• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Acid08

Banned
Tarasov playing his first NHL game tonight and Mueller finally back in the lineup.

Too bad we can never score on Miller.

ShaneB

So, Chrome has been shitting the bed for me for a little while now, especially on GAF with gifs. There are times when I can't even post on a thread because gifs pretty much kill Chrome.

I just installed Firefox and it seems to run a lot better. Is this just an initial thing, or has Firefox just been so much better? I haven't used Firefox full time since 5 years ago I think.

I've tired to stick with Firefox a bunch of times, but keep going back to Chrome, and yes, Chrome pretty much comes to a halt with gifs lately. I've resorted to turning off images here sadly it's that bad.

Glad to get the win. Terrible bit of play late there with so many penalties.

Quick

Banned
Also, Kane in Toronto would be fucking *hilarious*. Only thing more funny would be Montreal I think. In TO the media would pumping his tires for a while I'm sure, but it sure wouldn't last. I bet Kessel would love having a lightning rod on the roster who would definitely get a thousand times more bad press and fan outrage (justified and not). Poor Phil can't even tweet about having fun on the road without superfans crying about how dare he enjoy life at all until the Leafs win the Cup, just imagine Kane's next inevitable "woohoo vegas baby!" tweet the day after the regular season ends.

:lol :lol :lol

This is so true. I actually feel bad for any Leaf players on social media, especially Kessel and Phaneuf. All I would see on Instagram are "you guys should practice" and generally dumb shit. But I'm really not surprised by any of that.

Speaking of Instagram: Jake and Morgan go grocery shopping...

Quick

Banned
I switched from Chrome to Firefox two years ago because Chrome was having GIF issues.

Guess how many issues I've had since.

This might really be a long-term switch for me.

I've tired to stick with Firefox a bunch of times, but keep going back to Chrome, and yes, Chrome pretty much comes to a halt with gifs lately. I've resorted to turning off images here sadly it's that bad.

Glad to get the win. Terrible bit of play late there with so many penalties.

I've been looking for a Chrome extension that automatically pauses gifs and runs only when I click on it (like the mobile version of Buzzfeed articles) - no such luck.

Chrome only has issues for me in this thread :p

Most notably this thread kills Chrome for me.

And funny enough, it's not the Ducks gifs that do it. <3

Most notably this thread kills Chrome for me.

And funny enough, it's not the Ducks gifs that do it. <3

Of course not, Ducks GIFs are life.

Hmm, I have noticed GAF being slow on Chrome, I thought it was the server.

Maybe I'll try Firefox too. First thing to do is to switch back to Google as the search. Or as Heretic calls it, Bing.

Quick

Banned
How is "having to turn off GIFs" a compromise in any form? You should expect that your browser can display all content.

My gifs are loading without my PC suddenly running like a turbine.

iblNpKh11fcyFC.gif

zroid

Banned
Any time I launch Chrome nowadays it just immediately crashes. It's bizarre. Needless to say, I don't use it anymore...

Merguson

Banned
So, Chrome has been shitting the bed for me for a little while now, especially on GAF with gifs. There are times when I can't even post on a thread because gifs pretty much kill Chrome.

I just installed Firefox and it seems to run a lot better. Is this just an initial thing, or has Firefox just been so much better? I haven't used Firefox full time since 5 years ago I think.

I did a similar thing days ago. Wasn't just the gifs.

Chrome is a hog. CPU usage constantly in the 50ish percent range.

With Firefox, it's below 25 percent regularly.

Heretic

Of course not, Ducks GIFs are life.

Hmm, I have noticed GAF being slow on Chrome, I thought it was the server.

Maybe I'll try Firefox too. First thing to do is to switch back to Google as the search. Or as Heretic calls it, Bing.
Bing is life!

Heretic was just standing outside the arena handing them out.
BAHAHAHA! <3

MVPerry scoring the EN is why I was watching the Nashville feed.

The deflation is so worth it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Our PP is awesome, though we probably can't score with 12 seconds to start the 3rd, but still I haven't seen it like this in a long time, puck movement, shots, plays, it's all so beautiful.

Top Bottom