• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Raymond still scoring? Thought his luck would have ended by now, that's what's so crazy about this team is the production from unexpected players.

Sharks looked awful on that delayed penalty and dodged a couple bullets on their PK.

And ensure that the Kings don't make the playoffs.

X7zolcT.gif

I'll be okay with this.

Btw Better Call Saul is actually pretty good.

zroid

Banned
I think you're overreacting, it wasn't clearly over.
Hey hopefully when they get those microchips in the puck they'll somehow be able to tell exactly, even if its just by a millimetre.

yea these kinds of calls happen to everyone. sucks but it's the rules.

I read somewhere that the league isn't planning to use the puck tracking tech for that yet, mainly because they aren't sure whether it will be 100% accurate. but at least it's something they're thinking about.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave learns how to play hockey SPECIAL UPDATE!!!

First please open this link and play it in the background as you read below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3h3sp1l_Fo

Hello friends,

I have just got back home and I can say today that I have just finished my last hockey school session. I have officially "graduated" from hockey school!!!!

10 weeks of learning all the basics, bonding with my teammates and overall having tons of fun. I can't say that I am now a super duper player but I can say I am a lot better. I am skating a lot smoother, I can make sharp turns. I still can't stop well but I can skate backwards a few meters and frankly I am amazed by that.

With hockey school now over, next week I begin the next step; we now play actual real live games. Not shinny, but actually games with refs and proper line changes and everything.

That said today we ran a few drills and then ran some organized shinny for 40 minutes straight tonight. The problem my team had was we only had 7 guys tonight, so needless to say we were exhausted but my teammates, boy are they amazing. After 10 minutes we were already up 5-0 and from there we were able to coast for the remainder of the time.

Remember how I just said my teammates are amazing? They really are. Once we were up they kept trying to get me the puck to give me a chance to score. I didn't end up scoring but I was able to take a nice wrister in the slot that the goalie deflected off his shoulder. I had another chance right next to the net at point blank but fanned on the pass. It was a drastic improvement over the first shinny I took part in, I was able to get the puck, I was able to keep possession and I didn't feel like I was holding us back much.

I played mostly left wing tonight with a few shifts at center and 1 or 2 on defense. I'm more motivated then when I started now. I want to be able to help this team out, I want to be able to do my role.

As always I'll keep you guys updated as I continue to go along, we have 7 games coming up and then a big tournament to end the season in mid April.

cat-graduation-cap-gown-15930306.jpg

Top Bottom