• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Johnson parading the nonsense that Pacioretty and DD have a special chemistry which is why he deserves to centre the top line.

Xeteh

They talk so much about how at the end of the Avs practice they spend a bit of time working on 6v5... how about they spend a ton
any
of time on 5v4?

They talk so much about how at the end of the Avs practice they spend a bit of time working on 6v5... how about they spend a ton
any
of time on 5v4?

Nah man, just put McLeod and Talbot on the PP, I'm sure that will alleviate the problems, not exasperate them at all.

eyeless

good fucking lord, seems like i just checked my phone and it was 1-1 in the arizona nyi game and now it's 5-1, god dammit

and of all things the jackets are losing to the sabres

hopefully the canes can hold this league for tank nation

Vyroxis

Banned
Okay, so if a player loses his stick on the ice, can the refs clear it while he still chases the puck or does he have to grab it of it isn't broken? Trying to catch up on hockey rules here.

Xeteh

Okay, so if a player loses his stick on the ice, can the refs clear it while he still chases the puck or does he have to grab it of it isn't broken? Trying to catch up on hockey rules here.

No, he doesn't have to rush to grab his stick. He can keep playing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Refs won't touch it until the play is at the other end of the ice, or at least until nobody is anywhere near the stick.

zroid

Banned
Welp

Jiri Sekac Trade: This is a bad trade, and there's no two ways about it

You can attempt to spin this deal however you'd like, but Marc Bergevin made a serious mistake trading Jiri Sekac, and as bad as the trade is, the philosophy behind it is worse.

Trading Jiri Sekac for Devante-Smith Pelly is an extremely confusing trade by Montreal Canadiens general manager, Marc Bergevin. There is really no way you can look at this deal and see it making sense, unless you believe the Canadiens desperately needed $125K against the salary cap next season. There are so many things wrong with it, we'll have to go over them point by point.

One thing we need to get out of the way immediately is that the Canadiens did not improve their roster in this trade. Smith-Pelly may be a nice guy, play physical, and have the 'good character' Bergevin always preaches about, but Jiri Sekac is very obviously more talented.

Marvie_3

Banned
Probably the best period the Hawks have played in quite some time. Hopefully Kane's shit isn't too fucked up and he doesn't miss any serious time.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Welp

Jiri Sekac Trade: This is a bad trade, and there's no two ways about it

Read that earlier.

Seems like this is opening up the argument between advanced stats guys and those who hate them, or ignore them anyway.

I'll need to watch DSP play myself, numbers only do so much for me.

I do agree with worrying about the philosophy though. Putting a focus on size and grit is the wrong way to go.

zroid

Banned
I do agree with worrying about the philosophy though. Putting a focus on size and grit is the wrong way to go.

The biggest issue I have with valuation of size and grit isn't that it's inherently worthless, but if you don't have good possession numbers it basically means you aren't using your "size and grit" effectively. Like I said earlier, if you're a power forward who doesn't drive play, then you aren't a very good power forward in my opinion. That's what they should be doing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The biggest issue I have with valuation of size and grit isn't that it's inherently worthless, but if you don't have good possession numbers it basically means you aren't using your "size and grit" effectively. Like I said earlier, if you're a power forward who doesn't drive play, then you aren't a very good power forward in my opinion. That's what they should be doing.

Well I have a feeling DSP will get a decent chance to improve on his numbers when he gets here. He'll probably play alongside Galchenyuk and Plekanec.

I hope when he gets here he puts a focus on scoring though, and doesn't listen to the media telling him the Habs are lacking in the hitting and fighting department.

BGALLY!

Top Bottom