• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Calamari41

41 > 38
image.php

I didn't even connect that but yes!

calder

b-qd9kxviaagutfjhj76.png

Poor Bogo.

(the chart is a bit misleading, their rel% numbers are less drastic although it's still clear Myers is playing better for the Jets even adjusting for team possession, linemates)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I can't remember the last time the Habs got that many breakaways/ odd man rushes in one game, I don't know what was wrong with the Blues tonight. Shocked Patches didn't score.

"You can attempt to spin this deal however you'd like"

I think he just challenged Red
When exactly have I tried to spin this? I said I don't like it from the start, and I do believe Sekac will be the better player in the future.

Socreges

Banned
When exactly have I tried to spin this? I said I don't like it from the start, and I do believe Sekac will be the better player in the future.
Was just kidding. You didn't spin it exactly, though you did strike me as... like... a hapless girlfriend whose adoring boyfriend cheated on her. You don't believe it... he would never do that to you! There must be some other explanation!

Clydefrog

Eight straight.

Crazy eights.

8 ball? More like 8-late. Eightlate... Elite.. Quick.... ..............

X89wAtQ.jpg

edit: *visits NHL.com* PURPLE REIGN!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cam Talbot last season: 21 GP, 12-6-1, 25 pts, 3 shutouts, .941 SV%, 1.64 GAA
Cam Talbot this season: 21 GP, 11-5-3, 25 pts, 4 shutouts, .914 SV%, 2.46 GAA

Some of those stats came back down to Earth, but the results sure are similar.

Socreges

Banned
He pulled him on a delayed Penalty so they could rush 6 and
Nystrom hit a 180 ft goal into the empty net.

Yeah what a jack ass for pulling a goalie on a delayed penalty. WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!
This doesn't make any sense. If it's a delayed penalty the play is dead the moment the guilty team touches the puck. That's why pulling the goalie makes sense - you don't get scored on unless you put it in your own net. And that isn't what happened apparently. Explain yourselves.

I miss Sekac.

Thanks for taking Bourque.

I'll cry if by tonight Sekac is already playing in their top 6

N6qFl4t.png

oZz753G.gif

I'll miss him too. :( but I think it was a fair Trade. He's going to enter his prime In a couple of years.

My Friend that's a Ducks Fan told me that think of Smith-Pelly as a bigger version of Brendan Gallagher

bill0527

This doesn't make any sense. If it's a delayed penalty the play is dead the moment the guilty team touches the puck. That's why pulling the goalie makes sense - you don't get scored on unless you put it in your own net. And that isn't what happened apparently. Explain yourselves.

You're right. I was watching it and I don't remember the details of the play. I'm wondering if they waved the penalty off or if the announcers botched the call. As soon as Nystrom touched it the play should have been blown dead but that's not what happened.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like maybe the Rangers are allowing more shots on goal... Does that seem to be the case?

2014-15 Rangers SA/GP: 29.1
2013-14 Rangers SA/GP: 29.4

Nope. Though I'm not sure how those stats look if you just isolate Talbot games. We have had a few barn burners the last few weeks.

Cam's had a weird habit of letting in at least one softie in most of his games this season. He's also been beaten cleanly on unscreened (or mostly unscreened) shots from the blueline 3 or 4 times in the last week or two, shots he absolutely must stop, most recently the game-tying goal against Columbus on Sunday. Fortunately he looked really good at long range last night. Looked much more like the Cam Talbot we knew from last season, though he did also have a much stronger defensive performance from the team last night than he's had in most of the games since Hank has been out, so that certainly helped a great deal.

Glad to see it's rumored Roy wants to re-sign O'reilly. I think that's the best course of action, we're not going to get the kind of defensemen we need for him. Show some good will and give him a good offer while his numbers are down right now, if they decline it now and want to wait until the off season, at least we put forth a good offer.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I love all the analysts saying "is Kassian finally reaching his potential?" :lol

It's not even like he's finally coming back to average from a bad start. No he's still at 19% for the season lol.

But 7 goals on 13 shots in February is hilarious

Cake Boss

Banned
Mike Hoffman on pace for 30 for a rookie season. All even strengh goals. No power play goals.

Was dicked around by MacLean and healthy scratched at the beginning of the year too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sekac on Montreal radio today saying that Therrien's system was more defensive than he expected and he didn't get a chance to show his offensive upside. Preach man. He should look really good along with Getzlaf and Perry, I hope he blossoms he seems like a really good kid.

I was only barely paying attention to what was going on at that point. It wasn't on a delayed call like I thought, it was on the PP when we were down 4-1 late in the third. Nystrom cleared the puck from nearly the preds goal line and it went in.

Either way, Roy totally lost us that game.

Nordiques return please

Wouldn't be too big of a drive to go to games in Quebec City from NB or NS

Nordiques without PKP and without Quebecor = Yes please
Nordiques under PKP rule and Quebecor media empire rule = HELL NO, and GTFO

PKP is now a public elected official, he has no business double dealing in the private sector owning a media empire and wanting to become Premiere of province at the same time

Top Bottom