• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Razorskin

----- ------
A+ reporting, Dreger
K8kfUA4.png

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Woke up today. Our defense is still a disgusting pile of humanity.

Why can't we even have a fucking functional defense at the very least? We don't need miracle workers.

Are you looking for guys who are physical.....ly there, on the ice, taking up space that opponents can't immediately access?

Bryan Allen is your man.

I'm guessing that this fight in the locker room is bullshit unless we hear from a source that isn't a football player/commentator, and hope Bickell or Shaw get traded for a Dman

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Scouts at Yotes-Rangers tonight:

Penguins x2
Flames x2
Predators
Blue Jackets
Blackhawks x2
Red Wings
Stars x2
Capitals
Senators
Avalanche

ZeroGravity

Nice to see Florida going for it, although they have one of the tougher schedules the rest of the way. Not going to be easy getting past Boston.

Quick

Banned
So James Duthie is doing an "ask me anything" on reddit right now if you guys want in on it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/2x9mar/i_am_james_duthie_host_of_tsns_infamous/

My favourite:

Q:
Who is your favorite coworker and why is it Aaron Ward?

A:
Aaron is on my list of favourite co-workers. He is at 319. There are 300 people in the company.

:lol

Gold so far. Duthie is great.

Standouts (other than what you posted) for me, so far:

Q: What's the plan when all the trades have already happened before the TSN trade deadline show?

A: Sob. Dance. Sing. Repeat.

Q: If you could have any job on an NHL team (GM, amature scout, president) what would it be?

A: I have always dreamed of being one of the girls in tight outfits who cleans the ice. If not that, "consultant". I want to be in Bora Bora with a cocktail saying, "Trade for Vermette."

zroid

Banned
Brennan should be a decent boost to the marlies playoff push actually

Welcome back, AHL superstar.

I wonder why he's never been given much of a shot in the big leagues. I know he has a rep for being an offensive defenceman who can't play D, but modern hockey thinking suggests those guys might still be more useful than your Holzers and your Granbergs.

In fact, in 40 NHL games played he has decent possession numbers

YnSJhWM.png

Quick

Banned
This Duthie AMA is fucking golden. Everyone should go through it.

Q: Hello James! Thanks for doing this.

How absolutely boned are you for the trade deadline show?

A: I get softer with every deal.

Q: Duthie, served you and your family some pizza a couples weeks ago. Still bragging to my coworkers about it.

A: That was not my family. That was my parole officer and her kids.

Q: Let's say you wake up one day and "TSN Panel: The Movie" gets the greenlight for production. Which actors would be the best fit to play our star panelists?

A: Well me, Channing Tatum, obviously. De Niro could master Bob. Dregs looks like Buzz Lightyear, so he should be animated. Wardo is a dead-ringer for Steve Buscemi.

zroid

Banned
Hockey on Sportsnet would be so much better if Duthie had jumped ship as Rogers apparently wanted. He made the right decision though probably... working with Kypreos, Cox, and MacLean must be a thankless job

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
TSN execs die a little on the inside everytime a trade happens :p

I agree with Michael Landsberg, there should be a crazy trade rumour segment during tradecenter.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully TSN torches Sportsnet in viewers on deadline day, I know I'll be watching TSN.

zroid

Banned
Hopefully TSN torches Sportsnet in viewers on deadline day, I know I'll be watching TSN.

I only saw bits of it, but last year's Sportsnet trade deadline show was horrible :\

I assume they are upping the production this year but it can only be so good when you have Cox, MacLean and Kypreos doing most of the talking

Top Bottom