• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

ShaneB

We can watch him develop into Forsberg 2.0 in Edmonton together.

You can probably add him to the list, dude's gonna be a monster soon.

Yes, I'd like to see him stay a Cap, really interested in his play.

ronnymad.gif

Bah!

Don't mind the trade much.

Myers hasn't been consistent in ages. When he's on his game he's amazing, but it's been pretty clear he wasn't turning it around on this team. They tried bringing back his old linemate Tallinder for him, then tried to have Gorges help him this year, and it hasn't worked out.

Stafford is the kind of player you notice in contract years. Then don't the next couple years. Though he's been pretty average this contract year. Jets must really believe they can turn around Myers, since I don't see a whole lot of value in Stafford as a trade piece. Guess there's always a chance a change of scenery wakes up a once 20-30 goal guy, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Losing Armia probably hurts the most since he seemed to be a guy who'd definitely be on the team next year. And a guy who would probably at least gotten a shot at the team by now if the GM wasn't looking for a team that's as bad as possible this season.

Lemieux is a big prospect, but still probably a couple years away and Murray's said before that his plans have been to trade some prospects away that are early in development for things already developed or closer to it.

What do you think of Bogosian and Kane?

Bogosian seems like a guy who can fill in for the minutes that Myers logged. Seems like he could be considered underachieving similar to Myers, but his potential max is probably way lower than Myers's.

Kane seems like an absolutely massive upgrade from Stafford (or just about anybody currently on the Sabres). Like even with the off ice drama and shortened season, he's put up more goals in fewer games than any Sabre. Plus there's the "bonus" of him not being around the rest of this year, keeping Murray's tank right where he wants it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Versteeg back tonight after missing over a month. Nordstrom go sent back down to the AHL where he belongs. Hopefully thats the last I have to see of him for a long time.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Not surprised bogo is gone, I have heard things from the inside that bogo has had some "bad" habits which is why they told trouba he wasnt going to bunk with him anymore because troubs started becoming a slow issue. Bogo was not on a great path

Funny, I was so considering trading Kane in my fantasy, but really, is the Sabres do get McDavid, Kane will be on his wing for sure. And that will be awesome :).

BUF receives Anders Lindback and a conditional 3rd round pick for Jonas Enroth.

Well... I guess that's ok for an UFA goalie? Neuvirth/Lindback for the rest of the year though. Yikes.

Though if they don't get that 3rd round pick, it's horrible.

zroid

Banned
Edmonton will have to settle for their 20% chance at Eichel and 13.5% chance at McDavid

Buffalo is on a whole other level

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is this the most successful tank year for a team ever? Seems like it. Murray is next level right now.

Boston will be the next team to fall off in the Atlantic.

The future is Tampa, Montreal, Florida, Buffalo and somehow Detroit.
They're already falling off, they could possibly lose their spot to Florida. They're style doesn't fit in with the rest of the NHL anymore.

If Jonas Enroth wins 4 playoff games for DAL, BUF gets 2nd round pick instead of 3rd. That's the condition. But BUF guaranteed at least 3rd.

Ok, I'll take that condition.

A 3rd and a warm body to sit on the bench in exchange for UFA Enroth.

zroid

Banned
I wonder if Edmonton will trade their pick if they don't end up getting the 1st overall.

I assume you mean if they don't get 1st or 2nd, 'cause they ain't trading Eichel

I think if they get 3rd they will draft Hanifin, who should be a good piece for them. And there's not really any way they drop down further than 3rd, so I figure they're keeping their pick.

Leafs need to step the fuck up. You aren't winning McDavid sitting on your hands.

CMON LEAFS

Can't even tank right..

Gotta hope Uncle Gary is on our side on lottery day. That's all we can do. :'(

Boston will be the next team to fall off in the Atlantic.

The future is Tampa, Montreal, Florida, Buffalo and somehow Detroit.

Dat late round miracle drafting and youth movement coupled with the "Detroit will not be good this year" talk that happens every year. Though to be fair this year is really surprising for even us.

And LOL, Sabres aren't even trying to hide the tank now.

Fei

I'll miss Enroth. Funny how he ends up back with Ruff - the coach who never trusted him and played Miller 70 games as a result.

That said, your move Edmonton.

zroid

Banned
Buffalo won't win the lottery, calling it now.

that's the beauty of this draft, they don't even need to. finishing last is enough to guarantee one of McDavid or Eichel.

for that matter, it wouldn't work in the 2016 draft since there will be separate lotteries for the first few picks as opposed to just the #1

Top Bottom