• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

zroid

Banned
One of Nonis's finest moves. Gleason may be as slow as Jason Allison was but he had real heart and guts, seeing that he won a silver medal in the 2010 Olympics. Damn good hockey player that Tim Gleason fellow was, I miss him.
at least he's still on the Leafs payroll, that's kind of like being with us....

right?

Socreges

Banned
But if that story is even remotely true (and again, it sounds a bit... exaggerated maybe? almost like two or three real little things all mushed into one story?) then I somehow love Buff even more.
Sportsnet has updated their article:
It was previously believed the Jets had made Kane a scratch for the game in his hometown. Following the 3-2 overtime loss on Tuesday, Paul Maurice termed it a “coach’s decision.”

However, multiple sources familiar with the situation have since indicated that Kane was not on the team’s bus to Rogers Arena and then missed a pre-game meeting. He also forewent the breakfast fruit basket in favour of croissants and a Monster energy drink. Repeated attempts to reach him were unsuccessful until approximately an hour before puck drop, when Dustin Byfuglien's wife answered Kane's cell phone saying he was 'occupied'.

Earlier in the day, the 23-year-old winger is said to have had a run-in with teammates and an ailing waterboy who was terminally ill with stomach cancer.

Kane wore a track suit when the Jets players gathered that morning — a violation of team policy. Following a brief workout and stretch, Byfuglien is said to have thrown those clothes into the shower and then defecated on them to send a message to his teammate, according to sources.

That was the last the Winnipeg players ever saw of Evander Kane.

That sounds pretty Evander alright! But I'm a bit dubious only in that it sounds almost too crazy, and local media are saying their sources say it didn't go down like that.

Anyway, he's all your Montreal/Toronto/Philly/whoever

Wow.

Hey if MTL gets him we'll take good care of him.

One of Nonis's finest moves. Gleason may be as slow as Jason Allison was but he had real heart and guts, seeing that he won a silver medal in the 2010 Olympics. Damn good hockey player that Tim Gleason fellow was, I miss him.

And like Grabovski, Kulemin, Raymond, Bolland, and MacArthur, the Leafs got zero return for him.

Such a good GM.

Samyy

I doubt any Canadian team is going to go after Kane, they know media is crazy & don't want to deal with all the extra scrutiny/attention.

Yawnier

Banned
at least he's still on the Leafs payroll, that's kind of like being with us....

right?

I'm sure Nonis and Shanahan are working the phones to get Gleason on Legends Row, so he will always be with us.

With the legacy he left behind in Toronto, he deserves it

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking we didn't have the pieces for Kane before, but now I'm thinking Number One Centre David Desharnais and First Penalty Kill unit star Alexei Emelin for Kane and his wet track suit.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Kane sounds like a locker room cancer.

Not sure I'd wanna go through that again as a Sens fan....

trifelife

Why anyone would want Kane is beyond me. What a fucking loser.

U srs?

He's still young and immensely talented. If he stays focused/healthy/whatever he could have a massive year. If the price is really one "A" prospect (which could end up being higher than the actual return) you should take that gamble every time.

Repeated attempts to reach him were unsuccessful until approximately an hour before puck drop, when Dustin Byfuglien's wife answered Kane's cell phone saying he was 'occupied'.

Is this just a poorly formed sentence, or is Johnston saying that Byfuglien's wife had access to Kane's cell phone when no one on the team knew where he was?

Did Kane go Full Shanahan?

U srs?

He's still young and immensely talented. If he stays focused/healthy/whatever he could have a massive year. If the price is really one "A" prospect (which could end up being high) you should take that gamble.

Radulov was young and immensely talented at one point, but we know the end of the that story. So is Burmistrov, but I don't even know if he's coming back either. Really, the difference is that Kane is Canadian.

That does not sound good.

He picked on a terminally ill person? Christ...

Acid08

Banned
That sounds pretty Evander alright! But I'm a bit dubious only in that it sounds almost too crazy, and local media are saying their sources say it didn't go down like that.

what the hell

Cake Boss

Banned
Is this just a poorly formed sentence, or is Johnston saying that Byfuglien's wife had access to Kane's cell phone when no one on the team knew where he was?

Did Kane go Full Shanahan?

I read it as in Buffs wife is sleeping with Kane and she answered his phone.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

As much as I want him on the Habs, I can't think of a worse player to hand over to Therrien. I don't see how the two would last longer than 5 minutes.

Red_Man

I doubt any Canadian team is going to go after Kane, they know media is crazy & don't want to deal with all the extra scrutiny/attention.
This is a pretty terrible excuse to not trade for a young star player like Kane.

Red_Man

Remember when there were rumours of the Hawks trading Kane because of his behaviour? And the reason Boston traded Seguin? Stupid move. Not jumping on this as any of the other 29 GM's is also dumb.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That Kane story is amazig lol.

TRADE VALUE PLUMMET GOGOGO
I'm sure we'll be on the top of his "cities I wanna play in" list too so we've GOT to be interested.

Samyy

You also have to wonder....at what point "sending a message" turns to bullying as well. Based on the information we have its easy to point to Kane as a problem, and I'm sure he deserves criticism for his actions, but no ones going to be telling the story from his point of view.

Barrie is out tonight, nooooo. At least Elliott will get to play, though I was hoping he would replace the train wrecks of Guenin or Holden. When I saw the alert on my phone I thought we made a trade.

calder

Remember when there were rumours of the Hawks trading Kane because of his behaviour? And the reason Boston traded Seguin? Stupid move. Not jumping on this as any of the other 29 GM's is also dumb.

Remember Robbie Schremp? Everyone said he had an attitude problem and didn't want him around despite his obvious talent. Stupid move, he matured a lot and now he's lighting it up for Skellefteå after brief stops in Russia, Sweden, France, Belarus, and Austria ! I bet those other 30 GM's are regretting that.

It goes both ways lol, in fact I'm sure it goes poorly more often than not, we just remember the handful of guys who turned out to be stars in the NHL

Millard says that Kane's sweats were cut into shirt shorts by Atlanta players

Huh

Kane should opt for spandex instead.

hAUANT1.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"NHLJets Wheeler on rules: “There’s a standard that everyone needs to live up to. If you don’t like it then there’s other places to go.""

:lol Jets locker room

Top Bottom