• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Stasis

I know. I just find it funny the papers even are saying "Fuck the Knicks".

Also, I still feel for the Islanders. When I was out that way nobody gave a flying fuck about them.

Poor Knicks. I was a huge fan growing up. My dad still is. I have a signed Starks jersey in storage somewhere. This is what happens when Dolan meddles. We must now pray he doesn't turn his attention to another toy since he broke his favorite...

Also, I remember no one giving a shit about the Isles too. This renewed rivalry is fun though, even if we lost most of it thus far. New fans, bandwagoners, whatever. Keep it going! Loved the competing chants last night. Wish I could have been there.

calder

Yeah, actually. I start March 2nd.

Congrats!

Olli Jokinen may not have signed with the Nashville Predators if he knew things would work out this way.

That was the message conveyed by his agent, Ian Pulver, on Sportsnet 590 The Fan's "Hockey Central" program on Tuesday, where it was alleged that the Predators broke promises made to Jokinen prior to the two sides agreeing to a one-year, $2.5-million contract last summer.

According to Pulver, Jokinen - recently traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs in a four-player deal involving Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli - was promised the opportunity to line up at center alongside some of the club's top talent.

This, however, came before the Predators signed centers Mike Ribeiro and the since-waived Derek Roy, and while Mike Fisher had been sidelined with an Achilles injury.

All things being equal, then, Jokinen was bumped down the depth chart, recording three goals and three assists in an average of 13:31 of ice time per game.

While he may get an expanded role with the Maple Leafs, Pulver admitted his client's situation - moving from a first-place club to a team well out of the playoffs - is less than ideal, especially when one considers Jokinen has a grand total of six playoff games in 16 years of NHL experience on his resume.

Pulver did say Jokinen is willing to jettison a top-line assignment in lieu of more of a checking role on a contending team - a trade-off he had come to accept with the Predators.

"I can't say he was happy to be traded out of there," Pulver said.

As such, it's believed that Toronto general manager Dave Nonis may look to flip Jokinen prior to the trade deadline, if there are any other takers out there.

Being familiar with Olli's work the past several years, that whole thing is funny to me. But especially: "Pulver did say Jokinen is willing to jettison a top-line assignment in lieu of more of a checking role on a contending team - a trade-off he had come to accept with the Predators."

No shit Olli, no shit. You were barely a second line player during one season in Winnipeg on a quite bad Jets team, and that was like 2 years ago.

keezy

Number # who gives a shit.

Olli_44c888_2028367.gif

I posted a couple of these before, but it looks like it's a clean sweep today.

Extremely rare for hockey to sweep the back pages during the regular season, especially on a day where the Yankees retired a crap load of numbers and the Knicks ditched Amar'e Stoudemire.

The Rangers are taking a much needed day off. 3 games in 4 nights coming up, starting Thursday. Maybe we'll see Skapski in Buffalo on Friday?

Missed opportunity to say "Clean up on Isle 6".

fallout

Congrats!
Thanks!

Being familiar with Olli's work the past several years, that whole thing is funny to me. But especially: "Pulver did say Jokinen is willing to jettison a top-line assignment in lieu of more of a checking role on a contending team - a trade-off he had come to accept with the Predators."

No shit Olli, no shit. You were barely a second line player during one season in Winnipeg on a quite bad Jets team, and that was like 2 years ago.
Yeah, I can sympathize with him a little, but he seems to do a pretty consistent job at putting himself into shitty situations.

Razorskin

----- ------
Regrettable, but

1) is a blog post on 'awfulannouncing.com' backlash?

and

2) why is 1 retracted tweet - since explained and apologized for - considered a 'report'?

There was more than just that site denouncing him, people on twitter did the same.

Because he's a reporter, and he's reporting on someone's death on twitter? He realized he fucked up bad.

Surge

Kessel scores 3 goals in the first period tonight.

Gets traded to Florida during the intermission and eats a whole box of donuts.

Doesn't score another goal the rest of the season.

Do the Sabres have any trade-able assets left? Stewart is a pending UFA so he could be a rental. Hodgson has a terrible contract so I doubt many teams would take a chance on him.

Maybe the weather is keeping everyone away.

Silexx

With McArthur out, Sens have recalled JG Pageau after sending back to the minors 3 days beforehand.

Sorry Habs, you ain't dodging the kryptonite this time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I got really lucky, the other team recorded last night's game.

I know none of you have time for a 43 minute shitty hockey game so I put the video to the 7 minute mark where my legend begins!

http://youtu.be/_r0FiaRvwso?t=7m

I thought I backhanded it but I was wrong, either way I'm here to help your team tank if you need it.

Top Bottom