• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Samyy

Assuming we get to 6-8 because Kessel goes hot and get Werenski/Provorov/Kylington, a centre like Kyle Connor would be a great pick in the 20s.
Assuming we get a Strome then hoping Jeremy Roy is still around.

Merguson

Banned
So Winnik, Holzer and possibly Bozak are the only pieces left that we can probably realistically trade at the deadline?

Anything else would most likely be offseason unless a team got super desperate.

Maybe if we withheld cap on Lupul, he could be a possibility?

The cap withholding makes sense for Bozak and Lupul. Three years after this contract. If the Leafs are expected to be really bad for at least three years, then we don't have to really worry about the cap.

zroid

Banned
There was an article I read where you basically have as good of a chance of getting a good player with a 7th vs. a 3rd, so hopefully we can get a 6th or 7th for him.

well it said the difference between 7th and 3rd is like 10%, which is pretty significant

They could try for a 6+7, which is I believe slightly better than a 3rd

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Leafs are not close yet on a Winnik trade. Lots of interest but can wait until price is met. Want a 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd and a prospect

Deer lord, I feel like that's asking for too much.

Samyy

Deer lord, I feel like that's asking for too much.

I think the main difference is that Winnik is a really good PKer and can play in all situations.
Don't expect that "prospect" to be anything really great, would rather have the 2nd and a couple late round picks. (6th/7th)

Tom Penny

Romantic

B92rswqIEAA0GEs.jpg

Merguson

Banned
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 38s39 seconds ago

Steve Montador's death believed to be a suicide. He suffered from concussions and depression. Difficult financial situation too I'd heard.

That's sad, if true. RIP Montador :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Winnik would be a fantastic depth piece right now. Him and Santa were the best FAs we've had in a long time and he could definitely help a team that needs work on the PK. I can definitely see him slotting into any of the top teams that need help right now. Though I think he'd be killer on the Pens.

That sucks about Montador...I'm only 2 years younger right now...

zroid

Banned
Toronto Maple Leafs ‏@MapleLeafs 7m7 minutes ago
Newly acquired #Leafs prospect Brendan Leipsic currently sits fourth in AHL rookie scoring with 35 points. Connor Brown is third. #TMLtalk

not bad...

Syrinx

Will be interesting to see how similar a return the Canes can get for Sekera and Tlusty to the Leafs got for their guys. Assuming they package the two.

Gotta answer the Preds, Duckies. Call us!

Next up..I'm thinking Winnik.

He raised his trade value last night by getting a goal against Price.

So are we to assume everyone on the maple leafs are up for grabs?

also.

Subban on Kessel

@Dave_Stubbs
Subban: “I don’t think Phil (Kessel) gets enough credit for his personality. He’s a personable guy if he knows you.” #Leafs

@Dave_Stubbs
Subban: "If you put a microphone in (Kessel’s) face & ask him stupid questions, he’s not going to show that (personable) side of himself"

Marvie_3

Banned
If I was a Blackhawks fan I'd be livid that the current CBA allows someone like Kevin Hayes to leave and get signed by another team.
It's a shitty rule that probably needs to be changed but at the same time, Hayes wasn't guaranteed a spot on the Hawks so I can't blame him for wanting to go somewhere that he'd be able to play right away. I would have loved to see him in a Hawks jersey but at least he wasn't a douche about the whole situation like Schultz was.

I hope, somehow, this is wrong:

Damn it. RIP, Steve. He seemed like an awesome guy.

Holy shit. Montador was an awesome guy. It's too bad concussions really limited what he was able to do during his time with the Hawks. :(

I like the trade. The Leafs got a good return for two players who aren't signed past this year. However, it'll be sad to see both go, especially Santorelli who I was a big fan of. He was actually my favourite Leaf this year, so it's good that he's going to a contender.

Also heard about Steve Montador. Sad news. Rest in peace, good sir.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think I'm going to grab a Beaulieu jersey for next season, what a game from him last night. Also, Subban is dat #6God what a machine.

Edit: Bergevin is at the Pens / Hawks game today, give us Sharp Hawks. Do it.

Parch

Fair enough trade I suppose. Short term depth for futures. It could be the pieces that make the Preds a legit contender. Entirely possible that the pick + prospect could end up being nothing but the Leafs really have nothing to lose by trying.

Edit: Bergvin is at the Pens / Hawks game today, give us Sharp Hawks. Do it.

Please don't get oduya Please don't get oduya Please don't get oduya Please don't get oduya Please don't get oduya Please don't get oduya Please don't get oduya Please don't get oduya Please don't get oduya

Yawnier

Banned
Fair enough trade I suppose. Short term depth for futures. It could be the pieces that make the Preds a legit contender. Entirely possible that the pick + prospect could end up being nothing but the Leafs really have nothing to lose by trying.

Nashville is a damn dangerous team, only major thing I can see knocking against them in a few months is that a decent chunk of their players don't have a lot of playoff experience and their core has never really had a deep run in the playoffs. Rinne is one of those goalies who can steal a series for you though.

A lot of us leaf fans are tired of seeing UFAs walking away for nothing over the last while, so you are not going to see many of us leafers unhappy with this trade.

Razorskin

----- ------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhJB-1fNsiQ

dat flow

Bozak has been replaced as the number one centre!

Lol if your ass had more than 6 points on one of the best teams in the league then they would have kept your ass.

Only got yourself to blame you ugly motherfucker.

Cut your hair too turd muncher.

HJfF8On.png

https://twitter.com/KWilsonPreds/status/566618787277852672/photo/1

I hope, somehow, this is wrong:

Damn it. RIP, Steve. He seemed like an awesome guy.

RIP ):

zroid

Banned
Winnik is good yo. Statistically he's a pretty legit second liner, and he's a great PKer. Hope the return is decent.

B957hOUCYAAuktx.png

Top Bottom