• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Wow. 13 people in our Olympic pool so far! More people are welcome until 12PM EST tomorrow. We'll end up taking 3rd and 4th liners with this many people. Let's go, Rick Nash! I'll setup the pool tonight and send PMs tomorrow.

I'll also jump in if there's a spot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Played over 25 minutes last game (most among Canucks) and had 4 shots.

4 shots... On 13 shot attempts. :p also most among Canucks though.

He definitely had a great game. Probably the best out of everyone... We'll see if that was an outlier. He has to play top4 minutes til we get a couple guys back, then he seems like a great Top6/7th Dman. For the low price of a Dutch Gretzky who's not tough enough for a 4th liner and had no space on the 3rd. I'll take it!

pringles

Didn't they announce Mikael Backlund as the replacement?
Nothing official yet, they'll announce it tomorrow. I'd assume whoever goes will just be the 13th forward and they'll move some guys up. Maybe Alfredsson or Landeskog gets a bigger role.

(I missed this post)

Just give us the ducks! We will make a series with the ducks.

Are you hearing yourself mate? You WANT to get the Ducks in the first round? Are you loco or just had too much to smoko?

Bolded part at the end is just too great. So happy to have a guy like Wingels on the team.

Wow, really?

*sniff* Spread your Wingels, buddy. Spread them far and wide :~)

Also I fucking love Patrick Burke and YCP.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sounds like those were the shots that hit the net.
8849d1253055003-living-rural-community-switzerland-dragan-dabic-eating-hat01a.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
CALLY WATCH:

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 2m
Told, a) no progress toward resolving negotiating impasse between NYR and Callahan; and, b) little chance of trade before tomorrow's freeze.

Jayhawk

The increasing size of the Olympic pool is nice to see, but it means we should either reduce roster size or allow everyone to pick whoever they want without a draft taking place (e.g., all teams pick 9 players with repeats allowed such as Crosby on every team). I'm up for either option, and I don't want to exclude anybody interested in the pool.

Leaving the league as a snake-draft with 6 forwards, 3 defensemen mean we'd be taking 90 forwards and 45 defensemen at this point with 15 teams. There are like 168 forwards in the Olympic tournament. Do we want to be taking 2nd liners from the likes of Austria and Switzerland?

Cake Boss

Banned
Didnt know I was in Putin's Neogaf.

My thread got locked after 10 pages of civil discussion :(, but we'll have 25 pages thread of console wars of people arguing which piece of plastic is better than the other plastic.

Come on bae.

TUSR

Banned
Didnt know I was in Putin's Neogaf.

My thread got locked after 10 pages of civil discussion :(, but we'll have 25 pages thread of console wars of people arguing which piece of plastic is better than the other plastic.

Come on bae.

I think it got locked because of how off base some dudes were in that thread.

Silexx

The increasing size of the Olympic pool is nice to see, but it means we should either reduce roster size or allow everyone to pick whoever they want without a draft taking place (e.g., all teams pick 9 players with repeats allowed such as Crosby on every team). I'm up for either option, and I don't want to exclude anybody interested in the pool.

Leaving the league as a snake-draft with 6 forwards, 3 defensemen mean we'd be taking 90 forwards and 45 defensemen at this point with 15 teams. There are like 168 forwards in the Olympic tournament. Do we want to be taking 2nd liners from the likes of Austria and Switzerland?

What do you think about doing a tiered pool? As in, each person picks a one player from a category of a few players. That way, we're not all stacking players from the same team.

Jayhawk

What do you think about doing a tiered pool? As in, each person picks a one player from a category of a few players. That way, we're not all stacking players from the same team.

Tiered-pool is fine if somebody wants to help with coming up with the tiers. 6 tiers of forwards, 3 tiers of defensemen.

He'd be the only Ring of Honour inductee based purely on what he's done for the Giants. Everyone else is based on their NHL presence as well as their 2007 Memorial Cup year contributions.

Still, an excellent rookie season from him and a good future ahead of him if he keeps it up. I love the guy and it was a thrill watching him play.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Unusual site, not one Canucks player is wearing a helmet during the warm-up with exception of goalies. #HabsOn690
Interesting strategy to get out of that slump.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Aight, you Lightning bunch are a good crowd, you got a good young prospect and one of the best Canadian scorers in the game in Stamkos. Tonight, however, you guys can

iihMnmpzD5nCA.gif

Top Bottom