• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

bill0527

Just went to my first NHL game. Preds vs. Devils. I live 2 1/2 hrs away from Nashville so they are the closest NHL a team.

What a fuck awesome experience.

I'm almost embarrassed to be a season ticket holder for my local ECHL AA minor league team after seeing this. Jesus there is a huge fucking gulf wide difference between the skill level of these NHL guys versus the bumbling stumbling, can't pass, can't shoot, can't score, minor league team in my city.

23qwerty

why is dorsett on the ice??? do the canucks have no other players left?

canucks pls stop losing to trash teams and beating good teams. its very confusing

iLLmAtlc

i always cringe a little when i hear people talking about a high sh% as a positive...

anyway that was the best nucks-flames game i've seen since 2010 maybe.

ShaneB

Just went to my first NHL game. Preds vs. Devils. I live 2 1/2 hrs away from Nashville so they are the closest NHL a team.

I'm almost embarrassed to be a season ticket holder for my local ECHL AA minor league team after seeing this. Jesus there is a huge fucking gulf wide difference between the skill level of these NHL guys versus the bumbling stumbling, can't pass, can't shoot, can't score, minor league team in my city.

Glad you enjoyed it. You were spoiled, the Preds are the best team in the league, and they certainly play like it.

GG Kings. Rough loss.

iLLmAtlc

nice. smashville has a great team and the crowd always seems really lively.

23qwerty

Cowtown will always be trash.

Always and forever
phaneuf.gif

Socreges

Banned
The Flames haven't made the playoffs in 6 years and you're talking shit about 26 years ago, love it

Flames are neck and neck with the Canucks. Crazy. But to be fair BOTH teams are trash

The Flames haven't made the playoffs in 6 years and you're talking shit about 26 years ago, love it

Flames are neck and neck with the Canucks. Crazy. But to be fair BOTH teams are trash

Obviously not "always trash" though ;) you guys...can't take a joke to save your lives

sadly the most reasonable conclusion imo is both calgary and vancouver drops out for LA and mild. >_>

Don't see the wild making it, but the Kings "grit" will have them barely squeeze into 8th seed and win another cup

Socreges

Banned
Obviously not "always trash" though ;) you guys...can't take a joke to save your lives

Don't see the wild making it, but the Kings "grit" will have them barely squeeze into 8th seed and win another cup
The Wild are 8-0-2 in their last 10 and 2 points back of Calgary with a game in hand.

BooThisMan.gif

I'd rather see the Wild over the Kings in the playoffs any day of the week.

Wouldn't we all, but I've seen the kings squeeze into the playoffs too many times to dismiss them. I don't really think anyone would at this point, how many game 7s have they played? I think on both of their cups they were low seed and a few points from even making the playoffs.

Socreges

Banned
Well played.
Gotta tap that well you've provided.

Just realized the Canucks won the season series 3-2, but the last two games were the ones with that playoff seed context. Shows their 'compete level' that they're losing to the Flames, Sharks and Wild during the most important stretch.

Montresor

I'm pleased. The Leafs have converted two expiring assets, both of which we were likely not going to sign, into futures! Thank you Shanahan.

So I'd say, worst case scenario, Leafs are guaranteed to pick 30th overall (if Nashville wins the Cup) + whatever their own pick gets them.

Top Bottom