• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Cake Boss

Banned
How about:

To Leafs:
4th round pick

To Oilers:
Clarkson
Conditional 2016 first round pick if Clarkson is still with the team in 2015-2016.

TheFuck.jpg~320x480

Attn Cake Boss and 19 & 21:
Michael Russo ✔ @Russostrib
Follow
Yeo said Cooke is out tonight, potentially for a long time. I'm hearing he's done for the season w lower body injury #mnwild

Celebrations in 3...2...

ShaneB

Apt that I just started reading Al Michaels book and the Caps are playing the Kings tonight. Screw you Al, your Kings are going down!!!

Apt that I just started reading Al Michaels book and the Caps are playing the Kings tonight. Screw you Al, your Kings are going down!!!

Hey if you can, let me know when you finish it and what your thoughts are. I'm interested in hearing how it is. I almost bought that last weekend.

If anyone follows soccer, the team I'm looking for is basically AS Roma or Juventus. A nice, classy, generally mid-level, fun team. Oh and does it matter where they're located for timezone-sake?

Juventus? One of the most storied clubs in Italian football? It would have to be an 'O6' team then: Boston, Montreal, Detroit, Rangers or Chicago.

As for Roma, well... I dunno. Maybe Philadelphia or NYI.

The Leafs are basically the Parma of the NHL, if Parma didn't keep going bankrupt.

Supporting a West Coast team from the UK is crazy. You'd be catching games at 3am.

I almost vomited right at my desk.

What the fuck?

Mein Gott in Himmel. You'd think after the past 5-6 years we'd be passed trading 1sts.

ShaneB

Hey if you can, let me know when you finish it and what your thoughts are. I'm interested in hearing how it is. I almost bought that last weekend.

Will do! Always share my thoughts in the reading thread, but I'll be sharing thoughts here and the NFL thread. Great start so far.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In other news, the Rangers have still not begun talking to Mats Zuccarello about a new contract, but AV has apparently told Slats and company that he wants Zucc re-signed.

Will be tough with the room available. Guess we'll see what the situation is after the trade deadline.

Foggy

Important game against the Yotes tonight. A loss means only 1 point above 27th. Just gotta keep on keeping on.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder how long it took before Gorges stopped his "LETS GO BOYS" rah rah bullshit in Buffalo.

Players are going to be glad to not be facing him.
The real question is who will be bummed about this? Raise your hand so I can put you on a list.

edit: Holy shit, I've seen nothing but grandstanding from Pens fans about this Cooke thing. Yeah, it's pretty unbecoming to actually be happy about an injured player but a guy like Cooke who is nothing short of a snake in the grass? The league is a safer place with him not participating.

Red_Man

I remember when the Sabres tried to claim they weren't tanking.
Sabres definitely are, but I don't think Nolan and the players are. I don't think any players are conciously playing like shit to get McDavid.

Syrinx

Eh, players don't tank, organizations do. I don't think any players are conciously playing like shit to get McDavid.

That's what I meant. I remember watching one broadcast on NBCSN and the announcers were talking about how Nolan (I think he was who they were talking about) claimed tanking for the top pick is bad karma. Or something.

I know the players couldn't care less about McDavid; many of them are just trying to prove they belong on an NHL roster.

Red_Man

The funniest part is the Oilers were clearly trying to not tank with their off season acquisitions and they're still at the bottom.

Red_Man

Well you're not setting yourself up for success by overpaying for Pouliot.
He's been their better forwards which is sad, plus the Fayne signing. Not that they're great contracts, but they're still not trying to tank as obvious as the Sabres are.

Socreges

Banned
With how much players generally try to avoid living in Edmonton, it can be said that tanking is now the Oilers' natural state.

Red_Man

To demonstrate how awful the Sabres are this year, the Habs will go on to lose their 3rd game of the year against them tonight.

Spl1nter

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Hearing that the Canucks have shown interest in Leafs C Mike Santorelli, who of course played in Van last yr. Lotsa teams covet him though

That would be awkward.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Hearing that the Canucks have shown interest in Leafs C Mike Santorelli, who of course played in Van last yr. Lotsa teams covet him though

Overpay! Overpay! Overpay!

C'mon do it!

Red_Man

LeBrun just said that from talking to other executives, Bergevin has been pretty active, but he'd be shocked if he gave up our 1st rounder.

Merguson

Banned

So.. this is suppose to be likelihood of Leafs players being traded by Dreger. I wonder how he decides on the percentages..

With Santorelli, I'm going to assume there's been some progress on contract negotiations that it could go both ways.

EDIT: Clarkson probably at -100%.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
How about:

To Leafs:
4th round pick

To Oilers:
Clarkson
Conditional 2016 first round pick if Clarkson is still with the team in 2015-2016.
With the cap the way it is right now...sure, why not?
Overpay! Overpay! Overpay!

C'mon do it!

please sell instead of getting nothing for him
I have a feeling it will happen. Sucks though since he's been one of our better players.

jFNiZPm.png

So.. this is suppose to be likelihood of Leafs players being traded by Dreger. I wonder how he decides on the percentages..

With Santorelli, I'm going to assume there's been some progress on contract negotiations that it could go both ways.
At least he'll go to a contender...and not havde to deal with this mess.

How the FUCK is Kadri at 30?! Who the hell would take Holzer and why is Robidas not on that?!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
LeBrun just said that from talking to other executives, Bergevin has been pretty active, but he'd be shocked if he gave up our 1st rounder.

Good, not sure there's anything out there worth considering it for.

I might give up a 2nd for Zbynek Michalek though, if it meant kicking Emelin out of the lineup and giving Beaulieu a great partner. We all know Therrien would move Beaulieu to the third pairing though, and put Michalek with Gonchar.

Red_Man

How the FUCK is Kadri at 30?! Who the hell would take Holzer and why is Robidas not on that?!
Nobody wants Robidas, that's a terrible contract. No idea how anyone would want Holzer unless it's some dumbass GM blinded by his size.

Yawnier

Banned

EDIT: Clarkson probably at -100%.

Bozak and Lupul both at 60%.... so you're saying there is a chance?!

raptor-jesus.gif

Why would the Canucks want Santorelli? They have enough bottom-six depth forwards. They really need a top-six sniper and a puck-moving defenceman, which is what everyone else wants.

The Dreger works in mysterious ways...

I'd be content with the entire left column being moved out.

Top Bottom