• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Socreges

Banned
Canucks gaf, why did you guys not resign Shroeder? Did he just not fit in with you guys?
Small and not particularly skilled. Not great defensively nor good at faceoffs and he's a natural center. Seems like he's had a good stretch with you guys offensively, but I'll be surprised if it lasts.

Spl1nter

Re-tweeted by Mirtle

@cjzero
No video from Minnesota feed, but an Oilers fan threw a jersey on the ice, Ben Scrivens threw it back & someone fought the fan who tossed it

Too bad no video of it, would have been hilarious to see.

Vman

Small and not particularly skilled. Not great defensively nor good at faceoffs and he's a natural center. Seems like he's had a good stretch with you guys offensively, but I'll be surprised if it lasts.

Ya he's been great in the 10ish games he's played here. He's playing wing in the top 6 so that's maybe why he's putting up points.

Also Dubnyk..... we are not worthy.

Dubnyk made 15 saves tonight for his fifth shutout in 16 starts, the fastest to that many shutouts with one team in the post-expansion era (1967). He also won his career-high 21st game, 12 of which have come in Minnesota with a 1.61 goals-against average and .936 save percentage. Also, he is 5-0 against his old Oilers this season with a 0.79 goals-against average and .970 save percentage (128 saves on 132 shots).

Goddamn

Re-tweeted by Mirtle

@cjzero
No video from Minnesota feed, but an Oilers fan threw a jersey on the ice, Ben Scrivens threw it back & someone fought the fan who tossed it

Too bad no video of it, would have been hilarious to see.

From the Wild blog tonight:
Lastly, all the Wild players after the game were talking about a fight in the stands with two minutes left. Apparently, an Oilers fan threw his jersey on the ice. Ben Scrivens skated over and put it back in the stands. The guy that threw it was celebrating and somebody else threw a beer in his face and all heck broke loose.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ducks win a game!

ZLE4ye.gif

Glad there was some solid boos from the crowd tonight. This team has been complete garbage the last 2 months and deserved every boo they got. So many guys have been either invisible or downright shitty for large parts of the season.

I can't see them going deep in the playoffs and at this point unless they get things figured out in the next 2 weeks. If not, then they need to take advantage of the trade deadline and sell. Guys like Sharp and Bickell could get a decent return. They're going to have to get rid of somebody this offseason so they might as well do it when teams are overpaying the most.

Oh yeah, fire Quenneville.

Lol they looked just as bad in the regular season last year and then they made it to game 7 of the WCF.

They're fine, and arguably the best team in the NHL still. They just don't have the intensity in the regular season anymore. It sucks that they're setting themselves up for a brutal path in the playoffs, but trading guys at the deadline? Ridiculous.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
skapskistars72ulr.png

Skapski must be on some other planet at this point. He was just happy to be here. Also, this was his dad's birthday.

Must be nice to debut against Buffalo.

So I heard last night that the Bruins pulled Rask out in the last five minutes of the 3rd period and put Subban back on? Why? Can someone from Bruins GAF confirm this?.

Poor Malcom Subban :/ they should of started him vs oilers.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey Marvie can the Habs have Sharp yet?
Totally. Sharp and Crawford for Price and some peanut m&m's.

Lol they looked just as bad in the regular season last year and then they made it to game 7 of the WCF.

They're fine, and arguably the best team in the NHL still. They just don't have the intensity in the regular season anymore. It sucks that they're setting themselves up for a brutal path in the playoffs, but trading guys at the deadline? Ridiculous.

Whether you want to admit it or not, the window with some of these guys is closing in a hurry. They're going to have to get rid of a couple guys in the offseason, it's smarter to sell high.

Do they have the talent to win the Cup this year? Sure. Their road this year is going to be a LOT more difficult than it was last year though.

Like I said, give it a couple more weeks and see how they shake out. If things haven't turned around, then I'd be just fine punting on one season. I'd rather set the Hawks up for a quick turnaround in the next couple years with higher returns on Sharp/Bickell/etc, than watch them flame out in the 1st round and get little of value back.

That said, I'd love for this team to prove me wrong, but the way they're going, I don't see it happening.

Fire Quenneville

zroid

Banned
apparently the NHL is claiming that they innovated presentation of zone starts and primary vs secondary assist data

lolok Gary

Montresor

Of the roster players, I want JVR, Rielly, and Kadri to stay. Everyone else is expendable. I guess it would be nice to keep Holland, Komarov, and Polak too. I don't even know if either our goalies are worth keeping. Do any Leaf fans like either Bernier or Reimer?

zroid

Banned
This is a good quote from Dave Tippett that demonstrates why guys like Norrisson
and Gardiner
are so valuable

B-Vag5PCIAA6N8-.png:large

Yawnier

Banned
Do any Leaf fans like either Bernier or Reimer?

I like Reimer, my fav leafs goalie since CuJo and he is probably the best homegrown, drafted and developed goaltender by the Leafs since Felix Potvin.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing someone like him go to a winning team, either.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Do any Leaf fans like either Bernier or Reimer?

I like both of them. Either can be replaceable as they aren't at this point elite goalies. Will they ever be? Who knows but if either or both are moved I wouldn't feel bad about it, neither would I feel bad if we went into next season with both of them again.

zroid

Banned
Personally I would like to keep both Bernier and Reimer, but I also feel that Bernier could be used as a valuable trade chip right now, potentially. Reimer on the other hand has less perceived value, but isn't a significant downgrade from Bernier.

Samyy

The biggest guy I want out is JVR, I think hes overvalued thanks to Kessel inflating his production.

If Kessel goes and you keep JVR and Bozak its going to hurt their trade value & production.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The biggest guy I want out is JVR, I think hes overvalued thanks to Kessel inflating his production.

If Kessel goes and you keep JVR and Bozak its going to hurt their trade value & production.
Not a bad idea. Might as well go all out at this point since he's not considered part of the core. You really see those two slump when Kessel isn't on his game.

Cactus

Banned

I don't disagree with you, but I think trying to get full value for Kessel should be priority #1, assuming management is dead-set on trading him. JVR's production will inevitably suffer, but I envision him playing pretty well on the top line with Kadri next year

As for Bozak, he should be first to go. If he's still here post-deadline, I'll be really disappointed.

Top Bottom