• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

That would be Brian Bradley. He's actually the only hockey player I've ever met, I think. Got his autograph when I was 8.

Also make sure to read up on the part where the team was allegedly owned by the Yakuza. Good times.

42 goals in his debut season, not bad. Had no idea the Espositos were pretty much solely responsible for their birth as well.

This sentence made me laugh:

In marked contrast to the Lightning, the Senators showed almost no sign of respectability in their first four seasons.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
DisastrousAcclaimedGopher.gif

Babby needs to learn some respek for the game

Acid08

Banned
Brown annihilated Roussel, holy shit. Boyle has been awful lately, goddamn. So happy he's getting a couple weeks off.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Looks embarrassing enough to be the Blues alright.

/salt

Will hockeystreams have the Olympics?

Yes it will.

At least hockey, if that's what you mean. Given that they also had the super bowl and have UFC, who knows if the admins feel like putting other events up.

Jayhawk

Olympic Fantasy Hockey Pool Members so far:

• Jayhawk
  • Red_Man
  • wsoxfan1214
  • calder
  • Silexx
  • Surge
  • Smiley90
  • Razorskin

Points-only league. 6 forwards, 3 defensemen per team. Snake draft.

People can join until noon EST Friday. Then, I'll PM the league members a link to a Google spreadsheet where we'll do offline draft. There doesn't appear to be a website setup specifically for Olympic hockey pools. The tournament doesn't start until next Wednesday, so we can take our time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
People can join until noon EST Friday. Then, I'll PM the league members a link to a Google spreadsheet where we'll do offline draft. There doesn't appear to be a website setup specifically for Olympic hockey pools. The tournament doesn't start until next Wednesday, so we can take our time.
You can create an Olympic pool here:

http://onlinepools.com/hockey/index.php/

It's not the best looking, but it'll be easier then managing the entire thing yourself.

As a harbinger of new ownership's sketchy hockey-IQ, on July 4, 2008, and despite coming off a recent contract extension, Boyle was traded along with Brad Lukowich to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Matt Carle, Ty Wishart, a first round draft pick in 2009 and a fourth round draft pick in 2010. Boyle was pressured to waive his no-trade clause by Tampa Bay's ownership, who said they would otherwise place him on waivers where he would likely be claimed by the Atlanta Thrashers. In the fallout from the trade, Boyle would call the owners liars [15] for misrepresenting the aforementioned events to the public, while former coach Tortorella later labeled them as "cowboys" and said that he had zero respect for them.[16] Frustrated at interference in the team's hockey operations by Barrie and Koules, seven days later GM Jay Feaster saw the handwriting on the wall and resigned, despite having 3 years remaining on his contract.

I completely forgot that ALL OF THIS HAPPENED.

Top Bottom