• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Chris Johnston is saying it might only take one top asset to get Kane now.

Kane might need surgery apparently but everyone's like omg he's getting traded.
It's been reported that he if opts for surgery now, it's his way of saying fuck you to the Jets. He's been holding off and apparently could hold off until the off season, but might just be tired of the shit and do it anyways.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Johnston is saying it might only take one top asset to get Kane now.

It's been reported that he if opts for surgery now, it's his way of saying fuck you to the Jets. He's been holding off and apparently could hold off until the off season, but might just be tired of the shit and do it anyways.

The number of Bergevin's tailor plus a 2nd round pick for Kane.

Cake Boss

Banned
The Vancouver native enjoyed a breakout season in 2011-12, scoring 30 goals. However, he has broken neither the 20-goal nor the 65-game plateau in any season since. He has missed two extended stretches already this season, missing eight games in October with a knee injury and five games around the New Year with a lower body injury.

That's why the price has gone down.

Still only 23 years old though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
#BringKaneHome

Pleaaaase

Who do we trade for him? Kassian is a given, but who else? I'm thinking one of Miller/Lack/Markstrom would have good value to the Jets.

(Also, John fucking Scott has more goals than Cody Hodgson in less games played lol)

Clydefrog

Can’t wait for the Panthers to shut out the Kings tonight.

LA isn’t going to make the Yoffs this year :(

Richards will be laughing in Manchester

calder

Clarkson for Kane. We're practically giving away a top player.

Winnipeg needs more Mimico.

To be honest, I think we're Mimico free so, scientifically speaking, I can't say for sure that Mimico ISN'T the one missing piece. You've given me a lot to think about.

Also, Kane in Toronto would be fucking *hilarious*. Only thing more funny would be Montreal I think. In TO the media would pumping his tires for a while I'm sure, but it sure wouldn't last. I bet Kessel would love having a lightning rod on the roster who would definitely get a thousand times more bad press and fan outrage (justified and not). Poor Phil can't even tweet about having fun on the road without superfans crying about how dare he enjoy life at all until the Leafs win the Cup, just imagine Kane's next inevitable "woohoo vegas baby!" tweet the day after the regular season ends.

Smiley90

Oh god now I'm scared of the Kings winning the lottery

No

Nono

Nonononono

GO ON A RUN KINGS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS PLEAAAAAASE

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pleaaaase

Who do we trade for him? Kassian is a given, but who else? I'm thinking one of Miller/Lack/Markstrom would have good value to the Jets.

(Also, John fucking Scott has more goals than Cody Hodgson in less games played lol)
Lol Smelly, are you even trying? They wouldn't want Kassian, or an old Miller, and why would they take Lack / Markstrom with how Hutchison has played? They'd be looking more at a Tanev / Horvat type guys.

ShaneB

Just got to the part in Al Michaels book where he talks about calling the 1980 Miracle on Ice game, what a fun read.

Smiley90

Lol Smelly, are you even trying? They wouldn't want Kassian, or an old Miller, and why would they take Lack / Markstrom with how Hutchison has played? They'd be looking more at a Tanev / Horvat type guys.

If the Leafs fans can throw around Clarkson's name I can at least throw around tradeable players! :p

Don't think we're trading our best (not just young) D-man. And after trading Kesler I think Horvat is meant to stay or we'll be even less deep at C than we are already. Maybe they want next Latvian superstar with the highest canucks franchise Goals per Game Kenins?

calder

Pleaaaase

Kassian? Who wants that bust? And the Jets don't want a goalie, unless you're taking Pavelec, even ignoring the fact that if the Jets wanted Markstrom at all they would have taken him off waivers at some point.

And honestly Vancouver, I'm not sure you'd want Kane. He can barely get by the distractions of visiting home once or twice a year, but being on the Canucks would be a huge boon to the local tabloid gossip columns though.

Smiley90

Kassian? Who wants that bust? And the Jets don't want a goalie, unless you're taking Pavelec, even ignoring the fact that if the Jets wanted Markstrom at all they would have taken him off waivers at some point.

And honestly Vancouver, I'm not sure you'd want Kane. He can barely get by the distractions of visiting home once or twice a year, but being on the Canucks would be a huge boon to the local tabloid gossip columns though.

Isnt that the point though? He goes crazy when he's here because he's here so rarely. Also from all I can tell his problem with the Jets is a city/chemistry problem so he might be able to play up to his potential when he's in his hometown. That's why I want him here.

Sanjuro

Subban is still on the team! Guy looks ready.

H4R1Qyo.jpg

calder

Isnt that the point though? He goes crazy when he's here because he's here so rarely. Also from all I can tell his problem with the Jets is a city/chemistry problem so he might be able to play up to his potential when he's in his hometown. That's why I want him here.

Hehehe ok sure forget I said anything. Throw together a couple of high picks, maybe a first rounder next year or a couple of seconds, one of your last two first round picks and maybe that Kenins kid as a throw in and we'll call it a deal. Every one's a winner! :D

2009-2010 Thrashers 66
2010-2011 Thrashers 73
2011-2012 Jets 74
2012-2013 Jets 48 (lockout)
2013-2014 Jets 63
2014-2015 Jets 37

Canucks can't afford Kane anyway. It's nice to dream, but they'd want Tanev, Horvat, and a 1st. Not even sure if they'd want Horvat since their centre depth is good and they might want a winger (Virtanen/McCann/Shinkaruk) instead.

Canucks also don't have an elite centre besides Henrik to play with him.

Socreges

Banned

Better than Winnipeg, the Racism Capital of North America.™

As for Markstrom, he was on waivers before the start of the season, but has looked great recently. So that's irrelevant. Still, you guys likely wouldn't want him anyway with Hutchinson, as Red said.

calder

BREAKING: Evander Kane failed to show up for #NHLJets game in Vancouver, @Sportsnet has learned: bit.ly/1Ib164w

It was previously believed the Jets had made Kane a scratch for the game in his hometown. Following the 3-2 overtime loss on Tuesday, Paul Maurice termed it a “coach’s decision.”

However, multiple sources familiar with the situation have since indicated that Kane was not on the team’s bus to Rogers Arena and then missed a pre-game meeting. Repeated attempts to reach him were unsuccessful until approximately an hour before puck drop, when Kane answered his cellphone and said he wouldn’t be playing against the Canucks that night.

Earlier in the day, the 23-year-old winger is said to have had a run-in with teammates.

Kane wore a track suit when the Jets players gathered that morning — a violation of team policy. Following a brief workout and stretch, Byfuglien is said to have thrown those clothes into the shower to send a message to his teammate, according to sources.

That was the last the Winnipeg players saw of Kane until the team’s charter flight home.

That sounds pretty Evander alright! But I'm a bit dubious only in that it sounds almost too crazy, and local media are saying their sources say it didn't go down like that.

Anyway, he's all your Montreal/Toronto/Philly/whoever

zroid

Banned
That sounds pretty Evander alright! But I'm a bit dubious only in that it sounds almost too crazy, and local media are saying their sources say it didn't go down like that.

welp

ship kane to glendale?

calder

But if that story is even remotely true (and again, it sounds a bit... exaggerated maybe? almost like two or three real little things all mushed into one story?) then I somehow love Buff even more.

Yawnier

Banned
Remember when the Leafs traded Liles for Gleason?

One of Nonis's finest moves. Gleason may be as slow as Jason Allison was but he had real heart and guts, seeing that he won a silver medal in the 2010 Olympics. Damn good hockey player that Tim Gleason fellow was, I miss him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Wow, Kane, wow.

Top Bottom