right now. I just hope we're getting back youth or picks in return.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smelly is elated.

Nucks could pair up Weber and Diaz. LOL.

WOOOOO SWITZERLAND'S TEAM

Zero scoring depth and we get a defenceman? This either means that someone is hurt worse than we thought, or we're going to trade another one (yes Edler, no Tanev).

Weise is a fourth liner, but he's big and has some offensive upside.

Seconding all these Weise assessements here. I like him, he's a decent 4th liner who doesn't make many mistakes and has some offensive upside. Also he's the Dutch Wayne Gretzke and you better call him that from now on.

We have WAY too many Dmen so I really hope that means an Edler trade is incoming. If Tanev gets traded I'll be very upset.

hahahaha holy shit a d. brown thread title?

oh he's going to be so bad in the olympics :(

You're welcome for the thread title bud. ;)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really figured Diaz would have been packaged with a guy like Gorges and a pick for a roster player. Beaulieu definitely made him expendable, and Murray will play for the rest of the year, Therrien has a huge hard on for the guy. Having a legit 4th liner that can score the odd time is better then Parros / Briere / Bournival. A 4th line of White / Weise / Moen / Prust is actually pretty legit.

Smelly is elated.
This was my first thought :lol

Diaz... I kknow he occasionally gets some love from Habs fans here. Doesn't seem to be all that frustrating. So I guess he's an upgrade over Weber.
He's definitely an upgrade over Weber, he was playing top PK minutes for us when we had a top 5 PK for a while. Can play on the PP, but can't hit the net to save his life. He's smart, but soft as butter and tiny. In a 5-6 role he's fine, but expecting him to play 20 mins won't end well.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Beregevin, stop. What are you doing? Why would you trade Diaz who has been one of our more effective defensemen in the defensive end this season, after you've killed off his trade value by playing him with a scrub like Murray and having him sit in the press box for the last three weeks? Weise is not worth Diaz. More size is not what this team needs right now. It needs a competent coach who understands how to use the players that he has and doesn't strap boat anchors around our players by trying to get them to play a system that doesn't play to their strengths. One the bright side, hopefully this means we won't have to deal with Parros being a possession black hole for the rest of the season and can actually ice a somewhat competent fourth line that plays more than 3 minutes a game.

Fuck Therrien for not knowing how to coach and ruining the trade value of one of our more effective defenders and fuck Bergevin for going along with this shit.

#FireEveryone

Socreges

Banned
Bieska out for season
5 games.

Beregevin, stop. What are you doing? Why would you trade Diaz who has been one of our more effective defensemen in the defensive end this season, after you've killed off his trade value by playing him with a scrub like Murray and having him sit in the press box for the last three weeks? Weise is not worth Diaz. More size is not what this team needs right now. It needs a competent coach who understands how to use the players that he has and doesn't strap boat anchors around our players by trying to get them to play a system that doesn't play to their strengths. One the bright side, hopefully this means we won't have to deal with Parros being a possession black hole for the rest of the season and can actually ice a somewhat competent fourth line that plays more than 3 minutes a game.

Fuck Therrien for not knowing how to coach and ruining the trade value of one of our more effective defenders and fuck Bergevin for going along with this shit.

#FireEveryone
Good, gooooood

Finally an honest Habs fan.

Vman

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 28m
Told that Thomas Vanek is well aware he may be leaving $ on the table. He knows he may not get 50/7 from his teams of choice.

163.gif

Oh good, Giguere in net tonight too. Can't wait to see the Devils discover that they're one of the best offensive teams in the league just like Calgary did last month.

NHL.com said:
Steve Bartlett, Vanek's agent, told Newsday on Monday that he and Islanders general manager Garth Snow have not talked in the past several days. Bartlett said Vanek has not told the Islanders he would not sign an extension prior to hitting free agency in July.

"I understand we're getting close to the time where Garth may feel he needs to act," Bartlett is quoted as saying in the Newsday story.

So who's feeding Botta the info? Could it be Snow trying to liven up the market?

I don't know if it's possible, but Vanek would be great for Vancouver.

calder

I don't know about Vanek's motives, but as soon as I heard about the giant rats that infest Nassau I started wondering how anyone could possibly play, work or even walk through the door there. 50 mill over 7 years *might* be enough to make me change my mind, but not if a team playing in a rat-free arena offered like 40/6.

I really hate rodents, and am deathly afraid of rats.

I don't know about Vanek's motives, but as soon as I heard about the giant rats that infest Nassau I started wondering how anyone could possibly play, work or even walk through the door there. 50 mill over 7 years *might* be enough to make me change my mind, but not if a team playing in a rat-free arena offered like 40/6.

I really hate rodents, and am deathly afraid of rats.

:lolol

They're moving to Brooklyn though.

Cake Boss

Banned
Callahan for Vanek, there you go solves the problem for both teams.

Isles just whitens out Vaneks name off the contract and pencil in Callahans name in and offers it to him, Vanek gets to play guitar with Henrik and retired tennis stars.

Top Bottom