• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Sanjuro

Bruins only play six games on a Monday this entire season. I really don't understand this scheduling. Is there some kind of special Canadian broadcasts for Monday night?

San Jose Sharks ‏@SanJoseSharks 6m
#SJSharks acquire Evgeni Nabokov from @TBLightning. Announcement regarding Nabokov's future coming Wednesday. http://go.sjsharks.com/IKPGv

Great career.

evgeni_nabokov20.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Ray Ferraro is such a fucking idiot right now on Leafs Lunch. Asked who he would buy out on the Leafs, he says Clarkson then he first would look at trading Kessel n Phaneuf and if not then buyout. A bit later asked if Bozak is a buyout candidate, he replies you can easily trade Bozak.
Buying out both Clarkson and Phaneuf would be costly...but possibly worth doing. And Bozak is definitely tradeable, though it'd be turd for turd. Overall doesn't seem so stupid.

Also :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9BT3QHqbSg

This'll be a big story in Montreal.
How do these two not resolve their shit. You're millionaires on a winning team FFS

zroid

Banned
Buying out both Clarkson and Phaneuf would be costly...but possibly worth doing. And Bozak is definitely tradeable, though it'd be turd for turd. Overall doesn't seem so stupid.

Clarkson's contract is buy out proof unfortunately. Thanks Nonis.

Cake Boss

Banned

How do these two not resolve their shit. You're millionaires on a winning team FFS

What I got out of it is that he thinks its easier to trade Bozak then it is to trade Phaneuf and Kessel, which doesn't seem right.

zroid

Banned
Isn't it an average of $2m or so spread over several seasons? Trade off being cap relief for the next few seasons but the penalty for seasons afterwards.

No apparently the way it's structured with bonuses, they only only save like less than $1 m cap hit per year for the duration of the contract length, and then it'd cost another $500k or something for a few years after that. It's really really bad.

edit: found this on TSN. so yeah they'd only get any real cap relief in 16/17 and 17/18 and even then it's only about $1.5m

71UG1wT.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll miss watching the boys torch Nabokov while clowning the Islanders.

Cool on the Sharks for being able to allow him to retire in San Jose.

Curufinwe

Braden Holtby played in his 150th NHL game Thursday night for the Washington Capitals.

This isn't a particularly notable milestone, but he is the first drafted goaltender since the 2006 NHL Draft to reach 150 games. In fact, he's the only goalie from the past nine draft classes to have reached 100 NHL games.

Anders Lindback (Dallas Stars) is at 94, but is not receiving regular playing time. Robin Lehner (Ottawa Senators) is at 80, but would need a long-term injury to Craig Anderson or a trade to reach 100 in 2014-15. Frederik Andersen (Anaheim Ducks), who has the quirky honor of leading two NHL draft classes in games played by a goalie, is at 70.

Unless Lindback plays six more games this season, the 2015-16 campaign will begin with one goaltender from the past 10 draft classes having reached 100 games.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=751852

Is there a timeline of when the All-Star game turned to shit? Came across the 1993 All-Star game on YouTube and it's an actual game of hockey. There's checking, defence, players skating at full speed, even slapshots. It's still soft hockey compared to a regular season game, but still, the quality on the ice is insanely better than any All-Star game I can remember watching.

gaming_noob

Greg Brady ‏@bradyfan590 12m12 minutes ago
Heard same thing yesterday that @Damospin mentioned on @BradyAndWalker & Healy noted on @SNJeffBlair - Leafs "very ready" to move Bernier.

Draglikepull ‏@draglikepull 6m6 minutes ago
So a number of people at Sportsnet have all heard that the Leafs could be looking to trade Bernier. Someone definitely wants that out there.

Huh.....??

Merguson

Banned
Bernier's hairstyle isn't part of the Shanaplan.

EDIT: Many people have said the Leafs have made everyone available (with the exception of Morgan Rielly, and in some cases, JVR) so it wouldn't be unusual to see Bernier pop up in rumors.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Slow down Leafs.

I need time to be able to spin all of these rumours. I can't if they keep popping up every few seconds.

Samyy

I just think they want people to give them some calls regarding Bernier, doubt their actively shopping them.

Just want to see what a potential return could look like. If they're doing a full rebuild Bernier would be 30+ by the time they get good so maybe thats why?

Top Bottom