• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Cockbox pls http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764582

:lol awesome

Wow he is nuts. I cant imagine he will get more then that somewhere else.

There was a quote from somebody saying that Vanek understands that he will likely be leaving money on the table if he signs with his desired team(s) rather than taking that contract offer.

So it seems like it's not really about the money for him right now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
There was a quote from somebody saying that Vanek understands that he will likely be leaving money on the table if he signs with his desired team(s) rather than taking that contract offer.

So it seems like it's not really about the money for him right now.
Why would he care about money? Dude for paid from that Edmonton offer sheet. I don't recall the year, but I think Buf might have wanted to take those picks I'm hindsight. I think 3 1st rounders?
Did I steal this from you or did you steal this from me (where I stole it from reddit) :s

Hamhuis might have a concussion. Could explain why he doesn't look injured.

Kings and OIlers might be trading. Gagner for Clifford apparently, but the Oilers have to retain some salary since the Kings don't have room.

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 13m
Paramedics in #preds locker room; David Poile hit by puck at skate. He walked and sat self on stretcher; black eye, bloody nose, groggy

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 12m
Poile being taken to local hospital #preds

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 6m
Poile was in hallway not even on bench. Players were passing boards to boards and a Weber pass ricocheted off blade into David's face #preds

Yikes.

Weber trying to injure USA's GM.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Weber trying to injure USA's GM.

What the hell is going on in Nashville?

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postsports/2014/2/6/predators_announcer_hospitalized_after_heart_attack

Nashville Predators play-by-play announcer Pete Weber is in a St. Paul, Minn. hospital after having been treated Thursday morning for a heart attack.

The long-time voice of the franchise was taken in an ambulance from the team hotel. Broadcast partners Terry Crisp and Stu Grimson were with him. His wife, Claudia, was en route from Nashville.

Weber confirmed the heart attack in a text message and indicated that he is comfortable and out of danger at this time.

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL 3 t
Updating tweet from Friday: told now that Red Wings are out on Vanek. Don't want to give up 2-3 assets to rent him.

And no Vanek for us, if that is what it would cost us then good. However, Holland is totally going to say "Getting our players back from injury is our trade deadline acquisition" again this year, just he said last year, and the year before that, etc...

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
And no Vanek for us, if that is what it would cost us then good. However, Holland is totally going to say "Getting our players back from injury is our trade deadline acquisition" again this year, just he said last year, and the year before that, etc...
Yep, pretty much. Though at this point the only guys I'd be willing to part are guys no one else wants. So what could we really get in return? No one wants Bert, Cleary, Sammy, Quincey, or 3rd/4th line grinders like Andersson, Miller, or Eaves. I biggest name I'd be willing to part with is Franzen. Then maybe ONE of Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco if it could land us a really good top 2 D-Man or top 6 scoring winger. Wings still have that Pulkkinen kid down in the AHL and Mantha coming up from juniors.

I'm just curious to know what will happen when we have a full line up.

Z/Pavel/Nyquist
Franzen/Weiss/Alfie
Tatar/Sheahan/Jurco
Abby/Helm/Miller

Eaves, Andersson, Glendending, Bert, and Cleary as extras? Most likely Glendening will be sent back down along with Eaves.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Vanek turned down 5 years/50m? He must really not enjoy being an Islander.
No offense to Teethmummy, but the Islander's aren't an attractive team to play for. Especially if he can end up signing 7 years in a place with family /friends, the money won't mean as much.

pringles

Good. Our offense doesn't need much help when it's healthy, and if we're going to give up assets it should be for a d-man.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
No offense to Teethmummy, but the Islander's aren't an attractive team to play for. Especially if he can end up signing 7 years in a place with family /friends, the money won't mean as much.

It's a shame too considering the history they have, and a top 5 centre in the league. Their management is a joke though.

yyzjohn

Banned

Fuck they must have Muskoka like cottages up in Minnesota with all the recent guys going there.

Jayhawk

Wow. 13 people in our Olympic pool so far! More people are welcome until 12PM EST tomorrow. We'll end up taking 3rd and 4th liners with this many people. Let's go, Rick Nash! I'll setup the pool tonight and send PMs tomorrow.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That cakeboss thread rofl.

I mean it's fine to be curious about it, but really, make a thread? :lol

#TeamSwallowMeansLessCleanup

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cauncks have lost 5 straight, and are missing their best players? Brutal Habs loss incoming.

pringles

Wow. 13 people in our Olympic pool so far! More people are welcome until 12PM EST tomorrow. We'll end up taking 3rd and 4th liners with this many people. Let's go, Rick Nash! I'll setup the pool tonight and send PMs tomorrow.
What's this? Fantasy pool? I'm interested if there's room.

Both Marian Gaborik and Henrik Sedin are out of the Olympics.
The way he has been playing I'm not sure if Sedin is a huge loss... certainly not if he was going to play injured. I joked about it earlier but man, I almost don't want Daniel on the team without Henrik.. no sure how our lines will look now.

Sedin-Backstrom-Eriksson
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Steen

.. maybe..

Top Bottom