• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Foggy

Columbus reporter saying he was told that Wiz constructed his limited no trade clause to only include 10 teams that had cap space and needed offensive defensemen. After all the dudes that wanted to leave so badly, it's crazy to see a guy do whatever he can to stay. I, for one, really really hope he stays.

trifelife

Yikes

Also, we have a new Canucks win gif:

8n8r7rQ.gif

So good.

Can we add this

8H97Dfd.gif

to it?

It's not even like he's finally coming back to average from a bad start. No he's still at 19% for the season lol.

But 7 goals on 13 shots in February is hilarious

His goal last night... he just slapped it. That shows serious confidence.

If you look at his goal in the Islanders game he takes a slap shot and then skates away from the net. It's like he knows it's going in.

He'll fall off eventually but it looks like Kassian is having fun for now. Hopefully it'll make him a better player.

This road trip is going better than expected: 3-1 with Buffalo coming up, but that's not a guaranteed win.

It would be nice if someone beat the Kings. 3 points behind Vancouver with a game in hand.

Silexx

@ErikKarlsson65: You know you're cheap when you just walk away from your breakfast bill. Luckily I payed for you @MarcMethot3 and we didn't even eat together"

Hahaha holy shit!

Now that's leadership.

Socreges

Banned
His goal last night... he just slapped it. That shows serious confidence.

If you look at his goal in the Islanders game he takes a slap shot and then skates away from the net. It's like he knows it's going in.

He'll fall off eventually but it looks like Kassian is having fun for now. Hopefully it'll make him a better player.

This road trip is going better than expected: 3-1 with Buffalo coming up, but that's not a guaranteed win.

It would be nice if someone beat the Kings. 3 points behind Vancouver with a game in hand.
Canucks really just need to stave off the Flames and Shorks.

1/4 of the season left. Lots can change still.

Big games left:

x2 Kings
x2 Shorks
x2 Jets

gaming_noob

Darren Dreger ✔ @DarrenDreger
Follow
Will have a brief story up on TSN.ca shortly. 14 NHL teams chasing BU goalie Matt O'Connor. Leafs, Canucks, Sens, Flames and Oilers on list.

Would be perfect to back up Reimer next year for a rebuilding team. Bernier could probably fetch first round pick.

Heeeeeeeeeey teams who need a goalie: Berra had a perfect save percentage last night against the best team in the league. You want him. We'll give him to you for free cause we're nice guys.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 33s34 seconds ago

Leafs in return for Winnik get Zach Sill plus 2nd round pick in 2016 and 4th round pick in 2015

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
From the Hurricanes:
Ron Francis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the Hurricanes have acquired a third-round selection in the 2016 NHL Draft and either a fifth- or sixth-round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for forward Jiri Tlusty.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hahaha no one is giving up 2015 2nd rounders. Everyone thinks this is the 2003 draft where you can grab top talent in the 2nd round.

So the Leafs got:

Brendan Leipsic
1st-round pick in 2015
4th-round pick in 2015
2nd-round pick in 2016

For Franson, Santorelli, and Winnik. Ok I guess?

Cactus

Banned
wouldn't he just be sent to the Marlies? I assume he was already playing in the AHL
I'm pretty sure he was playing for the Penguins.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if he's sent down, though. I'd rather give a roster spot to Kozun or Leivo.

zroid

Banned
Apparently Sill played 42 games in the NHL this year... why...?

I'm pretty sure he was playing for the Penguins.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if he's sent down, though. I'd rather give a roster spot to Kozun or Leivo.

Jut saw that... bizarre, lol

but yeah I assume they would prefer to call up a prospect than ice someone who's going to walk anyway

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Take care of Winnik, Pens :(

A 2nd and 4th round for a FA past season is excellent. Dunno about this player get threw in. I'm also fine with retaining salary though we should be careful cause may need to retain salary for other trades and I believe we can only retain for 3 contracts.

Top Bottom