• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Marvie_3

Banned
What the fuck
2013-February-3-19-22-53.jpg

:lol What the hell?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hmmm would be pretty okay with DW offering something for him. Could make an awesome second pairing guy with Braun.
AFAIK the Sharks don't have any worthwhile prospects, and their pick will be pretty low. If he was moved, it would probably be to a team like LA for Tofolli or something like that. Legit prospect, or high 1st rounder.

Acid08

Banned
AFAIK the Sharks don't have any worthwhile prospects, and their pick will be pretty low. If he was moved, it would probably be to a team like LA for Tofolli or something like that. Legit prospect, or high 1st rounder.
We have Matt Nieto who is projected to be a good second line scoring winger. He has been holding his own on this team all year.

Also I think any trade we make is going to have to involve Havlat or Stuart to shed cap. Havlat+Nieto+1st for Markov. Don't see Montreal take that deal though. We just need a left shooting PMD.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
LA needs scoring.
Yea and they need major help on their PP. Markov is one of the best PP QB's in the entire league, and would help them in a big way. It's going to be hard to win in the playoffs without a decent PP.

We have Matt Nieto who is projected to be a good second line scoring winger. He has been holding his own on this team all year.

Also I think any trade we make is going to have to involve Havlat or Stuart to shed cap. Havlat+Nieto+1st for Markov. Don't see Montreal take that deal though. We just need a left shooting PMD.
Habs don't have much cap, and no space on the roster for another player unless they get rid of Bourque.

Well this game is boring as all get out.

Nucks fans: Corrado or whatever is name is, looks really slow and his skating stance is really weird, what gives?

You guys ever think if a franchise is ever appropriate for a "once in a generation" #1 draft pick player? Penguins and Crosby make sense. But what if McDavid is the next Crosby, does that make the Sabres the 2017 Penguins (eventually)? How weird would that look having the league solely focus their marketing on a team based in Buffalo.

Part of it makes sense considering how storied and cemented the Sabres are.

But shit, imagine if Crosby was a Duck? How utterly inappropriate would that be.

If Tavares was Crosby 2.0 then the Islanders would make a great looking headliner team. They have the history of being a dynasty, and the historic roster of players. But that (now thankfully retired) third jersey wouldn't look good in ANY historic footage.

Kings have 3 goals in their last 6 games. All scored by Kopitar. They actually won one of those games 1-0.

I wonder if they'll go for Callahan, though he's not exactly a prolific scorer.

There goes my theory that Kopitar wasn't producing lately... lol, he's the only one that is. Team Slovenia is in safe hands folks.

Millbury just called Brodeur as the greatest goalie in history. :lol

Like we needed further proof that Millburys Doughboy wasn't a complete fucking knob.

The Captain has spoken and when he speaks he speaks truths!

Thanks, brotherfriend. And if you agree with me, that's excellent. But if you or anyone else doesn't then that's even better. We need different opinions and perspectives to help ourselves grow.

I speak a lot of shit. A lot. So if someone was to ever stop me and go "Hey, you're WRONG" then that's just dandy. Invites a perspective challenge.

If LA traded Tofolli for Markov I would laugh so fucking hard.

Markov is the new Kaberle.

EXACTLY what I was going to post. The Habs and Kings PP are so radically different that it would ensure just that.

You're wrong, Dastardly. Ducks in 7.

*sits in a suede chair by a fireplace, while wearing a silk dressing gown, and puffing on a corn-cob pipe while staring at a lonely, rusty hanging adjacent plaque that reads 'Ducks in 5'*

pringles

Abdelkader?? Wooo!

And fucking Gustavsson. 100% he pulled his groin again. He just can't stay healthy.

edit: apparently Gus experienced "dizziness". Most likely due to groin pull.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Habs are taking calls on Markov

http://www.xnsports.com/2014/02/03/murphs-musings-habs-listening-to-trade-offers-on-andrei-markov/

He could fetch a pretty big return for a cup team, but that leave a massive hole on the D line.

Eh, you mentioned his poor play, but it seemed to me that when he got back from his major injury, the Habs were a much better team. I don't think Subban by himself is enough, so if they do end up trading Markov, I'll call a big collapse TABRIS-style. DSTNY!!!!!!!

pringles

What the hell, am I crazy or did the Nucks just get away with like 5 clear penalties within 30 seconds???

Also Zetterberg is so damn good. That soccer style pass after his stick broke... sweet.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Stupid Worst Coast hockey games.

One day we'll all unite under one Time Zone.

isNqDn9.jpg

I HOPE YOUR ASS IS READY ACID

Top Bottom