• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
It sucks that Stamkos won't be making it, it's a pretty big loss for Canada. That said, I don't think he should have went even if he could get a game or two in before the start of the Olympics. IMO, he should have had at least 5 games under his belt before going into the tournament.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't know if it was posted or not but aren't they saying now it's even questionable he'll be back for this NHL season.

He's being reevaluated in 2-3 weeks from now.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It sucks that Stamkos won't be making it, it's a pretty big loss for Canada. That said, I don't think he should have went even if he could get a game or two in before the start of the Olympics. IMO, he should have had at least 5 games under his belt before going into the tournament.

I agree.

Solo

Stamkos playing was a dumb risk anyways. Smart to keep him out, and St. Louis will do just as well if not better than him in lieu.

Solo

The choice is clearly between St Louis and future HOFer David Desharnais. I don't envy Yzerman's task here, not one bit.

GSG Flash

I actually would take Giroux over MSL to be honest. The guy has been tearing it up the last few weeks.

That said, it has to be MSL or Giroux. If they take Neal then there's no hope for the Team Canada brass....

Razorskin

----- ------
Today is Cherry's 80th birthday
MUMaQSz.jpg

what an ugly dog that was

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I actually would take Giroux over MSL to be honest. The guy has been tearing it up the last few weeks.

That said, it has to be MSL or Giroux. If they take Neal then there's no hope for the Team Canada brass....
Giroux only has 1 more point then MSL since the original roster announcement, and MSL is a natural winger. Seems pretty obvious to me that it should be MSL going.

GSG Flash

Giroux only has 1 more point then MSL since the original roster announcement, and MSL is a natural winger. Seems pretty obvious to me that it should be MSL going.

Good point. Though Giroux has 23 points in his last 20 vs 20 in 20 for MSL(not a huge difference).

I would be happy with either, I wanted MSL over Kunitz in the first place anyways.

Red_Man

Good point. Though Giroux has 23 points in his last 20 vs 20 in 20 for MSL(not a huge difference).

I would be happy with either, I wanted MSL over Kunitz in the first place anyways.
Agreed, I'd rather have both MSL & Giroux there then Kunitz.

Red_Man

Just posting in here in case some guys in the fantasy league don't see it, but I'm looking to move Krecji / Spezza for an offensive D-man, preferably sooner then later.

Hubris is how Tabris is made

Jumping up and down in my seat and just begging you to please please please just let us have this moment of league leading. We love our webbed feet boys. They just wanna play and laugh and have fun and be nice to each other.

We had our time being a terrible team and we haven't been this good since 2007.

When we start developing entitlement issues, then I'll ask you to please backhand me back to reality.

Oh and if I ever EVER mention Cup - that's an instant backhand right there.

Jumping up and down in my seat and just begging you to please please please just let us have this moment of league leading. We love our webbed feet boys. They just wanna play and laugh and have fun and be nice to each other.

We had our time being a terrible team and we haven't been this good since 2007.

When we start developing entitlement issues, then I'll ask you to please backhand me back to reality.

Oh and if I ever EVER mention Cup - that's an instant backhand right there.

Hey man do as you will. Cautionary tale is all. I've said some shit in here while hyped and it always comes back to bite me.

The guy interviewing me for this job this morning came into the table (that was adorned in chocolate), puts his feet up on the table and after a few pleasantries asks "What do you think about swearing?"...

"It's fucking awesome"

"Good answer"

Bad news: He's from LA and he's a Kings fan. If I get this job my manager will be a Kings fan.

Good news: He knows hockey. And creative industries are hella fun to work at. Casual clothes every day, Nerf gun wars, big manchildren and womenchidren everywhere with smiles on their faces and serious faces during crunch time.

I hope to hell I get this gig.

The current project they're working on is fucking cool. I nearly cried. Going from contributing to the planets destruction at my current shitty job to helping people make CGI in movies? Heck yes.

Hey man do as you will. Cautionary tale is all. I've said some shit in here while hyped and it always comes back to bite me.

You gotta enjoy the moments when they're there. Otherwise they go away and you're all of a sudden reminiscing about them.

At this point my expectations aren't anything more than First Round Appearance. This IS playoffs and this is Bruce Boudreau we're talking here.

Stasis

Sounds awesome man, good luck!

I had an interview start similarly a long time ago. Best Summer gig I ever had.

edit: Putting my condo up for sale tomorrow. Any of you Habs fans wanna be closer to your team? I'm about 15 minutes away from the city =)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The guy interviewing me for this job this morning came into the table (that was adorned in chocolate), puts his feet up on the table and after a few pleasantries asks "What do you think about swearing?"...

"It's fucking awesome"

"Good answer"

Bad news: He's from LA and he's a Kings fan. If I get this job my manager will be a Kings fan.

Good news: He knows hockey. And creative industries are hella fun to work at. Casual clothes every day, Nerf gun wars, big manchildren and womenchidren everywhere with smiles on their faces and serious faces during crunch time.

I hope to hell I get this gig.

The current project they're working on is a certain Marvel movie. I nearly cried. Going from contributing to the planets destruction at my current shitty job to helping people make CGI in movies? Heck yes.

You gotta enjoy the moments when they're there. Otherwise they go away and you're all of a sudden reminiscing about them.

At this point my expectations aren't anything more than First Round Appearance. This IS playoffs and this is Bruce Boudreau we're talking here.

He knows hockey? In Australia? And you know hockey? You basically already have the job. I hope.

Top Bottom