• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Hearing rumours that it's not all done yet, that the Jets got Myers in order to flip him to... Detroit.

Crazed, prepare to have your ridiculously stocked farm system raided. :p

OH NO, OH NO, OH NO, OH NO, OH NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jet's probably want Helm (Winn native and on a tear this year), and probably a good prospect and draft pick. DO NOT WANT RIGHT NOW!!!

Also rumor source?

calder

LegitShook.gif

That was exactly me looking over at tweetdeck on my second monitor.

Still trying to process it. The Jets biggest hole was overall depth, especially in our bottom 6 forwards and on the wing with Kane hurt. The excess right handed Dmen was also a small problem in that it forced/allowed Maurice to move Buff to wing.

calder

OH NO, OH NO, OH NO, OH NO, OH NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jet's probably want Helm (Winn native and on a tear this year), and probably a good prospect and draft pick. DO NOT WANT RIGHT NOW!!!

Also rumor source?

The rumour is just a couple of guys on twitter, can't tell if they know anything or were just guessing/assuming but they were retweeted by a couple of local blogs and a beat writer. It makes sense in that the Jets really didn't need a right shooting dman back at all, so why take Myers unless there is another part to this?

Also, when Jets fans think of Myers, they pretty much think of this. :p

calder

Hah, my wife just texted me "Nooooooooo you still better wear that $170 shirt" referring to the Kane sweater she got me for my birthday.

When she hears about a trade you know it's a blockbuster. ;)

yyzjohn

Banned
I hate our fucking division.

Everyone is either getting stacked with young prospects or they're already beasts.

And then there's the Leafs, wallowing away in bullshit.

No worries, we've hit rock bottom, its all uphill from here.*

* said every Leafs fan 8 years ago.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oiler fans must be losing their minds watching Buffalo have such an efficient and quick rebuild.

Red_Man

I can already imagine the kind of confrontations Gorges and Kane might have. No way they mix well together, doubtful Gionta takes to him either.

gaming_noob

You know HFboards is bad when even I am arguing with them about their fantasy trades.

They think Kessel can land Strome, Dal Colle AND Reinhart.

Fei

I'm just upset Buffalo never got a real look at Armia. He's been getting high praise in Rochester this year when healthy. Tremendous amount of growth from last year. Best of luck to him.

Red_Man

Wow no way Canucks would've matched that offer. Great return for Winnipeg and Buffalo gets two roster players.
Likewise for the Habs, to compete with that we would have had to offer up something like Eller / DLR, Scherbak, 1st, Beaulieu or something along those lines. No thank you.

I'm just upset Buffalo never got a real look at Armia. He's been getting high praise in Rochester this year when healthy. Tremendous amount of growth from last year. Best of luck to him.

What was Armia playing down in Rochester? Last I see is him listed as a C/RW. Still the same?

calder

Shit, major red flag for Jets fans - Button loves the trade. :(

TSN Director of Scouting Craig Button's Trade Assessment:

- the deal helps the Jets now and for the future

- Tyler Myers is an upgrade on Zach Bogosian. Drew Stafford is a serviceable third-liner to help the Jets make playoffs

- Brendan Lemieux is a lock to be a second line power forward and Joel Armia has a chance to be a scoring winger

- Kane has won the lottery – he's a fast, powerful goal scorer almost certain to be playing with generational centres McDavid or Eichel, both of whom are brilliant playmakers

- The Jets' prospects were ranked as the best among Canadian teams last month...this makes them No. 1 in the entire league

RW on Grigorenko's line all year. They apparently very had good chemistry together.

Bummer. It's always nice when prospects can get chemistry going before coming to the NHL together. It gave Granlund/Zucker/Coyle boosts coming in around the same time over the last year or two.

- Kane has won the lottery – he's a fast, powerful goal scorer almost certain to be playing with generational centres McDavid or Eichel, both of whom are brilliant playmakers

This doesn't matter at all if I still can't get along with anybody.

- The Jets' prospects were ranked as the best among Canadian teams last month...this makes them No. 1 in the entire league

Undoubtedly. Armia and Lemieux are both fantastic prospects.

calder

A lot of the analytics bloggers I follow on twitter like the trade for Buffalo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: Steve Burtch likes it for the Jets though, I think

Even more than most trades, this is totally impossible to judge for a while. At least a year or two, how do you compare a trade for a guy who's hurt for the rest of the season going to a team that looks to be on the upswing in two years?

Comparing Bogo to Myers might be possible, but I'm not sure how useful it would be when there are so many other moving parts. I actually consider Bogo and Myers to be very similar - high first round picks that are entering their primes who might not be quite as good as their skills set (or size) and draft position would indicate. Merely OK contracts for both based on current performance, Bogo has some injury concerns but Myers has some gets-knocked-the-fuck-down-like-a-shrimp concerns... I'd call it a pick 'em.

Top Bottom