• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Gilbert has been a big part of Beaulieu's success? Sure thing York.

Nobody willing to give Beaulieu credit for his own success, all Gonchar and Gilbert.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
@NYRangers: #NYR reach the 80-point plateau in 59 games, which is tied for the 6th fewest games it has taken for them to do so in franchise history.
Not bad.

Rangers are 8-1-2 in the Post-Lundqvist Era, with points in their last 9 games, their longest such streak since 2007-8.

Still holding at 2 points behind the Isles with three games in hand.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Roy pulled his goalie out with 12mins left in the game? lol

Read that earlier.

Seems like this is opening up the argument between advanced stats guys and those who hate them, or ignore them anyway.

I'll need to watch DSP play myself, numbers only do so much for me.

I do agree with worrying about the philosophy though. Putting a focus on size and grit is the wrong way to go.

He's willing to block shots and dish out hits. He may not score much or possess the puck too often but he makes it harder for opponents to play against him. Not a liability either.

Roy pulled his goalie out with 12mins left in the game? lol
At some point he should just start the game without the goalie.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He's willing to block shots and dish out hits. He may not score much or possess the puck too often but he makes it harder for opponents to play against him. Not a liability either.

At some point he should just start the game without the goalie.

We've got a lot of guys who do that, we need scoring. Do you think he has second line upside?

He's been able to score in the AHL pretty well.

We've got a lot of guys who do that, we need scoring. Do you think he has second line upside?

He's been able to score in the AHL pretty well.

Absolutely has second line potential. Probably not the anchor of a second line but he helps with his physical play and trying to get to open areas. He's got a fairly good shot that works well in the AHL level but not quite at the NHL level. He scores garbage goals from close in or off rebounds. He's a natural right winger who's been used mostly on the LW this year. Hopefully he just needed a change of scenery to get out of his current drought. He's 6' and 230 pounds so he can be a wrecking ball to loosen up pucks and cause turnovers.

Hopefully this works out for both teams.

Clydefrog

We Are All Wings

tumblr_mi36z2VeOp1qm1n7io1_500.jpg

Top Bottom