• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

ShaneB

Heh, should've said a little more, mean I could see them losing out of top 2. Meaning finishing last and other teams jump them in the draft lottery.

zroid

Banned
Heh, should've said a little more, mean I could see them losing out of top 2. Meaning finishing last and other teams jump them in the draft lottery.

if they finish last they have a 20% shot at #1, and 80% at #2

no other possibilities

image.php
lol literally the first thing I thought of

image.php
image.php

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Finally caught up with all the trade talk.

Goddamn at that WPG-BUF trade.

Lindback goes to Buffalo in exchange for Enroth?

Bisonyesyyes.gif

We're still not making the playoffs =/

zroid

Banned
Is that BUF condition real? What makes them think we'll reach playoffs ever again?

idk they're probably happy with the 3rd. condition just sweetens the deal in case Enroth makes a big impact.

who knows, he might get hot suddenly and end up carrying Dallas into the playoffs and through the 1st round

Pikma

Banned
idk they're probably happy with the 3rd. condition just sweetens the deal in case Enroth makes a big impact.

who knows, he might get hot suddenly and end up carrying Dallas into the playoffs and through the 1st round
Have you seen Dallas' defense work lately? It's a nightmare, they haven't managed to allow less than 2 goals since the start of the year. Lindback was complete shit but was not the only problem in the team.

Parch

If Kane got what he just did, I don't want to even begin to imagine what it would take to get Hall out of Edmonton.
Hall isn't a problem child, so double the bounty.

I know Buffalo had the depth to do this, but seriously, this is a ridiculous deal. Some young talent is grossly overrated in this league. All of a sudden Evander Kane is the next Crosby? Buffalo is nuts.

Oiler fans must be losing their minds watching Buffalo have such an efficient and quick rebuild.

Nah, we've just stopped giving a shit about the team so long as Lowe and Mactavish are running the show. I'm actually quite impressed with how the Sabres are rebuilding so efficiently.

Also helps that I have Winnipeg to cheer for.

You could have watched a portion of the first episode and now you'll have to wait two weeks. Why go on living?

Quite a few people watched the whole first episode, wouldn't be much different than watching a network show, until you get the whole thing in two weeks.

I don't think the trade was as big as the (super bored) hockey media is making it out to be.

It's basically the Jets and Sabres trading former blue-chip prospects that have turned out to be disappointments. Kane and Bogosian, 4th and 3rd overall picks, clearly weren't what the Jets expected them to be. Same for Myers and the Sabres. Brendan Lemieux's agent apparently informed the Sabres that he had no intention of signing with them. Stafford is a rental.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Surprise surprise...
I don't really see a playoff team paying a lot for him for a playoff run. If he has this much trouble in the regular season, there's no way he'd survive a few playoff rounds.

I don't think the trade was as big as the (super bored) hockey media is making it out to be.

It's basically the Jets and Sabres trading former blue-chip prospects that have turned out to be disappointments. Kane and Bogosian, 4th and 3rd overall picks, clearly weren't what the Jets expected them to be. Same for Myers and the Sabres. Brendan Lemieux's agent apparently informed the Sabres that he had no intention of signing with them. Stafford is a rental.
I feel the same way, it's definitely a huge trade, but not as historic as many have made it out to be. Aside from Kane, there aren't any other A+ players, and ever the prospects, while great aren't top tier ones.

Yawnier

Banned

I think some fans are just hungry for half-decently big trades and moves

This season has been one of the tamest I ever remember trades wise. At least last season had the Vanek-Moulson trade early on.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think some fans are just hungry for half-decently big trades and moves

This season has been one of the tamest I ever remember trades wise. At least last season had the Vanek-Moulson trade early on.
Top 8 in the East is set aside from the final spot more or less, so hopefully having so many sellers in the East will make things more exciting this year

zroid

Banned
Millard just conduced the shittiest interview with Chevy imaginable. He kept asking about the "Vancouver incident" and obviously Chevy wasn't going to bite. It was a total non-starter.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Top 8 in the East is set aside from the final spot more or less, so hopefully having so many sellers in the East will make things more exciting this year
I can't wait for the Great Leafpocalypse of 2015 that's looming on the horizon. That all by itself is going to be entertaining as hell.

Revenant

Hey Rev good to see you. I like the Hawks' chances this year. They are a good team.

Alright, enjoy the game. :)

Hi Soc, hope all is well with you. The Canucks seem like a team of swell fellas.

P.S.

Your eddie lack avatar reminds me of Mr. Sparkle of some reason, which gives me a hearty chuckle.

The supposed Vancouver offer was Matthias, Jensen, Gaunce, and a 1st.

Pretty similar to the Buffalo offer: a pending UFA, two prospects (I'd give to edge to Buffalo there), and a 1st.

My guess is that sending Kane to the East and the fact Myers for Bogosian was included sweetened the deal for the Jets.

Top Bottom