• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Samyy

This is a good reminder that Corsi is a team stat. It does not apply well to individual players.

Uh dude the author of the article is suggesting that further study should be done into its relevance for individual player evaluation, you cant't write it off based on an analysis of one scenario.

Also thats where relative statistics, WOWYs play a role in the analysis.

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty sure Horachek has been sheltering the Bozak line way more than Carlyle ever did. Usage definitely matters a lot.

Calamari41

41 > 38
SanDiegoGullsAHL.png

EH.

At least it's an avian.

eyeless

was thinking about what a hero boyd devereaux really is

not only did we get kadri at 7 rather than brayden schenn at 5, so that's cool (i think apparently schenn is coming into his own though this year i think i've seen some flyers fan say?)

but if the flyers hadn't gotten brayden then they wouldn't have traded for luke and we'd be stuck with him and without jvr

so anyway it's all a crapshoot and here's looking forward to the hat trick that ruins our top five pick this year

Yawnier

Banned
so anyway it's all a crapshoot and here's looking forward to the hat trick that ruins our top five pick this year

Leafs spot in the top five is fairly safe at this point.

Winnik and maybe another player or two are gone a week from now

Both Ottawa and Columbus have 3 games in hand

Can't see Arizona passing us but can perhaps see Carolina doing so with a couple games in hand. So.... with a #4 overall pick do you go Marner, Strome, or off the board a bit?

Everberg and Duchene both going hard into the boards.

Edit: Hejda not in the lineup, one reason we look awful, is he injured or is there a trade coming?

Top Bottom