• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Samyy

Pronman on the new prospect before this AHL season, even more impressed when him now:
"Brendan Leipsic was one of the more dangerous forwards in the WHL this past season. He's 5-10, but plays with a lot of grit combined with outstanding skill. Leipsic regularly created highlight-reel chances with his hands, vision and skating"

1st rounder is cool, hopefully bringing back Jokinen is a sign they're looking to flip Bozak. Or maybe we could get something for Jokinen, dunno how hes done this year.
Err... 6 points in 48 games for Jokinen lol, seems like he'll be leading the tank!

Imagine!

XXX - Jokinen - Clarkson

Play em 25 minutes a night!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Pronman on the new prospect before this AHL season, even more impressed when him now:
"Brendan Leipsic was one of the more dangerous forwards in the WHL this past season. He's 5-10, but plays with a lot of grit combined with outstanding skill. Leipsic regularly created highlight-reel chances with his hands, vision and skating"

1st rounder is cool, hopefully bringing back Jokinen is a sign they're looking to flip Bozak. Or maybe we could get something for Jokinen, dunno how hes done this year.

Jokinen is a salary dump, he's getting 2.5 mil this year and then he's off the books.

edit:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Leafs-Preds trade came together last night. Jokinen had to be moved as Nash needed to move $. Toronto will likely trade him as well.

Well then.

Cactus

Banned
I'm guessing Granberg will take Franson's spot for the rest of the season.

That should help the tank. Robidas/Holzer/Granberg LOLOL

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Leafs becoming Habs 2.0 D:
Nylander, new guy and Brown all under 6 feet!

Fear not we still got Freddie Goats!

NYK360_NHL_DRAFT.JPG

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Doubt anyone takes Booth.

So we have
Nashville has to be the favorite right up there with Chicago to win it.

Next to go?
Winnik
Jokinen
Bozak
Reimer
Lupul
Phaneuf
Kessel

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So Leafs essentially get themselves a second round pick when we had none.

Winnik I guess would get us a 5th or 4th rounder most likely?

yyzjohn

Banned
Jokinen can fuck right off - he was an "irrelevant" cap dump from Nashville's perspective according to James Mirtle. Hopefully we trade him asap for a 6th round pick or something, since he has an expiring contract.

Trade him to the Oilers. Dat veteran leadership!

Samyy

Hopefully the Preds get bounced in the first round and we get a shot at Evgeni Svechnikov
Merkley is also 19th on Bobs list o_o

Jokinen can fuck right off - he was an "irrelevant" cap dump from Nashville's perspective according to James Mirtle. Hopefully we trade him asap for a 6th round pick or something, since he has an expiring contract.

Nah, Leafs should keep him to extend the tank. A player who doesn't want to play here is better than nothing.

zroid

Banned
I am sad to lose Franson, but he and Shea Weber are buddies apparently, so glad he's going back to the Perds. I'll be cheering for them in the playoffs probably (along with the Isles, cuz Grabo)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hopefully the Preds get bounced in the first round and we get a shot at Evgeni Svechnikov

Pick is basically guaranteed to be 20+

Even if preds lose in the first round, they are still at the top of the standings...

gaming_noob

Two of the Leafs hardest working players gone. Shanahan has the 3rd overall pick zeroed in. Bell/Rogers are going to bribe someone to rig the lottery.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Samyy I defer to you who are these guys?

Pred's 1st rounder could result in a centre coming to Tor. Nicolas Roy, Travis Konecny and Colin White are ranked in late 20's. #TMLtalk

Samyy

Samyy I defer to you who are these guys?

Konency is another smallish center that can put up points, be I think he's going mid-to-late in the first round, not the 20s.

Nicolas Roy is a borderline 2nd round pick, doesn't have great offense - big though. Kinda reminds me of Gauthier lol.

Colin White no idea, US kid.

Merguson

Banned
We get a 1st round pick? Nice. I imagine that was the goal to get at least a 1st round pick out of the pending UFAs if possible. Just had to package both Franson and Santorelli.

Maybe we can get a late pick out of Jokinen?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So Winnik, Holzer and possibly Bozak are the only pieces left that we can probably realistically trade at the deadline?

Anything else would most likely be offseason unless a team got super desperate.

Samyy

We get a 1st round pick? Nice. I imagine that was the goal to get at least a 1st round pick out of the pending UFAs if possible. Just had to package both Franson and Santorelli.

Maybe we can get a late pick out of Jokinen?

There was an article I read where you basically have as good of a chance of getting a good player with a 7th vs. a 3rd, so hopefully we can get a 6th or 7th for him.

Yawnier

Banned
Yeah

Stay the fuck away from Nicolas Roy, please. He has been a big disappointment this season and didn't join/report to the team that drafted him (Cape Breton) a few years ago so he had to be traded.

Going for a Q-league center/LW though? Anthony Beauvillier pls.

Top Bottom