• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

What the hell does that mean?

You're wrong though, the Stars are gonna lose to the Avalanche, sadly

eSQNaTb.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
this is now sharkswin.gif

also maybe sharkslose.gif
G1zKV8G.png

Yeah, it would be stupid not to.

Only guys I can see getting to free agency are O'Reilly, Yandle, Kesler, Ladd, Plekanec and Hamhuis.

And Stamkos to the Leafs of course.

When he's 35 and says it's a dream come true.
Plek will re-sign or be traded by the deadline next year. I thought they might trade him by this deadline, but he's too important and Eller hasn't stepped up like a lot of people expected of him.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
G1zKV8G.png

Plek will re-sign or be traded by the deadline next year. I thought they might trade him by this deadline, but he's too important and Eller hasn't stepped up like a lot of people expected of him.

Eller has stepped up defensively, but he's not putting up the offensive numbers. The biggest reason is he spends more time playing with the Emelin-Gilbert pairing than any other defensive pairing, every other centre on the team spends more time with Subban-Markov(barring Malhotra).

Red_Man

Eller has stepped up defensively, but he's not putting up the offensive numbers. The biggest reason is he spends more time playing with the Emelin-Gilbert pairing than any other defensive pairing, every other centre on the team spends more time with Subban-Markov(barring Malhotra).
Yea, his play is definitely underrated considering the hard minutes he takes compared to the amount of points he's produced, but I still don't think he's ready to replace Pleks.

Hey, gonna try and get into this sport from over in the UK.

I posted in here like 2 years ago but I was a goddamn sonnuvabitch and didn't follow through with watching any games and I don't remember what team I chose so let's move past that.

I need to start supporting a team that's playing tonight, one that isn't Canadian or from Boston (that's cheating right?) and one that isn't a bunch of cunts (I know it's hockey but I'm talking more about the fanbases).

If anyone follows soccer, the team I'm looking for is basically AS Roma or Juventus. A nice, classy, generally mid-level, fun team. Oh and does it matter where they're located for timezone-sake?

Cheers lads! x

PS: It's really difficult to not just fling myself upon the Anaheim Ducks. ESTEVEZZZ

Upon further thought, it would be an absolute disservice to Emilio's hard work and life itself if I don't support the Ducks. I don't wanna jam Emilio up, I really don't.

My only issues are the times at which they would most likely play their games, and the fact they're doing prettyyy well right now. Don't wanna be a bandwagoner.

But I'll ready to say fuck it if at least one of you says it's a-okay.

Upon further thought, it would be an absolute disservice to Emilio's hard work and life itself if I don't support the Ducks. I don't wanna jam Emilio up, I really don't.

My only issues are the times at which they would most likely play their games, and the fact they're doing prettyyy well right now. Don't wanna be a bandwagoner.

The Mighty Ducks was set in Minnesota, so obviously you should choose to root for the Wild. Anything less is a disservice to District 5.

But really the Ducks are fine. They're generally a mid-level team that has had a few good years now. Also won a championship a few years back.

I think a good team to support is the New York Islanders. If you're not looking for a Canadian team or the Bruins. I think they are the best option to go with

this is now sharkswin.gif

also maybe sharkslose.gif

Thumping Street Sharks will always be #1 Win GIF in our hearts.

But Superbowl Shark needs his days.

You are always welcome in Ducks-age.

Red_Man

Rumours going around that Habs are interested in two Defenceman. One is Mike Green and The other is Tyler Myers
Where are you getting this from? I think people are just assuming that because Bergevin is looking for a D and that both Green and Meyers are expected to be moved then he must be looking at them. Every move he's made so far was unexpected, so I'm pretty suspicious of any rumours unless they come from legit sources.

Where are you getting this from? I think people are just assuming that because Bergevin is looking for a D and that both Green and Meyers are expected to be moved then he must be looking at them. Every move he's made so far was unexpected, so I'm pretty suspicious of any rumours unless they come from legit sources.

Yeah. I think we should wait and see what Bergevin will do. It was just a rumour I heard and probably not true.

Red_Man

If we trade Green I'll flip.

Thankfully our GM has said it would send a bad message to our team if we did.
McKenzie said he expects him to be gone by the deadline. Like I already said in here, I don't really know where to begin on what his value is with his recent injury history, and his upcoming contract situation.

Red_Man

rshEWy8.png

Carey Price for coach of the year
I always laugh when commentators bring up the Habs as one of the best defensive teams because their GA is one of the lowest in the league, meanwhile they're allowing some of the most SOG in the league. It's literally all Price.

McKenzie said he expects him to be gone by the deadline. Like I already said in here, I don't really know where to begin on what his value is with his recent injury history, and his upcoming contract situation.

Yeah but it's also not based on anything.

“The Habs talking to Washington about Mike Green, I don’t specifically have knowledge that the Habs have done that. I do believe that Mike Green is going to get traded by the deadline.

