• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Cake Boss

Banned
leafs_mcdavid-1040x572.jpg

Delryk

CorsiHockeyLeague ‏@CorsiHL 25m25 minutes ago
Since the calendar turned 2015, Alex Ovechkin has as many goals as all Leaf forwards combined (14)

Looks like all Leaf forwards are pretty coachable to play Horridchek's non-offensive style of hockey.

That was one entertaining Super Bowl.

Seeing the Seahawks lose like that though... that's probably akin to the Toronto-Boston Game 7, or if the Canucks had lost to the Blackhawks in 2011.

All this McDavid worship is setting the kid up for failure. He's great and has a potentially great future. But you never fully know what will happen over time.

iLLmAtlc

That was one entertaining Super Bowl.

Seeing the Seahawks lose like that though... that's probably akin to the Toronto-Boston Game 7, or if the Canucks had lost to the Blackhawks in 2011.

I didn't have a horse in that race but I was much more offended by NE letting the clock run down when Seattle had the ball on the goal line. I couldn't think of a single reason to justify that.

I mean the pass play was risky but you could at least argue there was an element of surprise to that. Everyone in the stadium and on the defence was thinking run play. You throw a quick slant and boom maybe you catch them off-guard for a quick strike.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Nabokov cleared waivers and is set to retire apparently. :/ bummer. Surprised nobody picked him up.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
I've been always been thinking about this for awhile. Could it be possible that we might see a NHL Team from the Atlantic Provinces? Or would that be Financially impossible?

Halifax seems like the perfect center for a team in that area. I'm pretty sure the corporate support is there (and obviously the fan base).

The declining CND and lack of suitable arena hampers the chances pretty badly currently.

The NHL is known to take risks like a nutcase however...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers lines tonight against the Panthers will be the way they ended the game on Saturday, but with Lee Stempniak in for JT Miller. So that would be:

Nash-Stepan-St.Louis
Kreider-Hayes-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Brassard-Fast
Glass-D.Moore-Stempniak

That Kreider line may be the one to watch out for. They were electric for the brief period of time they were together on Saturday and ended up potting the insurance goal. It's two big hosses and best friends in Kreids and Hayes, plus tiny, annoying, cagey Zuccarello, which is something Hayes is used to since he had Johnny Gaudreau on his line in college. That line has a lot of potential to be really dangerous if they continue to mesh.

zroid

Banned
I can't wait for all the sizzling hot takes about the Leafs newfound compete level once their PDO finally regresses.

...oh wait, yes I can, because I want them to tank. :(

Halifax seems like the perfect center for a team in that area. I'm pretty sure the corporate support is there (and obviously the fan base).

The declining CND and lack of suitable arena hampers the chances pretty badly currently.

That's kinda what I want. But I doubt we will see a NHL team in the Maritimes for a very very long time. Would be cool.

There's no chance of the Maritimes getting a team, unfortunately.

The NHL viewed putting a team back in Winnipeg as a big risk, and that was a scenario where you had a (mostly) NHL ready arena, one of the richest Canadians financing the whole thing and a strong CAD.

The new franchises, if that indeed is the direction the NHL wants to go, will be in American cities. Las Vegas, Seattle, Milwaukee etc.

So apparently the Halo MCC release is still broken for online match making? As in you can't do matchmaking still? What the fuck??

Top Bottom