• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Razorskin

----- ------
Maybe its a good thing we traded Rask?!?

RGkfH7Z.gif

This Lightning PP should not be this bad.

I remember when they killed us in the playoffs with it.

Fucking Lecavalier, St-Louis and Bergenheim.

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 37m37 minutes ago
Kings have taken over territorially in this game since the Kopitar goal (or since they heard Flames erased 3-0 deficit to beat Boston)

:lol

VASILEVSKIY DA GOD

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave learns to play hockey update!!!

After 10 weeks of hockey school tonight it finally began. Tonight we played our first game of the season.

Although I didn't think I was nervous, looking back I totally was. I took a bit longer to get all my equipment on, I was tightening my skates a bit more then I usually did and was fumbling putting on all my equipment. But by the time the game started all of that anxiety and nervousness was gone.

My team was fairly organized before the game in the locker room we decided who would be playing what position for the most part. We only had 9 skaters so it was easy to know when to jump on or not. For the night I played predominantly left wing.

I didn't start the game and we started off looking a bit nervous all around. We've practiced and scrimmaged with the opposing team for the last 10 weeks we knew who they were and they knew who we were. We are a better team then them but with the game being real we looked a bit stiff...that is until I came in!

I hopped onto the ice and moved up into the offensive zone, we had a decent cycle game going but we couldn't get a shot to the net, the opposing team was eventually able to retrieve the puck behind their net as we backed off a bit. It then happened...I suddenly went in for the forecheck, the player behind the net instead of trying to just dump the puck out thought he could skate through me; big mistake. I stole the puck off of him and from behind the net threaded a perfect backhand pass through two defenders right into the slot for my teammate to score the first goal of the game!

...no wait that's wrong. That's what I thought happened. So I didn't see it so I got a recap of it from my teammates. So what actually happened is everything up there until the pass was exactly the same from there I was told my pass hit off one defender, then off of the goalie and very slowly trickled past the line!!! The reason I didn't see any of this is because I made the pass on my backhand and being terrible at skating I couldn't turn around to see what was happening in the play.

So congrats to me, I scored the first goal of our season and didn't even know it until I got back to the bench. The whole time I was complimenting my teammate who I thought scored the goal until 3 of the guys on the ice told me it was my goal and made sure to note it was my goal.

From there we dominated, we won 7-1, I played a good forechecking game I felt.

So I can now say I did something very few people have ever done! Scored on their first shift, first "shot" on goal.

Me, Mario Lemieux and Luca Caputi hold that distinction together. :D

Acid08

Banned
Kings only 2 points behind the Sharks now. The storylines for the Stadium Series could not be writing themselves more perfectly.

Chris R

Nice win but I can't help but feel against any other team we would have lost. So many backdoor shots open that Arizona just missed.

Now is we can just win against LA..

Top Bottom