Especially when our GM said this a couple of weeks ago:

“What message does that send to the team if you’re sending Mike Green away for a prospect and a pick heading into the playoffs?” MacLellan continued, “I’m not going to do that. I want to win. He’s a part of our team. It’s a luxury to have him as a fifth defenseman who can move up and who is a first power play guy.”

Red_Man

Yeah but it's also not based on anything.

Especially when our GM said this a couple of weeks ago:
I found it odd when McKenzie said that due to their position in the standings, but GM's also always say that kind of stuff. If they don't believe they can re-sign him than they'll have to move him.

I found it odd when McKenzie said that due to their position in the standings, but GM's also always say that kind of stuff. If they don't believe they can re-sign him than they'll have to move him.

Not really, if all we can get for him is spare parts we'll probably keep him like we did with Ribeiro.

Especially with Orlov and Schmidt out long term.

A Hillen-Oleksy third pairing is not what I want to see if we make the playoffs.

ShaneB

Not sure how I'd react if Green is dealt, I suppose with any deal it's about the return, but as was pointed out, I'm not sure I see the point of dealing him when the Caps are clearly going to be buyers, and Green is again a solid piece on a defence that has played really well in big stretches.

edit: Also, welcome aboard to the new UK fellow! The Atticus !

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt 6m6 minutes ago
The order of the groups has been scrambled, but these are how they've gone:

8-19-90
21-16-42
92-65-20 (or 65-92-20)
25-46-43
17-83-43

Burakovsky back in the lineup and Beagle on the 5th line.

Bg1JRVO.gif

Chimera should be on the 5th line in place of Beags though.

Red_Man

DLR on the the line with Eller & Sekac. Looks like Eller is fine to play, we'll see after practice. Weise still on that top line because Therrien has brain damage. 4th line is Prust- Bournival/Malhotra- Thomas. Hopefully Malholtra sits, and it should be Weise switching spots with Thomas, but w/e.

OK, Habs, don't fuck up Buffalo's losing streak.

The Sabres are our Kryptonite. I dunno about this...

DLR on the the line with Eller & Sekac. Looks like Eller is fine to play, we'll see after practice. Weise still on that top line because Therrien has brain damage. 4th line is Prust- Bournival/Malhotra- Thomas. Hopefully Malholtra sits, and it should be Weise switching spots with Thomas, but w/e.

I'm still saying Sekac should be on the first line. Replacing Dale that is.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 1h
#NYR Stats: Rick Nash (48GP) reached the 30-goal plateau quicker than any other Rangers player since 1995-96 (46GP). Via @EliasSports

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 1h
#NYR Stats: Rick Nash leads the NHL in even strength goals (23), and he is tied for the NHL lead in goals (31) and SHG (4) this season.

Right now Nash is on pace for 53 goals on the season. That would be 1 shy of Jagr's franchise record.

A big difference, though, is that Jagr had 24 PPG that season. Nash has 4.

eyeless

Hey, gonna try and get into this sport from over in the UK.

I posted in here like 2 years ago but I was a goddamn sonnuvabitch and didn't follow through with watching any games and I don't remember what team I chose so let's move past that.

I need to start supporting a team that's playing tonight, one that isn't Canadian or from Boston (that's cheating right?) and one that isn't a bunch of cunts (I know it's hockey but I'm talking more about the fanbases).

If anyone follows soccer, the team I'm looking for is basically AS Roma or Juventus. A nice, classy, generally mid-level, fun team. Oh and does it matter where they're located for timezone-sake?

Cheers lads! x

PS: It's really difficult to not just fling myself upon the Anaheim Ducks. ESTEVEZZZ
what's wrong with canada

you came to the wrong neighbourhood motherfucker

Red_Man

The Coyotes are asking for a top prospect and a high draft pick for Vermette, a second-round pick for Michalek, and a young roster player, a prospect and a draft pick for Yandle.

Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin is willing to pay in order to help his team's chances this season and into the future, but he's unlikely to give away any of his top-tier prospects for a potential rental player.
Not interested in paying those prices for any of those players, especially with all the D prospects we have ready to make the jump.

Red_Man

Doesn't matter if they're ready if Therrien doesn't play them.
True, Bergevin seems to be aware that he has this issue though. He's forced him to play younger guys by moving other guys. Maybe if we got out in the first round he'll send him packing.

Wow Smiley...

Well at least we know what you do when the Canucks aren't playing.

I should tell my friend who used to do that that if she stuck with it she could have been 50,000 dollars richer, or at least a very, very, very small chance.

I also just realize the Wings don't play until Thursday and only have 3 total games within the next 1.5 weeks. :/

gaming_noob

How about:

To Leafs:
4th round pick

To Oilers:
Clarkson
Conditional 2016 first round pick if Clarkson is still with the team in 2015-2016.

Top Bottom